Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88825 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1545 on: February 21, 2010, 09:16:27 am »

K. Don't see why we couldn't just start later, but whatever.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 21, 2010, 09:40:00 am »

never leave us on a cliffhanger again :(

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 21, 2010, 09:41:43 am »

We could start later, but later would be about 4 hours later than usual.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 21, 2010, 09:46:02 am »

That's a long drive to an airport.

I see your point, however, I'd have two hours at best.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 21, 2010, 10:17:53 am »

The Airport is a fair hike from here, and through peak hour traffic too, i won't get back till about middayish.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 21, 2010, 10:54:05 am »

8-4=4.

Therefore, we may still have time to explore the buttcrack of the world. It's all up to Neruz, however.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:37 pm »

He does have a point there, but yeah, DM may not want to do that after you know, 4 hours of rush hour traffic. I know I wouldn't.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 21, 2010, 07:07:53 pm »

Gah, I finally mange to get the internet, after having to crawl over the fetid marshes of microsoft's operating systems of boundless torment just to get here, and find out that the game isn't on. Of course, this counts as good news as I would have been savagely late...

Oh well, lets all go to http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=38921 and hassle the rogue!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 21, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »

I figure that we will not be getting a late start today.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 21, 2010, 10:49:56 pm »

Yeah, but at least there'll be a lot of dramatic tension for Friday.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:54 pm »

*sighs* My character is based around having crazy high AC, but I need an enemy within reach within one move to be allowed to use my AC abilities(I still disagree that attacking empty spaces is inappropriate). So I ocasionally have an AC that could rival a fighter's, but often have a pretty basic AC. I could reroll a fighter, and basically become embarrasingly powerful. I could reroll a spellcaster, and get fun combat options. Or I could stick with my current character, with all their history and gimmicks, and basically continue being a 5th wheel into the forseeable future...

I think that I will stick with Calladskor, but mostly due to loyalty...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 22, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

Besides, we need someone who is gender-confused to balance out the genderless one.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 22, 2010, 01:49:58 am »

Aragharagh.

I'm going to have to cancel Sunday's game on account of having to deliver my father to the airport in the morning.
Oh boy do I know how that is.

Attack the ground or an object, then.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 22, 2010, 01:56:49 am »

Aww. Callad can't disappear, she's survived the longest!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 22, 2010, 05:38:52 am »

/as RAM no, no, attacking the ground or and object won't work either, it is too similar to someone dropping a bag of rats as a free action, somehow convincing the rats to leave the bag rather than being forced to treat them as having total concealment and having to target the area they occupy instead (the single bag) then using the whirlwind attack to get an attack against every single rat, and using the great cleave feat to get an extra attack at their full base attack bonus at any opponent in range for every rat that they kill and/or knock unconsious...
/as RAM You see, attacking an empty space, is like using whirlwind attack on a bunch of rats you brought with you. They both do absolutely nothing other than to cost you actions. And using combat expertise and fighting defensively to temporarily increase your armour class without having an opponent in melee range and getting a dozen cleaves at your full base attack bonus against the same victim are both completely identical. They are bending the intent of a feat to gain effective stats that are well beyond anything that appears in a normal game.

Oh, and if anyone wants to use my fighter build, feel free. Though as I said, i haven't checked the item prices and don't know how much we are getting at these levels. The important bits are the mithral full plate(10500gp) and the +1 animated tower shield(9180gp), and some means of increasing size(Potion of enlarge person, 250gp each) is also very good. The stat boosters are less important. And remember that if you have multiple opponents, power attack is your friend, because cleaving lets you just keep on attacking until you hit something or miss everything, and with 40 odd damage, the chances of knocking them out of the fight and starting all over again with a new attack are pretty good!
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 177