Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88785 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #855 on: December 24, 2009, 03:14:03 pm »

A DM with plans is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, he's got an awesome campaign idea set up for you, and it's liable to be all kinds of fun. On the other hand, you might need some railroading to FIND this awesomesauce place, and if you manage to avoid it, you miss out on lots of fun and your DM will be pissed at you.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 24, 2009, 03:27:37 pm »

Pfft, thats where railshroding comes in.

The players want to enter this teleport rune instead of explore?

No problem, the rune dumps them exactly where I want them to go!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 24, 2009, 05:57:01 pm »

Opposing force to what? Us? The Gods? My army that I know exists but you refuse to grant me?

Hobgoblin Empire.

I've long since given up on railroading you guys, besides, making stuff up on the spot is fun for me too (when i'm not tired). Plus, unless you all run back to the teleporter and zoom off somewhere else, you are going to end up in at least the general vicinity of this stuff.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 24, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »

I'm good with fighting the hobgoblin army. They have all kinds of squishy bits that are vulnerable to sneak attack.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 24, 2009, 06:15:39 pm »

Doesn't matter if you want to fight them or not; they want to fight you.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:51 pm »

Hehe. In any case, no game tomrrow for me due to christmas, I have to inform you. So I hope we won't do it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 24, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »

That's what i figured, of course because i'm awesome i'm having christmas right now..

Presentsss.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 24, 2009, 08:23:53 pm »

Opposing force to what? Us? The Gods? My army that I know exists but you refuse to grant me?

Hobgoblin Empire.

I've long since given up on railroading you guys, besides, making stuff up on the spot is fun for me too (when i'm not tired). Plus, unless you all run back to the teleporter and zoom off somewhere else, you are going to end up in at least the general vicinity of this stuff.

Wait, so it's an Empire now? Is it too late to re-roll a Luke Skywalker expy? :P

But in all honesty it does make sense. For those of us who actually were present for the start of this campaign, happen to remember that battlefield full of useless junk that appeared to be between hobgoblins and orcs? I guess that was the hobgoblins expanding their territory. Or defending it. Or just driving off some green gypsies; honestly, who cares, we have shit to kill!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:25 pm »

Yeah I won't be able to make either of the games this weekend... tomorrow due to Christmas, or Sundei due to me being a province over. Well, I *might* be able to show up on Sunday depending on how long you guys run, I'm going to have my laptop... but the only chance I'll get is at the hotel after all-day skiing... so yeah. Not terribly likely I'll catch that game.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 24, 2009, 09:19:21 pm »

I think its safe to say the friday game is cancled.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:58 pm »

Yep. Oh well, maybe Saturday? Monday?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 24, 2009, 09:26:31 pm »

Saturday's no good for me on two levels, so definitely a no. Monday might work, though, if Sunday's definitely out.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 24, 2009, 10:06:16 pm »

Hobgoblin Empire.

Wait, so it's an Empire now? Is it too late to re-roll a Luke Skywalker expy? :P

But in all honesty it does make sense. For those of us who actually were present for the start of this campaign, happen to remember that battlefield full of useless junk that appeared to be between hobgoblins and orcs? I guess that was the hobgoblins expanding their territory. Or defending it. Or just driving off some green gypsies; honestly, who cares, we have shit to kill!

Hobgoblins traditionally have major issues with Orcs; Orcs tend towards rampant chaotic barbarism, living in small tribes and breaking things for the hell of it. Hobgoblins tend towards meglomanical empire building to shame the Romans and strict regimented order. The two rarely get along.

Orcs breed like, well, Orcs, so despite their lack of technological superiority they are always a credible threat to even the most well establishsed Empires, the Hobgoblins tend to counter this with well trained soldiers and breeding programs.

But it's always nice to have a third side, since the Hobgoblins hate\fear the PC's, and the Orcs are just as likely to eat you as they are to side with you, i figure you need a more solid group to help out, Hello Undead, you'll do nicely.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 25, 2009, 07:09:29 am »

I don't see a cancellation yet so I guess I will have to try to wake up for the next session and hope someone else joins in. Either that or find that it has been cancelled, but that works too, sleep deprivation is great fun. Kids these days just don't understand the value of walking around in a daze for hours.

But yes, to be serious, I will try to make it to tomorrows session, but I can't make any promises and if it doesn't work out that is fine too.

Oh and RAM, you were asking for a trope a few sessions back but we couldn't find it? I put it up for suggestion for you. (look for Missile Ride)
Here.
There is also this, but none of the suggestions seem to hit the nail on the head.
I should check hot shots, I figure it probably comes up a lot in action comedies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 25, 2009, 07:37:01 am »

Nah, we won't be doing the Friday session seeing as it's christmas. Sundei looks like it's out too, although Mondey might be doable.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 177