Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88467 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Now FRYDAY 20:00 GMT+0) (Suggest other days!)
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am now level two. By the way we should probably send Ragnar out on the scouting mission since he's going to be away and all.

The only odd thing i can see is that an 8 Con score is a -1 modifier (it says +0 for some reason), which btw, means that if you rolled a 3 for your level 2 hit dice, means you only got 2 HP.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »

I regenned my character sheet, it should be a bit better now, I hope.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

You should put your spells on your character sheet, lest one of us come up with a brilliant tactical suggestion involving your ability to bitchslap the laws of physics.

Now about those QUESTIONS I asked three posts ago...

(also, I used the character generator to make a rogue1/wizard1 character, and I ended up with 7 extra skill points, instead of the 6 I was expecting, any idea what's up there?)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2009, 10:13:25 pm »

Wait, are you talking to me? I figured I got any I chose...
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2009, 10:23:15 pm »

Sorry, my bad, I rolled really bad on my Knowledge: Name Consistency check.

JERVOUS should put his spells in his character sheet, lest someone come up with a brilliant plan involving tearing a small piece of the world apart and reshaping it according to his will.

On that note, where IS your new character sheet, stefan?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2009, 10:29:08 pm »

1) When you take the first level in your new class, do you get the number of skill points for a character at first level (usually 4x as many)?

No, that's for first level characters only.

2) I think I read that if you're multiclassing , the class skills from your previous class count as class skills (as opposed to cross-class) when allocating skill points in the new class?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/multiclass.htm

Quote from: D20 SRD
Skills

If a skill is a class skill for any of a multiclass character’s classes, then character level determines a skill’s maximum rank. (The maximum rank for a class skill is 3 + character level.)

If a skill is not a class skill for any of a multiclass character’s classes, the maximum rank for that skill is one-half the maximum for a class skill.

3) The SRD mentions something about an experience penalty when multiclassing, but I can't find where it goes into detail about that. Elves don't take the exp penalty when multiclassing to wizard (convenient  ;D)), but will I take some kind of penalty when I start taking Arcane Trickster?

I have not and never will use multiclass experience penalties. They add unnessesary bookkeeping and no positive gameplay elements.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2009, 07:00:21 am »

Not that you would take any xp penalties anyway, Arcane trickster is a prestige class and therefore doesn't count as far as xp penalties are concerned.

Is everyone level 2 now or just the people who have been playing most of the time?

Do new arrivals gain xp or will everyone start at level 1?

I got my HP roll from http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm and haven't heard any complaints. But HPs are just one roll, we can probably do them at the next session if nothing has been resolved until then.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2009, 10:13:33 am »

Is everyone level 2 now or just the people who have been playing most of the time?

I'm not level 2, I'm at like 600 exp... I think there was one more person who was still level 1...

So there's no complaints against me implementing my new level as soon as I hit 1000 exp? Also, since I don't have a spellbook, am I going to have to go without one until we find a town, or do I just spontaneously generate one when I become a wizard?

And familiars... I can't tell if it's something I summon to me, or if it's a wild animal that becomes magically bound to me. Which is it? And if it's the latter, how the hell am I going to find a housecat on a mountain?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:19 am »

Just find a spider the size of a housecat, it should be similar...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2009, 02:31:01 pm »

The only odd thing i can see is that an 8 Con score is a -1 modifier (it says +0 for some reason), which btw, means that if you rolled a 3 for your level 2 hit dice, means you only got 2 HP.

What's hit dice? And I'm supposed to actually have LOWER HP than before?

Woops, I see my mistake. I accidently put 8 instead of 10 which I had before on my sheet. What do I need to change other than that?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2009, 07:38:53 pm »

And familiars... I can't tell if it's something I summon to me, or if it's a wild animal that becomes magically bound to me. Which is it? And if it's the latter, how the hell am I going to find a housecat on a mountain?

Technically both; it's an animal you summon from somewhere (elemental planes, the wild somewhere, etc.)

If you actually have a 10 con score Jervous then i assume you rolled a 2 for your hit dice this level (your hit dice is\are the number of times you've rolled a dice for hitpoints, for standard PC races this equals their player level.) And i can't see any other mistakes.

Also, Yes shoruke, you spontainiously generate a spellbook when you become a Wizard, i'm pretty sure there was a bookshelf in that old house (if there wasn't, there is now) and you can find a blank book suitable for scribing spells in it easily enough, since it was kind of a Wizard's house after all.

Also, RAM, a spider the size of a housecat is actually smaller than any of the Spiders you've fought so far. (Except for the spiders in the swarm.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:40:48 pm by Neruz »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

Yes, but surely you are going to give us the ability to take spider familiars, companions, mounts, celestial spider mounts for the paladins, pack spiders for carrying goods...
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »

If you want to worship Lolth and get yourself spider minions, go right ahead. Considering your party's previous experience with spiders the others may be less than impressed.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what happens if my familiar dies? Do I just summon a new one?

(and if someone gets spider minions, they are to not have them anywhere near me, and allow one nonpoisonous spider be eaten by my cat familiar per day. Otherwise there shall be violent repercussions.)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2009, 09:47:38 pm »

Quote from: The Goddamn SRD
If the familiar dies or is dismissed by the sorcerer, the sorcerer must attempt a DC 15 Fortitude saving throw. Failure means he loses 200 experience points per sorcerer level; success reduces the loss to one-half that amount. However, a sorcerer’s experience point total can never go below 0 as the result of a familiar’s demise or dismissal. A slain or dismissed familiar cannot be replaced for a year and day. A slain familiar can be raised from the dead just as a character can be, and it does not lose a level or a Constitution point when this happy event occurs.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 177