Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88452 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2400 on: April 19, 2010, 04:01:23 pm »

IIRC, RAM missed some stuff.

What was mostly confirmed:

Free ECL of +3.

Max of two Flaws.

Max of two Traits.

Partial, Teir-Based, Gestalt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

30 Point Buy.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:21 pm »

So does the "Free ECL of +3" mean we start at level 3, or level 4, or does it only work for buying off LA?

And how do Prestige Classes work with partial gestalt?

EDIT: I probably won't end up going with the name Sayush, but here's my level 3 rog/war/fit/swsh partial gestalt dude. (we ARE basically starting at level 3, yes?)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:14:27 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 19, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »

ECL is Racial HD + Level Adjustment + Template (HD+LA).

So: Human (HD1) + LA (0 for humans) + Half Vampire template (+2 LA) = ECL 3

So, you could get an ECL 3 race (Dark Elves, Drow, Gnolls, Lizardfolk), and ECL 2 race (Dromites, Grey Dwarves/Duergar, Blue Goblins, Half-Giants, Hobgoblins, Planetouched—Aasimars, Planetouched—Tieflings) with a +1 LA Template (Half-Minotaur Hobgoblin, for example). Or you can use any of the standard race, plus quite a few others, with a +2 or +1 LA template. At least, I think we agreed on a limit of one template.

List of Races. ECL is at the bottom.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 19, 2010, 05:28:20 pm »

ECL is Racial HD + Level Adjustment + Template (HD+LA).

So: Human (HD1) + LA (0 for humans) + Half Vampire template (+2 LA) = ECL 3

So, you could get an ECL 3 race (Dark Elves, Drow, Gnolls, Lizardfolk), and ECL 2 race (Dromites, Grey Dwarves/Duergar, Blue Goblins, Half-Giants, Hobgoblins, Planetouched—Aasimars, Planetouched—Tieflings) with a +1 LA Template (Half-Minotaur Hobgoblin, for example). Or you can use any of the standard race, plus quite a few others, with a +2 or +1 LA template. At least, I think we agreed on a limit of one template.

List of Races. ECL is at the bottom.

Okay, but are we able to put our ECL into character levels instead of templates and such? Like, could I start as a level 3 human wizard with no template?

Also, can I mix Deft Strike and Quick Reconnoiter? Deft Strike says you make a spot check as a standard action and then do the attack part next turn, and Quick Reconnoiter lets you make 1 listen and 1 spot check as a free action per round. Can I mix them to use Deft Strike every round? (huge-ass list of feats)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 19, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »

Oh, erm, I should have mentioned this earlier, Neruz was muted for a couple of days. And nothing is confirmed until the DM shows up...

I think that the intention was to let people have some interesting race options, I don't 'think' that we can take more than 1 class level, but I suspect that the LAs might not damage xp much...

Oh, do we want to have that thing where you can buy off your LA? If the Starting ECL is free then do we pay any xp for it anyway?

Nothing is certain at this point, My vote is for 28 point buy...

Oh, did we decide to average our HP rolls? I used to use a system of half max roll +1, so for barbarians it would be 12/2+1=7 Wizards would get 3...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:41:01 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 19, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

The point in deciding free ECL was for that, free. I'm pretty certain we will be starting at level one but for those that wanted to aquire a race or template that requires LA to use then we can get it for free.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 19, 2010, 10:46:18 pm »

I'll be playing a sneaky folk when I get back to playing. Until then, good luck in the 'urban' setting!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 19, 2010, 11:58:59 pm »

I believe that the technical term is 'target rich environment'...

Oh, another thing, how about changing character choices at later levels?
 Cleave not so good now that you have half a dozen attacks normally? Swap it for imporved initiative so you get your half-a-dozen attacks before the large character with the spiked chain.
 Taking search cross-class just doesn't find anything anymore? Trade it in for profession sailor now that you know that the only way to the temple of magma fun is to take a boat.
 Discover that you need power attack but only have 12 strength? Swap out some of that wisdom that you never use...

You may only exchange when gaining a level.
You may not exchange anything that is a prerequisite for anything else you have.
You may not exchange anything that you acquired or increased in the previous 3 levels.
You may not exchange anything that was given to you by the DM.

Feats: When you level up, you may exchange one feat for another, you may only have done so once for every 2 feats you possess.
Skills: You may reduce your points spent in one skill(to a minimum of 1 rank) to raise them in another by the same amount. You may only move a number of skill points equal to half the number of skill points you gain at the current level. When levelling, you may move one skill point for every 2 skill points(or part there of) you gain. You may not reduce a skill in this way if it would mean that you no longer have any ranks in it.
Attributes: Every 4 levels you gain 2 special points, you may spend these at any level up to change your original attribute point allocation by an amount equal to the number of points you spent.

Also, unlimited point buy?
 ...-8=-7 -4=-6 -2=-5 0=-4 2=-3 4=-2 6=-1 19=20 20=24 21=29 22=34 23=40 24=46...
Note that values below 3 make it impossible to perform most tasks associated with that attribute. Values below 1 result in total incapacitation.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 20, 2010, 12:22:54 am »

Player's handbook 2 has the rules for retraining. It's also listed someplace in this thread, but it'll be a long ways back and only mentioned in like 2 posts.

And if the +3ECL is only for racial stuff, I think I'm either gonna have to homebrew a new race, mod the Drow, or ask if I can put my ECL into a better gestalt system for 3 levels (namely, letting tier 4 character gestalt with a tier 5)

I believe that the technical term is 'target rich environment'
Please don't go there, CJ will take it to heart and start shouting challenges at the bartender where D&D cliche-ness dictates we start...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 20, 2010, 12:38:15 am »

I am sorely tempted to look into the possibility of being a tiny vampire fairy...

P.S.
 Have a first attempt at a character, still need to pick my powers, any suggestions?
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=201654
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:04:32 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:21 pm »

How do you have 10 ranks in a Knowledge skill at level 1?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 20, 2010, 01:49:17 pm »

I think that's supposed to be his power points. I'm not sure, though.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 20, 2010, 03:35:12 pm »

Hrrm. I'm going to be looking up a +1 template to add to my assimar, which seems like a good choice for cleric.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 20, 2010, 03:39:54 pm »

There's Fire-Souled, which gives +4 Cha, makes you immune to stunning and dazed effects, and gives you the 'fire' subtype, an ally-boosting aura, the ability to strip a creatures special ability, and Haste as a spell-like ability.

It also gives you the Leadership feat for free.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:48 pm »

Hmm, if the ECL is only usable for racial generation but not levels, I guess I could go for the Celestial Creature template... I'd have resist energy 5 against all elements but sound, plus smite evil, plus some really lame spell resistance...

EDIT: And, if I'm interpreting it correctly, when I hit level 4, this template would give me DR 5/magic. Oh, and here's a link.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:17:18 pm by shoruke »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 177