Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88457 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2415 on: April 20, 2010, 09:09:13 pm »

How do you have 10 ranks in a Knowledge skill at level 1?
I have 1 rank in all knowledge skill, including psionics, but seeing as they all have the same bonus I used the top knowledge to show my bonus and the second knowledge to record how many skill points I have spent on knowledges, so that the tally at the bottom is accurate.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:28 am »

And while I am here, nobody answered previously, are any of the strong thug types willing to carry an Evil ray gun?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:24 am »

Hmm, if the ECL is only usable for racial generation but not levels, I guess I could go for the Celestial Creature template... I'd have resist energy 5 against all elements but sound, plus smite evil, plus some really lame spell resistance...

EDIT: And, if I'm interpreting it correctly, when I hit level 4, this template would give me DR 5/magic. Oh, and here's a link.
err I think that template might be meant for animals rather than players but if its what you want go for it.
And due to know the text is arranged in the crystalkeep pdfs I didn't notice the spell resistance at all, I suppose thats a good one then.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 21, 2010, 11:18:01 am »

And while I am here, nobody answered previously, are any of the strong thug types willing to carry an Evil ray gun?

Evil ray gun?

Also, Rogue, you're going to love me. I'll be able to, at second level, make myself and one adjacent ally count as flanking whoever they're next to.

Example:

Code: [Select]
++++++++
+XXXXX++
+XMMYX++
+XMMXX++
+XXXX+++

'M's are me, Y is you. The Xs are what we'd flank. So you could get sneak attacks in a one tile wide corridor
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:14 pm »

Are we able to use the homebrew stuff from the Wiki?

link
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 21, 2010, 05:33:55 pm »

Okay, so I'm trying to find a good TAAAAANNK class legally, and not doing that well. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 21, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »

Depends. Crusader(Tome of Battle)//Adept will give you minor cleric spells, and some of the Crusaders Maneuvers will give you DR/TempHP. And Crusaders have something called a delayed damage pool, they can shunt some of the damage they take every turn into it, negating it for a while.

Otherwise, Barbarian//Expert would give you many many skill points, even if you have an negative Int modifier.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 21, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

I'm looking into that crusader//adept you mentioned, but I found a homebrew class that may or may not work.

Even if it doesn't, for your entertainment I give you this.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:36 pm »

Akigagak, how is it you'll take up four tiles?

Anyway, here's a character I made. I still need to apply a template, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 22, 2010, 12:19:51 am »

Shouldn't Eafoth have 8 hp?

base 8 (max dice) +2 (con modifier) -1 (skinny) -1 (frail) = 8
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:09 am »

Evil ray gun?
Well, I'm an Evil ray, that can shoot stuff, I just need to get around the whole 'aquatic' thing...

Okay, so I'm trying to find a good TAAAAANNK class legally, and not doing that well. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?
Multiclassing is fairly good, if you put together some priorities, such as AC, ab, damage, tripping, grappling, HP, saves, or whatever, I could try to put together a build for you, I ma not the greatest builder in the world, but at least it would give you something as a comparison...
Read the First Post!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 22, 2010, 01:55:56 am »

Akigagak, how is it you'll take up four tiles?

Ma template makes me big and strong.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 22, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »

I'll have a sheet up later on, I think I am going to go incarnate for skill monkey likeness, gotta look through the soulmelds again though before choosing race...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 22, 2010, 02:31:32 pm »

I'll see if I can't find out how to get the char genner to get me the templates I'd like.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 22, 2010, 02:33:04 pm »

Erm..should I wait for Neruz to comfirm everything before I make a sheet or..x-x
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 177