Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88487 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2355 on: April 16, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »

I keep not getting how Daylight Savings or whatever has affected our DM, if it has at all. Is the game in 2 minutes or 62?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 16, 2010, 03:01:46 pm »

-1, supposedly.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 16, 2010, 04:06:49 pm »

Server is doing the macarina at 59.101.251.137

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »

I'll be putting my playing on hold until mid May. I have life to do.

I'll still watch sessions when I can though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 16, 2010, 10:41:15 pm »

Is it just me, or is this game going into death spasms?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:01 pm »

Hmm mayhaps... I can only hope that when I get a job it doesn't interfere with this.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:21 pm »

Might have something to do with the

"here's a swamp
the frogs hate you, and will kill you if you approach them
go figure out what to do on your own, because 'swamp' and 'frogs' are your only hints"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 16, 2010, 10:52:16 pm »

Hey, how about you fight your way into the cave and retrieve the mechanical thingy that's mentioned in the Wizard's notes and i was careful to point out and even move the cave into a new position because you missed it the first time.

No, you'd rather be happy friends with the crimes against nature that are actively trying to kill the entire forest. Thas cool.

I thought you guys liked the idea of the West Marches style game, but if you want to go back to ye olde linear storyline i'm fine with that, i can run you down the Scales of War adventure path.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:36 pm »

Naaaa, I am just never sure if they are crimes against nature or noble savages. It gets confusing when you have killed them in the course of exchanging introductions...

But now that I see that the swamp is ending I know that the cave is near the centre, which is where I was going all along...

But until we have a bit of a map sketched out we we won't really have much idea of what our options are, but I am happy just picking a direction and trying to fill in the map...

Yay, level 2, I found out that my feat was lame, but I added a new one just like it... Are there any prerequisite feats in 4e?
Ummm, I can now roll up to 38 initiative for the whole party, but only once per extended rest, which is about average for the party since forever(who remembers all that resting in the temple with the lasers?)...
 Speaking of which, do we get to choose whether or not to use the result of that initiative power after we see our normal initiative rolls?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 16, 2010, 11:22:44 pm »

Some feats require prereqs; Two-Weapon Defense needs Two Weapon Fighting for example.

The Trigger is 'you roll Initiative', so you use the power after rolling Initiative.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 16, 2010, 11:59:26 pm »

Hrrm. Its always a balancing act it seems. One, its awesome to have the freedom to do what you want. But also, its nice to have an idea of where you need to go, and what you need to do. And therein lies the problem.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:50 am »

Hmmm, reincarnation is dull, and I am probably turning into a monster when I die anyway, so who wants to try for lichdom?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 17, 2010, 03:46:42 am »

Hmmm, reincarnation is dull, and I am probably turning into a monster when I die anyway, so who wants to try for lichdom?

For good people, there's an Epic Path called Archlich, basically normal Liches start showing up in Paragon tier, but those Liches had to sell their souls to Orcus to get the upgrade, by waiting until Epic tier, you learn how to transform yourself into a Lich and preserve your mind, thus avoiding the nasty insanity side-effect, keeping your soul and right royally pissing Orcus off no end.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 17, 2010, 04:36:11 am »

Might have something to do with the

"here's a swamp
the frogs hate you, and will kill you if you approach them
go figure out what to do on your own, because 'swamp' and 'frogs' are your only hints"
Remember, it's Barb's fault the frogs are attacking us in the first place, not Nerzu's. And really, none of you tried to stop him?

Is it just me, or is this game going into death spasms?

Maybe if it started on schedule instead of an hour late, things might be better..
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 17, 2010, 04:49:45 am »

Monster1: Get off of my lawn you filthy, ignorant, savages!*Shoots into the air*
PC1: Just let us into your house with all of your lovely shinies and I am sure you will come to appreciate our charms.*grins arrogantly*
PC2: Heh, you all saw it, they fired first!*Draws*
DM6: Roll initiative.
PC2: I win! *shoots*
Monster1:*splat*
Monster2:Billy-bob? Billy-bob? Ma, Pa, them critters killed Billy-bob! Yous critters is gunna die for this!

We tried to stop them, I tried to stop the teleportation incident in the previous game, but we are not exactly a party that relies upon a consensus to determine our actions...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 177