Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88492 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2340 on: April 09, 2010, 02:40:09 pm »

I won't be here for another hour or so, but just making sure the thread is not buried.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 09, 2010, 03:58:30 pm »

zzzzzzzzz
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 09, 2010, 04:55:16 pm »

Server is flying around on 59.101.183.89

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 10, 2010, 12:43:03 am »

I'd like to get a description of what my rituals do: Dowsing Rod, Explorer's Fire, Traveler's Camouflage, Make Whole. Sure, they seem relatively straight-forward, but I'd like to know if there's some silly rule about Dowsing Rod only finding distilled water or Make Whole only working on clay pots that were made by black men who stand over 6'4'' tall and wear bones in their noses.

Because apparently the DM is allowed to zone out when we're camping, but I'm not, and further, because I'm new I'm supposed to have read the book MORE. (whoever said that last bit to me should feel me glaring at them through the internet right now. I had Shaw Cable prepare a standard action to send my gaze through the internet when you read this, just for you.)

And my power card for Winged Horde says "Intelligence vs. Will"; how was I supposed to be able to reference that and go "okay it does 1d6 to all in range"?

</bitch></rant></complain></pedantic><chill><sleep>
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 10, 2010, 01:00:29 am »

Server is flying around on 59.101.183.89
The server disappeared from screens sometime around noon and has failed to reappear, we fear the worst...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 10, 2010, 01:44:04 am »

I'd like to get a description of what my rituals do: Dowsing Rod, Explorer's Fire, Traveler's Camouflage, Make Whole. Sure, they seem relatively straight-forward, but I'd like to know if there's some silly rule about Dowsing Rod only finding distilled water or Make Whole only working on clay pots that were made by black men who stand over 6'4'' tall and wear bones in their noses.
DOWSING ROD
You find a gnarled branch, and it turns as you hold it, pointing the way to a natural feature.
Level: 1
Component Cost: 10 gp
Category: Divination
Market Price: 50 gp
Time: 1 minute Key Skill: Nature (no check) Duration: 12 hours or until discharged You transform a stick or other natural object into a dows­ing rod. When you do so, name a natural feature of the environment. such as mountains, rivers, forests, or caves. The whening rod points the way to the nearest place that fits the description. You can't name a specific place, such as Mount Baneflame, and the rod can't find magically concealed locations. When you reach the destination, the ritual is discharged.

Make Whole.
As you finish the ritual, the oaken door stands whole and unblemished as if Orten the Rager hadn’t just burst through it with murder in his eyes. It’s the least you can do after using the inn to ambush the infamous barbarian.
Category: Exploration
Time: 10 minutes
Duration: Permanent
Component Cost: Special
Key Skill: Arcana (no check) A single object that can fit in a 10-foot cube is completely repaired. The component cost is 20 percent of the item’s cost. In cases where you attempt to repair an item not on any price list, the DM determines the cost.

TRAVELER'S CAMOUFLAGE
You and your allies take on the textures and colors of the world around you.
Component Cost: 10 gp
Category: Deception
Time: 10 minutes
Key Skill: Nature
Duration: 10 hours
You cloak yourself and any allies present for the ritual in a camouflaging shroud. The subjects of this ritual gain a bonus to Stealth checks while traveling, and other crea­tures take a penalty when using Perception to find your tracks.
Your Nature check determines the bonus you and your allies gain and the penalty others take.
Code: [Select]
Nature Check    Bonus         Penalty
Result          to Stealth    to Find Tracks
19 or lower     +2            -2
20-29           +5            -5
30 or higher    +10           -10
This camouflage protects you and your allies as you travel, but not during battle. Any subject who rolls initiative or makes an attack roll loses the benefit of this ritual until the end of the encounter. If a subject is hidden when he or she makes an attack, that subject loses the bonus before making the attack roll, which could cause him or her to lose the benefit of being hidden for that attack.

Because apparently the DM is allowed to zone out when we're camping, but I'm not, and further, because I'm new I'm supposed to have read the book MORE. (whoever said that last bit to me should feel me glaring at them through the internet right now. I had Shaw Cable prepare a standard action to send my gaze through the internet when you read this, just for you.)
Yes, because expecting people playing a game that's heavy on rules to actually know those rules is asking too much.
And, obviously, that goes double for them knowing the features of their class.

And my power card for Winged Horde says "Intelligence vs. Will"; how was I supposed to be able to reference that and go "okay it does 1d6 to all in range"?
Using your power card, perhaps? Or putting (vs Will) in the name of the dice macro?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 10, 2010, 01:49:51 am »

Game ended. We chatted for a bit and called it a night.

shoruke, i just realised that your power card for Winged Horde is broken cause it was broken in the character builder (which was recently patched). I've redone your pdf here.

(I'm seriously beginning to wonder if it might be easier to switch back to 3.5 simply because noone seems to have any of the 4e books)

Spoiler: Rituals (click to show/hide)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 11, 2010, 12:53:31 am »

My apologies to everyone, but i'm going to have to cancel sunday's game this week. I need to see my GP to get an indefinite referral, as apparantly they only last 12 months by default.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 11, 2010, 10:47:40 am »

Alrighty, I guess that works for me since I've got a rough draft to write up...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 11, 2010, 12:21:47 pm »

Works for me, I had to do some Spring Cleaning.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 11, 2010, 06:48:31 pm »

S'pose I might as well do some work on Cinnamon Rolls, then.

(the perceptive among you may have noticed, before reading this, that I had already started working on Cinnamon Rolls when I posted this)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 15, 2010, 03:37:44 pm »

So, gaem tomorrow correct?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »

yawp.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 15, 2010, 07:49:45 pm »

Hooray!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 16, 2010, 09:12:18 am »

Will be two hours late roughly.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 177