Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88383 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:53 pm »

Servy Info

Port: 1802
Pass: dnd

We are switching to the '4e' Gametable for it's shiny feetures, like the Initiative Tracker, same infoes as before.

If you do not have the 4e Gametable Client, get it HERE

Note: We are NOT switching to 4e, we're just using the 4e Gametable version as it has a number of extra features that will come in handy.

So kinseti has run into Disasterous Quandaries due to something i don't remember, and i'm kind of bored and will have lots of spare time in about a week after i finish handing all my stuff in for this semester. I was plotting on starting some sort of Intertube PnP RPG, so i have elected to run a DnD 3.5 Gaem for the inhabitants of this forum, since there appears to be a sudden and unexpected demand.

We'll use either GameTable or MapTools, depending on which one works first, if everyone wants to use voice we can do that (i even has a Vent server we can borrow), otherwise we can just use textses.

For time zones i will be available from about 6am my time to about midnight my time. I'm in GMT +11, so that comes out to 19:00 GMT to to 13:00 GMT the next day. I do have a different game Sunday mornings, so those are out, but otherwise i'll be basically free by next week.

Another thing to decide on along with working out game time is game type: do you want to run a deep and epic story involving realistic people and kingdoms, or do you want to go find the nearest dungeon and beat up some goblins? I have hundreds of 3.5 modules at my command and an excellent mastery of the system, so there are few (if any) limitations.

Speak. Discuss. Talk. Interact, etc etc.

Oh, and ideally i'd want a 6 man party, but i'm willing to go as high as 8 if all the PC's are ok with it (more people means stuff takes longer.)

THE PLAYAS!

Peoples

THA RUELS

THA RUELS ARE CHANEGD!

I reccommend making extensive use of The D20 SRD when building a character, as it is an invaluable resource. If you have questions, feel free to ask me.

Spoiler: ROEULS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:54:08 pm by Neruz »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:09:11 pm »

I'd like to join. GMT +11 Here.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:34 pm »

GMT -3 Here, same info as the other thread (still up for the other thread if it somehow lifts off again).
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 11:20:32 pm »

I might be interested in joining if not for my lack of experience. If the game was newbie friendly I would join, but wouldn't want to hamper people's enjoyment because I'm a complete newbie.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 12:05:55 am »

You'd be in luck; i'm one of the few DM's with sufficient knowledge of the 3.5 system to be confident in tweaking stuff and not horrendously paranoid of everything that looks like it might contain the possibility of being different from the norm.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 12:52:59 am »

So it'll be newbie friendly, or something like that?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 01:05:54 am »

i'd join if i wasnt already in ej's and my being around tending to cause time schedule issues

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 02:00:04 am »

I would like to sign up, GMT +10 here.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 02:05:13 am »

So it'll be newbie friendly, or something like that?

Yes. I will try and avoid killing players outright if possible and if doing so is an acceptable break from the game.

I tend to run less lethal 3.5 games too; traps in my games are usually in addition to combat and provide nasty debuffs and potential tactical ramifications, instead of being "Roll a 10 or die rite now." I also have enough System-Fu to alter monsters to be appropriate challenges rather than just looking at the CR and hoping it's not lying to me this time.

That's not to say you won't die however, but rather that death is based more on lack of skill rather than random chance, and i tend to have a fairly low dick quotent.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 02:14:09 am »

Yeah, I kind of lack skill and hate death, but sometimes you just have to put up with what you've got, or build something that is only valuable due to being nigh invulnerable...

I vote for epic story, possibly with some room to pursue our own goals if someone suddenly decides that they desperately want some magical gizmo or other...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 02:47:51 am »

Death is pretty cheap in DnD, even if you don't have somone who can cast the appropriate raise spell you can usually find a Temple somewhere that is willing to do it for the appropriate cost and\or quest.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 07:47:00 am »

I'd join up but..

-4 GMT.

Do you think that'd be alright? I usually get up at like 9 o clock my time on weekends and I have to go to work to about 4 or 5 on weekdays..

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 07:06:23 pm »

Looks like we've got some +11's, a +10, a -3 and a -4. Which would probably mean that morning games for me (20:00 GMT or a bit later start) would probably work best.

Lets work out a time; everyone post the times and days you're available (in either GMT or your local time, just make it clear what you're doing it in.)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 07:18:13 pm »

Anytime next Friday and Sunday, usually available all weekends. After next week I'll only be available after 2AM GMT on weekdays. If my work schedules me on a day I can't make it, I'll tell you.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 07:29:04 pm »

I'm In GMT -8, and I'm avalible weekends normally all day, with monday and Wensday being my other two options, from 4 to about nine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 177