Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88471 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Now FRYDAY 20:00 GMT+0) (Suggest other days!)
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2009, 11:14:44 pm »

reserved for chatlog
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »

reserved for chatlog
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:40 am »

Okay, the chatlog is severely long, and involves a whole lot of lag in an IRC-like format, which doesn't work very well when you aren't staring at the screen watching it happen. And so, paraphrasing!

DnD the Abridged Series, episode 2! (there is no episode 1, I wasn't there at that point)

The story thus far: The group woke up in some place, and found a bunch of goblins in a clearing in the forest, which they looted for ONE AND ONLY ONE crossbow, which caused much internal strife. Then they wandered around some caves, I think there were spiders, scroll cases, and a ballpoint pen involved, and then they found some really empty tower thing that they decided to make their and call home base. So now we live in the adventurer's guild (as per the sign out front). That's where I came in, that very day, having heard about the adventurer's guild in the newspaper and I wanted to make my fortune as a mechanically-minded elf with a slight interest in arcane magic and a knack for being able to do things generally reserved for the shady side of the law.

Today, we explored the path that leads from our new 'house' up the mountain. It took us a while to bypass the portcullis, until someone simply walked off the balcony and dropped a ladder for us. Then we came to a barricade of spider webs (I rolled an awesome spot check at this point) and saw spiderman five times (okay, 5 spider-humanoids, to be specific), so I suggested we all pick up sticks (which TOTALLY appear on mountainsides) and light them on fire to proceed, and after a short while the spidermans rushed us, whoever-that-was' dog died, and I valiantly rushed in to save the dog, and I totally one-shotted that spider, and then the BIGGER spider came along and knocked me from my maximum 4 health down to negative ten -9hp. After the party beat him up, the cleric pointed a finger at me to stabilize me, and we went back to rest.

Except one guy, I think it was the other rogue, went to loot some human-shape, human-size, bundles of spider web that looked oddly like sarcophogi, and found a bunch of kinda-pretty loot (chainmail, half plate, a couple rapiers, all of it with elemental runes on it, as we later learned), as well as a swarm of spiders.

And I don't mean a subjective lot of spiders; I mean a SWARM. An entity much like a monster, with the glaring exception that it's immune to everything except Area of Effect attacks. So we all rushed in with Flaming Sticks, and sucked epic ass trying to kill it, until Neras showed up and took two rounds to figure out that he should cast Burning Hands; yes burning hands the one cliched Area Of Effect spell to end them all. He was pretty damn smug about saving all our asses and started demanding that pretty much all the loot he wanted should belong to him, since we owe him big for destroying the swarm (after two turns), until we pointed out to him that mithral chainmail has an arcane spell failure chance of 20%. So I got that instead. Also, the cleric gave me the longsword he found (+1, and has water runes on it).

I think everyone got SOME kind of equipment buff in the past few days... also, between me and Neras jointly deciphering the script on some scrolls they found before I showed up, we managed to figure out (after almost no time at all) that they were scrolls of identify. Neras used one of the scrolls to identify the piece of rock-like armor, and it comes with some hefty bonuses while touching ground.

Also, we decided that during next session we're continuing through the tunnels as opposed to wandering around looking for civilization. Mostly because the tunnels exist, right here, and presumably lead to something, whereas "the town" does not.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2009, 12:22:55 am »

The lack of a town doesn't seem to be slowing Deadris down at all.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2009, 02:57:12 am »

we could always send him on a "scouting mission" to find a town.im sure he will find one.some day.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2009, 04:01:37 am »

we could always send him on a "scouting mission" to find a town.im sure he will find one.some day.
If he does, he won't be in any position to tell you guys about it.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2009, 05:53:44 am »

I'll be too busy raping and plundering. Also, about my level-up... I'm kind of sucking at it. I've added all the bonuses, but I don't know what to do about: Feats, HP, Skills. What do I do for these? I know I get a bonus Fighter Feat, but what about other feats? Also, how are skills leveled up? Finally, what are my HP dice?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2009, 06:43:17 am »

*Gargling noise in the back of the throat*

For hit dice, go look at the SRD (It's a D10). Same with skills; the SRD will tell you how many skill points per level you get (for Fighters i think its 2 + Int modifier, minimum 1.)

For feats, by default characters get 1 feat every 3 levels. You get a feat at 1st level, then a feat at 3rd level, then at 6th level, 9th, 12th and so on.

As you're a Fighter, your class feature grants you a Fighter Bonus Feat at first level, and then at every even numbered level after that.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2009, 10:36:52 am »

You also need to check your increase to base attack bonus, and saves.

At least you GET a base attack bonus... I pretty much don't... my weapon bonus is gonna be weapon finesse, starting at lvl 3 =p

EDIT: also, would it be possible for the GM to roll my hp for when I hit level 2 early? I was thinking of planning out my level up ahead of time, so that when I hit 1000 exp I can just suddenly be stronger, instead of having to wait an extra session. The hit die for a rogue is a d6.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:34:13 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2009, 02:02:42 pm »

well,my business trip is happening faster than i thought,im going to be gone for a long time,atleast a couple months.i won't have internet where i'm going,so goodbye all,it was fun.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2009, 02:57:35 pm »

I used the site mentioned on the first post, it isn't perfect but does generate most statistics automatically. Humans get an extra Skill point per level, so if you have 10 intelligence you will get 3 skill points. The site will generate HP for you, and tell you if you have too many skill points, but bear in mind that you should keep the skill points you had at 1st level. Fighters get a feat at their second fighter level, so you get a feat from the fighter list but no others.

Just trust the site, it should stop you from doing anything too bad...
Read the First Post!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am now level two. By the way we should probably send Ragnar out on the scouting mission since he's going to be away and all.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:12:55 pm by Jervous »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2009, 04:53:56 pm »

Great to see that you're leveled now. Though, Illusionist... Hmm, I'd like to see my Necromancer battle yours when he levels. It'd be interesting to see us pounding each other with Magic Missile while my hawk eats your toad :D

But in all seriousness, my character is now officially the party tank. Level 2, 19 HP, wearing full plate to bring me up to 21 AC, and I chose Weapon Focus for my Greatsword, effectively giving me an attack bonus of either +5 or +6, I forget which. Oh, and once I find some crossbow bolts I'll have a ranged attack. Fear me, mortals.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2009, 04:56:28 pm »

I was going to pick the hawk, but I needed the HP bonus :P

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 26, 2009, 06:26:00 pm »

Sooo... does anyone have a suggestion for if I should take my second level as a rogue or a wizard? I can't decide... if I take wizard now, I get two spell levels worth of spell availability (0 and 1), but lvl 2 rogues get evasion... And if I take wizard, I'll unlock a bunch of skills as being my class skills, but I'll only get d4 instead of d6 hp... and with wizard I'd start my character development roleplaying earlier...

Okay I've decided myself now, I'll take wizard for level 2  :P GM, I don't suppose you could throw a d4 for my hp sometime between now and friday, and I'll just plan out my level up ahead of time?

EDIT: okay some noobish questions about multiclassing...
1) When you take the first level in your new class, do you get the number of skill points for a character at first level (usually 4x as many)?
2) I think I read that if you're multiclassing , the class skills from your previous class count as class skills (as opposed to cross-class) when allocating skill points in the new class?
3) The SRD mentions something about an experience penalty when multiclassing, but I can't find where it goes into detail about that. Elves don't take the exp penalty when multiclassing to wizard (convenient  ;D)), but will I take some kind of penalty when I start taking Arcane Trickster?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:46:37 pm by shoruke »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 177