Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88700 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1890 on: March 17, 2010, 05:06:23 pm »

Hmm... Major creation would allow me to craft myself a rudimentary tool out of thin air... then I could use that to craft other things, perhaps... The thing is, that the Major/Minor Creation spells are only temporary, but they create the material out of thin air. Why isn't there a spell that allows me to basically perform insta-chemistry?

I told you, True Creation. It's a level 8 Creation realm spell and it lets you create any nonmagical item of up to 1 cubic ft per caster level. It's permanent and the items can be used for material components.

I can also see you've all forgotten two amusing things, so we'll see.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:10 pm »

Okay I'm going to sub multi for two since I'm hoping I can take those feats and have them apply to all my arms.

Lets see, at level 10 normally would get 2 attacks. Add in two weapons it becomes 3, add in two more arms it becomes 5, add improved multi weapon fighting it becomes 8, add greater multi weapon fighting it becomes 11. See this is going to get terrifying, especially if I go with that chain build we faced.

edit:Also Neruz does the thri-kreen get powers and pp based on its total level, not just its HD+LA?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 17, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »

edit:Also Neruz does the thri-kreen get powers and pp based on its total level, not just its HD+LA?

It gains powers as if it were a Psychic Warrior (or Psion with Psychometabolism as primary Discipline), which means each hit-dice counts as a level in Psychic Warrior for the purposes of powers (kind of like how caster prestige classes work).

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 17, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »

hmm gaining psychic warrior stuff with the fighter fix's abilities? I think I might just start a new character afterall, the dwarfs earned his rest. Would the fighter fix's two weapon stuff get changed to multi weapon perchance?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 17, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »

hmm gaining psychic warrior stuff with the fighter fix's abilities? I think I might just start a new character afterall, the dwarfs earned his rest. Would the fighter fix's two weapon stuff get changed to multi weapon perchance?

Nope, sorry, Multiweapon fighting is a different tree, i believe you can find it in Savage Species. There are limits.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:07 pm »

Set up a Mythweavers account.

Feknor is here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:34 pm »

Why do you have stuff?
Why do you only have 8 HD?
Why are all of your base saves 0?
Why is your BAB 0?
Shouldn't you put your attack bonuses on your weapons?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:54 pm »

Why do you have stuff?
Just in case I'm not a naked person wandering in a desert. I can remove it later.
Why do you only have 8 HD?
Because I roll a d8 for health every level. Did I do it wrong?
Why are all of your base saves 0?
What modifies them? which saves?
Why is your BAB 0?
Whoops! It's 9.
Shouldn't you put your attack bonuses on your weapons?
Say what?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 17, 2010, 11:12:59 pm »

Nope, sorry, Multiweapon fighting is a different tree, i believe you can find it in Savage Species. There are limits.
Well it follows the same path as the normal one at least... where the fighter fixes one is concerned can I still take it for the two extra attacks?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 18, 2010, 12:18:02 am »

These are the places where I see weirdities...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should also list how much ammunition you have with your ranged weapon, in addition to the weirdities I mentioned in previous posts...

And your base save bonuses should be found in the same place as your BAB.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 18, 2010, 12:29:56 am »

Well it follows the same path as the normal one at least... where the fighter fixes one is concerned can I still take it for the two extra attacks?

You only get the two-weapon fighting bonuses if you're fighting with two weapons. When you're fighting with four weapons you do not need two extra iterative attacks.

These are the places where I see weirdities...

You should also list how much ammunition you have with your ranged weapon, in addition to the weirdities I mentioned in previous posts...

And your base save bonuses should be found in the same place as your BAB.

And i'm pretty sure i've said 'no Aristocrat' at least twice now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 18, 2010, 01:36:43 am »

k, well here is level 12, to be honest, losing our gear is probably a bit of a boon for my character...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 18, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

Really? I thought you just said it wouldn't fit in...

rerolling.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 18, 2010, 10:51:12 am »

RAM, precisely what PrC are you using? It just says, "Prestige Class".

Also, I like that generator less and less every time I use it. It just can't handle anything outside the core books. It's fine for allocating stat points, and maybe counting my skill points for me if I lose count, but other than that...

EDIT: DM, I need a ruling on something. Can one target an inanimate object with a spell as if it were a "creature"? For instance, could I cast Mage Armor on a door to give it +4 AC against people who try to break it down?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:03:44 pm by shoruke »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 18, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »

You only get the two-weapon fighting bonuses if you're fighting with two weapons. When you're fighting with four weapons you do not need two extra iterative attacks.
Hmm okay, I might go for a build with a shield using shield offense and shield defense... it would let me tank alot better considering my dwarf was more dps than tank material (bad hp rolls mostly). So if I take Improved shield bash to keep my AC would I make attacks with it as multiweapon or will that be a separate tree as well? I'm gonna guess its a separate tree... anyway I'll see if I can get a sheet up later today.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 177