Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88403 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 11:21:05 pm »

Looking good, just a note: Combat Reflexes allows you to make additional AoO's per round equal to your Dex modifier. As you have a Dex modifier of -1 this feat is not going to be of any use whatsoever to you.

Sundays at 20:00 GMT seem to work for everyone, so i plan to start on the 18th. Odds are we'll spend the first session bumming around trying to get everyone to connect and soforth, but you never know, first time for everything.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 11:23:12 pm »

Sundays at 20:00 GMT seem to work for everyone, so i plan to start on the 18th. Odds are we'll spend the first session bumming around trying to get everyone to connect and soforth, but you never know, first time for everything.

Turns out I cannot make this so yeah, I won't play.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:17 pm »

Yeah, i noticed your previous note.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:10 pm »

cool,the 18th works for me.I'll spend the time till then learning the rules and what not.any day works for me really,i got a good portion of this week off ;D  as far as gearing and all that goes,whatever works for everyone else works for me.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 02:48:55 am »

I put together a character...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 02:56:45 am »

Looks good, i don't see any immediate errors.

Looks like we're going with unserious game, good, they tend to be more fun, and i won't have to rewrite a huge chunk of this campaign.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 09:11:18 am »

All right, here's my sheet:

Spoiler: Deadris (click to show/hide)

My time zone is GMT -5. When were we planning to have a session?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 09:19:52 am »

Hmmm, we could use a neutral Evil Mystic Theurge to balance out the party...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 09:23:02 am »

for you cj1145,it would be 3pm on sunday that we would be starting.of course,its a few days from now,things might change.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 09:23:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How's this? Also, we spend the gold we get on the equipment we chose here right? If so, then I spent 4 copper pieces, 31 silver pieces and 63 gold pieces
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:18:03 pm by Jervous »

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »

i'm basing cost off of the website you linked us,why do most weapons only cost like 4 or 5 gold but swords cost around 50-100?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (SUNDAY 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 08:08:29 pm »

If you mean 'Why do the Greatsword and Falchion cost so much compared to other Martial weapons?' The answer is 'Because they're statistically the best weapons in the game.'

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 08:20:43 pm »

The basic sword is only 15gp, the two-handed sword and falchion are expensive but they do have a high threat-range combined with high damage. The base prices aren't significant once you start adding magical bonuses and at level 1 a crit from either one will probably take out an enemy. I suspect that starting weapon prices have a bit more flavour and a bit less balance, but it seems to work well enough...
Read the First Post!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:50 pm »

Hmm. how complicated are Wizards? Just wondering, since I'm trying to make a character.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 09:27:27 pm »

If you mean 'Why do the Greatsword and Falchion cost so much compared to other Martial weapons?' The answer is 'Because they're statistically the best weapons in the game.'
yes,i didn't quite look all the way through before i made that statement.i guess i'm thinking still in real-life terms, where one piece of metal will kill ya just as good as another :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 177