Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88821 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #960 on: January 02, 2010, 12:18:07 am »

Also, we've found... THE PLOT! Intrigue and deception await!

Also, presumably minmaxing of our reputation.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 02, 2010, 01:27:11 am »

It appears that the sessions for this time zone actually occur at 12:00 noon instead of 4:00 AM. (must have converted for GMT -8 before.)

Anyway, this means that I won't be able to make the Friday sessions (I'll be in school.), but I can make the Sunday sessions. I'll find some way to roleplay that in.

PS: What's the story so far? I hear there are hobgoblins.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 02, 2010, 05:50:14 am »

The hobgoblins are kind of new, they are the first thing we saw after the spiders, they were just before the spiders.

There was a room, we escaped(in the wrong direction).
There was a house, which we left(in the wrong direction, but it would have been the right direction before). It had a well in its roof.
There was a basement, with a labyrinth, and a secret room, which Deadris killed me over in a blind lootrage. But a cleric spontaneously came into being and saved me. We climbed out of the basement and found the house, which was on a hill.

We went down the hill and found some dead people, who we looted. But they were boring, so we went up the hill and found some dead people, who we looted, they were much more interesting and gave us most of the gear we are using today. There was also a small fortress thing with ladders, we jumped on its head and it died.

We walked into the hill and found the flying city, which was busted, but still seemed to fly okay. There were some tentacles, and some dead people who were really good friends, we killed them... and I went swimming... it was 'fun'...

We walked onto the flying city and beat some people with a stick, and lit a fire, which burned. Then we found a book about us, which we ignored, and a room full of cash, which we ignored, and a room with a lump of gold the size of a house, which we ignored, and we found a room with a puddle, which is still one of the best things ever! There was also a spider, But Deadris got better worse, so everyone was happy.

We jumped onto the roof, someone had hacked the raws so we went surfing, and met a friendly <removed to preserve sanity> that gave us lots of free advice and gave us a better surfboard. But the mages got scared of my awesome powers and ran away, but not before I remembered being a dead guy and the DM statted out a month's worth of encounters.

We woke up with some gnarly roots, a mushroom gave us a mean glare and we hid, but there was another nice well, which we were too soft for. We spoke with a god, but she was lying so we ignored her, and then almost got killed by some mold, and then almost got killed by Deadris, and then almost killed a vine, and then a fairy saved us.

We woke up surrounded by trees, but they didn't attack us so we nagged them until they handed out freebies. They had a pet powerful crazy girl who was scary, and desperately needed us to lobotomise their old friends, so we jumped into a hole. Their gods turning me into a plant might have helped...

We found a temple And went looking for a brain to remove, but my brain was removed instead. A turret fire lasers at us, but Shneeka was mocked, so everyone was happy, and the comic relief monkey didn't last long enough for anyone to care when it was fired from the show. We got excited about some rocks and fired some laser beams, but they were reflected back at us, so we played chess for something safer, and all died. Then I mugged myself and fought Darth Vader and his ship, we blew it up and then destroyed the death star, which earned us all a level. And killed someone who stopped existing shortly after.

Then we met some goblins who liked the taste of magic and went for a walk, which is when we met you...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 02, 2010, 07:04:58 am »

Also, we've found... THE PLOT! Intrigue and deception await!

Also, presumably minmaxing of our reputation.

A plot. This is not the original intended plot. Not by a long shot.

We are so far derailed we're not even on the same planet as the plot.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 02, 2010, 10:56:20 am »

Oh. Glad to see this has been a successful campaign so far.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 02, 2010, 11:58:56 am »

Revised Nernas' Fortress of Solitude!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 02, 2010, 06:35:16 pm »

You know Neruz, the original plot probably would have been way cooler, but I'm really liking this anyway. Hehe. I'm sad this campaign can only go on so long.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 02, 2010, 08:16:59 pm »

I'm having fun, that's all i really care about.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 02, 2010, 08:30:39 pm »

Now that I'm level 7, I have so many skill points, that basically whenever I do anything but combat it's awesome. "Okay I'm gonna make a 10-ft jump using DareDevil Athlete... I got a 30." And even my sneak attack is no longer stick-shake-at-able.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 02, 2010, 09:50:23 pm »

Lol. yeah, you do end up with a lot of skill points.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 02, 2010, 09:58:34 pm »

I don't, between jump, tumble, balance, spot, listen, and jump, I don't have any left.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 02, 2010, 10:00:30 pm »

Stop taking jump twice then.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 02, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »

Can't wait for tomorrow. I wonder what we'll have to do to gain the Orcs' trust. We have a troll, so hopefully that gives us a nice headstart.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 02, 2010, 10:10:41 pm »

I am not certain that orcs should have a concept of trust. Chaotic Evil is sort of... "I was bored, so I stabbed them in the back. Why are you looking at me like that?" They should be pretty good with the concept of tribes, and allies, and conserving your team's strength, but the idea that someone stops being a threat might not be part of their society...

We have met them, and they haven't killed us, I count that as a victory!
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 02, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »

Personally I think the hobgoblins would make better allies if at all possible...

You know, what with the cities and the organization and the agriculture and the mass-orc-slaying TURRETS... And they're bigger... and aren't hobgoblins lawful evil? They'll follow the rules, it's just they follow the EVIL rules?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 177