Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88722 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1905 on: March 18, 2010, 02:42:41 pm »

<generic public service announcement stating that I will, as always, be late for the friday game>

Also... Nernas, do you know Hold Person? Perhaps a version of it that works on several enemies at once? Or something else that denies them a reflex save.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 18, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

The talk about four handed characters got me thinking.
I thought: Crossbows
In two hands.
Repeating.
Repeating crossbows in two hands.
Repeating crossbows in FOUR hands.
Premium feats.
Greater multiple weapon fighting.
Magical repeating crossbows in four hands.
a feat that lets you reload without a spare hand
???
Profit!!!

This kind of character, with 4 crossbows could unleash 12 ranged attacks per turn. This is awesome. Now I would apply fighter to that, or a ranger (I can get enchant weapon and armor)

You do your four handed melee defender. I'll do that!

What do you think of this prestige class?:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125255

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 18, 2010, 03:15:01 pm »

There's a way to reload a crossbow using 0 hands? I think you'd have to borrow Nernas' old crossbow which shoots lightning, but we lost that. (wait, DID we lose that?)

If I had Craft Magic Arms/Armor, I could enchant lightning bolt or Arc of Lightning onto a crossbow... but I don't, so yeah.

Perhaps I could use Telekinesis and Craft Wondrous Item to make you an auto-reloader if Neruz says no to the Crossbow Slinger.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 18, 2010, 03:34:58 pm »

It's okay.
Only a proof of concept.
That crossbows, my favourite weapon don't suck.
Besides a wizard still has more ass kicking that a four armed crossbow gatling gun.
And, there is a spell in a sourcebook (mentioned in gitp forum thread) that lets the caster up to 10 free reloads.
Now an artificer, that can craft items like it's nothing, churning out magical bolts? I think it's enuff dakka!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 18, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

Here we go. This bastards of a Dark Elf is my new guy.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=192380
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:38 pm »

I'm guessing you just aren't done the sheet yet CJ?

Also, Rooster, you can never have enough dakka. EVAR! The exception is Tengen Toppa Gurren lagann, which had a cannon that shoots every point in the space-time continuum simultaneously.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 18, 2010, 04:11:17 pm »

I have hold person, but not mass. That's level 7.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 18, 2010, 05:12:26 pm »

JSUK, you using Hold Person basically lets me do up to... uh... *calculates*

Roughly 30d6 damage, as well as pushing them all over the place. Plus it'll hurt anyone in the way a whole bunch too.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 18, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »

Not following what this means.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 18, 2010, 06:42:43 pm »

Also, Rooster, you can never have enough dakka. EVAR! The exception is Tengen Toppa Gurren lagann, which had a cannon that shoots every point in the space-time continuum simultaneously.
I don't think you can have more dakka, unless in boots of haste and using time stop over and over  :P

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:43 pm »

Not following what this means.

-You didn't fill in your hit dice (we CAN just use your level, but for completeness' sake...)
-in your initiative, 5 = 1 (you need to put the +4 from improved init in misc.)
-All of your base saving throws are 0
-Your stuff (which I'm still under the impression none of us should have) is apprently massless, sizeless, does no damage, and cannot crit and your dex mod doesn't seem to apply to your crossbow, or your str mod to your staff
-assuming that by "Necromancer" you mean "specialized wizard", you don't have enough feats
-You've apparently got no in-class skills except knowledge... although you've taken advantage of this by putting ranks into knowledge(1), knowledge(2), knowledge(3), and knowledge(4)...
-You apparently do KNOW spells, but none of them have names, and you can't cast any of them on any given day

Think I got all of the weirdities...

I don't think you can have more dakka, unless in boots of haste and using time stop over and over  :P

Having moar dakka is easy.
Play a summoner. Or find some friends. Take leadership if you have to. Basically, find some warm bodies and give them crossbows.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:28:40 pm by shoruke »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32:48 pm »

And multiclass to a necromantic class, so that you can even give the cold bodies crossbows.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:00 pm »

Neruz I got clued into another version of Thri-Kreel thats in expanded psionics, basicly it doesn't get the advancement of powers/pp of the original (still has some powers though) but it gets stat bonus's, slightly different poison. Which do you prefer or can I combine them?
edit: Also if someone has the log for the entire boss battle can you pm it to me please?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:47:27 pm by userpay »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 19, 2010, 12:53:54 am »

Sigurd the Agile is a new one. Still need to add in the stuff for fighter fix, but I'm aiming to be more subtle this time.

(EG: No more "SMASH IN THE DOOR AND THE FLESHBAGS!")

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 19, 2010, 04:31:19 am »

Neruz I got clued into another version of Thri-Kreel thats in expanded psionics, basicly it doesn't get the advancement of powers/pp of the original (still has some powers though) but it gets stat bonus's, slightly different poison. Which do you prefer or can I combine them?
edit: Also if someone has the log for the entire boss battle can you pm it to me please?

Oh right i forgot about that, the XPH one overrides the MM2 one as iirc it's a later product and is intended for player use.

So use the XPH one, also iirc one or two of it's powers are misnamed, the correct powers are listed in the errata.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 177