Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88565 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2130 on: March 24, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

Hmm well then, tommarrow I'll look at the distribution of classes we have then make a character according to that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 24, 2010, 11:23:35 pm »

The thing is that with multiple attacks from BAB and haste gone, sacrificing your full attack for a charge is no longer a big deal...

And the octopus thing is mostly for druids...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 24, 2010, 11:26:09 pm »

lol. Well, just think physical. Though while the feats are interesting, I still think it makes magic impossible. Though I could see the want of them, what with no way to revive people now.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 24, 2010, 11:34:02 pm »

Well, magic isn't impossible if we do it in groups.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »

Here's me taking another crack at homebrewing. Submitted for DM's approval...

Spoiler: new skill tricks (click to show/hide)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 25, 2010, 12:18:03 am »

If I make my archer I might try to squeeze some sorcerer levels into them...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 25, 2010, 01:24:29 am »

The thing is that with multiple attacks from BAB and haste gone, sacrificing your full attack for a charge is no longer a big deal...

Good; it shouldn't be.

Haste and Hastelike effects will still grant you extra attacks, you just don't get the iterative attacks at bonuses or penalties.

lol. Well, just think physical. Though while the feats are interesting, I still think it makes magic impossible. Though I could see the want of them, what with no way to revive people now.

That's why the Death Flag is in the game.

Also, Moar:

Everything has Weak Points
Whether you are plant or golem, construct or undead, you have weak points. They might be different weak points from other creatures, but they're still there.
As such, Sneak Attack and Critical Hits are no longer resisted by entire types of creatures. Certain specific creatures may have Critical Hit\Sneak Attack immunity, but you don't gain immunity by virtue of just being a Zombie.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 25, 2010, 08:10:36 am »

I figure that my weak points are my joints.

Anyhow, this character will be (hopefully) more balanced than Sinistar, yet still good enough to play as.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 25, 2010, 08:24:29 am »

I'll be taking a more liberal approach to monster design this time around; with high level magic eliminated from combat i won't need to worry so much about countering it, which will make monsters much quicker to design. With the changes i've made to the system CR is now completely and utterly useless (even less so than before!) so i'll be making monsters up anyway.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 25, 2010, 09:19:31 am »

Needs some work to convert it into this campaign, maybe I should have used the 4e generator... The character is pretty ineffective, but hopefully it will be good for a little extra damage and maybe a spot of healing now and again...

Can I have a suit of armour from my character background? I haven't worked it all out but my gear costs must be close to 100gp...
Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:24 am »

Did ya take a look at those skill tricks, Neruz?

Also, tomorrow should be the last game that I will be late for, apparently physics labs are pretty much done as of 33 hours from now.

EDIT: holy shit, it really will be the last one I'm late for. All of my finals conveniently avoid Fridays and Sundays. Although, I may be distracted on the Apr. 23 game, due to studying for Poly Sci and Comp Sci.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:50:47 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 25, 2010, 11:40:38 am »

There was still one thing not considered, but certain to happen in a world with low magic.
Technology.
Because it's easier than magic, and any high technology is about the same as magic so I propose:

Skill:
Mechanic (Int)
Trained only.
Class skill for rogues, bards, wizards, sorcerers, and gnaomes can treat it as such.

Make a check every day to convert specific parts into a mechanism contraption, you can't craft things that require more skill ranks than you have. Each item needs a different amount of time, so make a check every day. If a check is failed even once, all components and money are lost.

Specific parts:
Energy holder cell 2000gp
Long metal rod 5gp
Gears 350 gp
Spring 50gp
Glass container 500gp
Iron ball 1sp
Little hammer 3sp
Explosive powder (Barrel) 10 000gp

Things you can make:
Rifle (Long metal rod + gears + little hammer)
Mechanics DC 30
Work time 10 days.

Rifle ammunition (40) (Iron balls (40) + Explosive powder (pouch))
Mechanics DC 20
Work time 2 hours
A failed check deals 1d12 fire damage.

How do you like that? Expand on the idea?
While it's magic-like (the possibility for a light bulb, or a tazer are there)
It's very weaker and costly. A warrior would still kill someone relying on mechanics. I would like to see mad gnome mechanics. Please?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 25, 2010, 02:17:06 pm »

So I went with a a Paladin, and I'd like to give up spellcasting for something else. However I have no idea what.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:39 pm »

The CrystalKeep page on base classes has some variants... here.

(also still waiting for approval/rejection of my homebrews, but I suppose it is like 4AM for the DM right now...)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 25, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »

So I went with a a Paladin, and I'd like to give up spellcasting for something else. However I have no idea what.

Quote from: Complete Warrior, Non-magic Paladin Variant
This variant paladin gains all the normal class features of the paladin, with the following changes and additions:
Spells:The paladin does not gain the ability to cast divine spells.
Blessed Weapon (Su): Any melee weapon wielded by a paladin of 6th level or higher is treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Divine Might (Su): At 11th level and higher, the paladin can use a standard action to add a +4 bonus to his/her Strength, Wisdom or Charisma score. This ability may be used only once per day, and it's effects lasts for 1 minute per class level.
Tend to mount (Su): A paladin of 13th level or higher who uses his/her lay on hands ability to heal his/her mount creature cures 5 points of damage per point of healing spent. In addition, the paladin may use his/her lay on hands ability to end any one of the following adverse conditions affecting her mount, at the cost of 5 points of healing per condition unless otherwise noted: Ability damage (costs 1 point per ability point restored) blinded, confused, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, sickened, stunned, or poisoned.
The Paladin can remove advers conditions at the same time he/she heals damage, but any points of healing spent to end advers conditions don't also cure hit point damage.
They get a spell-like ability at level 16, but such things don't exist in this world, so that's detect evil, special mount, and remove disease gorn as well. And gods don't provide power anymore, so I don't know what Neruz will do to lay on hands and the other paladin bonuses.

This basically makes them fighters without the extra feats.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 177