Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88716 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1860 on: March 16, 2010, 12:34:09 am »

So, I'm creating my dude one level at a time, because that Javascript-based thing just can't handle all the other source books I'm using (fire elvishness, various feats that it doesn't think are wizardly enough, etc.) and I'd have to select my spells without it anyway... and man, it takes a while.

I'm done up to level 8. It's taken three hours. I console myself that, as soon as I find 1,440 spare exp and a headband, I can fashion myself a new +6 Headband of Intellect, and I suppose I'll be able to make you guys other +6 Gear of Stuff when I have a few weeks and spare exp.

Now somebody find me a masterwork chisel or hammer or something, so I can use my Focus Caster benefits.

Here's what's done so far.

(@ KerrelTheNinja, Bampf)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:28 am »

Oh hey, I need to know how does one go about making say, scrolls or wands or anything of raise dead? Because I'd really hate to have us all die because we didn't have a cleric to rezz us. So I figure if I could perhaps make something, it would be a lot easier and less stressful.

Though I just realized that our supply of diamonds is gone. Lame.

Scroll and Wand creation rules are in the SRD.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:36 am »

Creating items with permanent abilities (such as flight or see invisible) are in the DM's guide, and they cost lots of money.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:21 am »

Hmm thus far my attempts to find a multi armed race that I could use hasn't succeeded, that said I've been alot more busy working on a steampunk character for a different game.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:16 am »

CrystalKeep, naturally, has a list of races, but after looking through the whole thing using ctrl+f with "arm" and "hand" (a lot of races have natrual armor, apparently), it didn't list anything as having >2 arms...

Here's the page if you want it

Also, as a decent-level transmuter, I might be able to whip something up to give you spare limbs.

EDIT: DM, can we homebrew a transmutation spell that lets me give a friend a couple spare arms? It'd probably be level... uh, 5 or so...?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:11:51 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:18 pm »

Technically there's a rule to allow players to research spells, but they still have to pay for the research, and own a 20k gp library first... so, awesome but impractical. You might try a monster, or a prestige class that does that.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 16, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »

Okay, I'm done pretty much everything, I just need to pick my four level 6 spells and then I'm good to go. Is it Friday yet?

EDIT: got the spells. Disintegrate and chain lightning. Mwehehe. I think at level 15 I might take a feat to make me a better counterspeller... or I could just stick with Metamagic Trick / Twin Spell / greater dispell...

Oh yes, for those of you too lazy to go back and look for the previous link to my char sheet, here's Inezach. I'll find him a picture and some weight/age/height stuff later.

EDIT2: Paralyzed creatures can't make reflex saves can they? Presuming they can't, Nernas, I need you to spam hold person/monster against anything with too much hp.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:10:46 pm by shoruke »

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 16, 2010, 03:30:03 pm »

I've got all the crystalkeep books, I didn't find anything that was multi armed. Neruz you know any that I could potentially use?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 16, 2010, 03:42:39 pm »

Uh, pick me!
I'm sure a sahuagin has 4 arms ( a mutant variant)

Shoruke: Why do you not own any items? And why int 23? Does a fire elf has bonus to int?

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 16, 2010, 04:34:30 pm »

Everyone except me lost their stuff because Boris got possessed and tried to teleport them back, but the possessor, the Hive Mind, teleported everything away from them.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 16, 2010, 04:57:18 pm »

Shoruke: Why do you not own any items? And why int 23? Does a fire elf has bonus to int?

1. Because the DM has plot-holed ALL of our stuff away from us except the boat (and even that is now without its parachute)
2. See #3
3. Yes they do, at the cost of 2 cha. A small price for more spells, higher spell DC, more skill points, a few better skill checks...

EDIT: added height/weight/etc. stuff to Inezach's sheet... also, I need to get to a city with a few hundred gold and some spare experience, so I can make myself a trippin' spellbook.

Also, as soon as we hit a town, Inezach's Spellbook Service opens for business.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:04:35 pm by shoruke »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:28 pm »

Well it's going to be a long time till we hit a town..I mean we have to go all the way back from the Giantlands after this mang.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 16, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »

Unless we find a random magic items dealer in the giantlands, or possibly a portal to Sigil. Not that we have any cash. Maybe there be a dungeon filled to the rafters with loot.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 16, 2010, 06:49:49 pm »

Or, being a transmuter, perhaps I just need a spell to make myself some stuff components and tools...

Hrmmm...

DM, I'd like to homebrew a spell, please.

Spoiler: Magic Craft (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 16, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »

Also, as soon as we hit a town, Inezach's Spellbook Service opens for business.
As soon as we get anything worth a fair bit of money that we can't use, Feknor can sacrifice it to his Ancestors to give powers to his ring.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 177