Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88543 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2190 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »

It is sad to hear about your grandfather, you have my sympathies and I wish you luck with the aftermath.

I would double check that you can get a full attack on a flying charge, it just sounds like one of these things that may have slightly different wording...
And flyby may not count as a flying charge, just some things to go over closely...
Well with pounce I can get a full attack instead of only 1 attack when charging, flyby attack I think can apply here as well though I'll take that feat down the road.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 27, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »

You might want to check the availability of templates with Neruz. It's a nice concept though. Flying mind-controlling dudes are always fun.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 27, 2010, 09:07:01 pm »

Um its not for this game, I was just commenting on how it might get even more out of hand than when I had a Thri-Kreen character here before. Unfortunatly balancing a Kreen for 4e has met with failure each time apparently.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 27, 2010, 09:47:05 pm »

Oh.

Well, I've been making my macros and looking up 4e rules, and I'm totally ready to kick ass and chew bubble gum*

(*And I'm all out of Orcs!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:58 pm »

Oh.

Well, I've been making my macros and looking up 4e rules, and I'm totally ready to kick ass and chew bubble gum*

Ah yes, I can't wait to see what your guy makes of a half orc. Makes changing to female a tempting thought.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 27, 2010, 10:04:53 pm »

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of ass! *chews bubble gum*
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »

Oh.

Ah yes, I can't wait to see what your guy makes of a half orc. Makes changing to female a tempting thought.
Changing the shape of your fleshiness won't stop a genderless warforged from smashing orks.  ::)

Hopefully you can convince Rangaroc that you're more human than orc, or much trouble may occur.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:22 pm »

Um its not for this game, I was just commenting on how it might get even more out of hand than when I had a Thri-Kreen character here before. Unfortunatly balancing a Kreen for 4e has met with failure each time apparently.

This is a pretty decent go at Thri-Kreen in 4e.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:36 pm »

Oh.

Changing the shape of your fleshiness won't stop a genderless warforged from smashing orks.  ::)

Hopefully you can convince Rangaroc that you're more human than orc, or much trouble may occur.
More for pity factor?

And for that version... well it kinda invalidates having the second set of arms almost though. Then again I haven't played yet so can't really say for sure.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 27, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »

There's just flat out no way to balance having 4 completely functional arms. Having the extra 2 arms be able to do non-combat minor actions can be handy for certain classes (like Artificers) as it lets you do things like swap weapons and impliments and pull out potions or alchemical items without having to drop what you're carrying, and that's about the best you're going to get in 4e.

To be perfectly honest; Thri-Kreen were pretty OP in 3.5 as well, the only reason they weren't an issue is because Tier 1 and 2 casters were more OP.

Also i'm going to make some changes to the map and stuff to make things easier for meh.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:17 pm »

More for pity factor?
Now I'm confused.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 28, 2010, 02:44:30 am »

You guys are lucky; i've just gone back through all the stuff my DnD Insider subscription gives me, handy-dandy things like The Compendium, Adventure Tools and nearly a gigabyte of .pdfs with adventures, settings and monsters.

*Glee*

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 28, 2010, 07:04:31 am »

Last night I just had my first IRL DND game, 4th edition, first time the guy has dm'd.

we walked into a tavern, there was 5 people in the bar, an old man, the barkeep, a teen couple making out at a table, and a mysterious stranger in the corner.

I proceeded to steal the girlfriend while my friend keith intimidated the boyfriend, and my friend derek used a stealth check to do dirty things to the boy, and succeeded in going unnoticed.

The stranger in the corner saw this, lurched up and called two minions, the old man and the barkeep.

As a minotaur, I have the ability to charge with my horns, so I proceeded to ramming the barkeep then wearing him as a helmet I began throwing furniture infront of the door so noone could escape.

after we wiped the tavern out, I moved -everything- from the bar into the wagon, chairs, tables, dead bodies, my new girlfriend, the glass sheets from the windows, and of course, all the booze.

we ended up selling the bodies to a necromancer for 100g each, except for the old man whos body crumbled while trying to put in the wagon.
I ended up selling my still live girl as "necro sushi" slaughtering her on the spot for 140g

we deviated so quickly away from the main quest, we never even left the town.  :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 28, 2010, 07:29:21 am »

I feel for your poor DM.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 28, 2010, 08:47:17 am »

I was just thinking that is sounds like a great DM, if you could do all that and walk away from it thinking you had played through a session, if it really is their first time...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 177