Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88679 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next SATDEI\SONDEY 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #660 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »

Hmm if I can find some good light armor or mithral med armor I could go tempest prestige class.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 05, 2009, 09:18:55 pm »

Heh. good session guys! I got to spell level three. Hey, Neruz, could you post up the domain spells of what Renewal and Courage? I have no idea what they are, they could prove useful.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2009, 09:22:49 pm »

All right, that did go well, I'll admit. As for the DM, I'm honestly curious. Why can I not have Kobold slave/companion? It'd be like a Donkius Titanius that could actually assist the party. I've made a character sheet so you wouldn't have to do the work. Him not being seen isn't that big a deal, considering other people are popping up just as randomly.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 05, 2009, 10:17:44 pm »

A small character with 9 str cannot carry 30 pounds... this kobold doesn't appear to speak or comprehend any languages... wizards start with a spellbook containing every level 0 spell, plus their level 1 spells... and you don't seem to have bought him any ammunition, or clothing. Or given him ranks in any skills.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 05, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »

The sheet's in progress. He speaks common, undercommon and draconic. Is he carrying 30 lbs? I see no reason why a kobold needs clothes. I am still copying over his skills from the java character genner.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:46 pm »

0. The DM does not need to give you anything, if the DM says "I can't be bothered with that now", then you don't really have any avenue to protest...
1. It is an uncharted advantage, you can request an NPC but they will not be yours. To just give you a free character is unbalanced, especially a wizard who might be able to contribute without automatically dying.
2. Kobold mages are always sorcerers, not wizards.
3. Chaotic Good characters do not keep slaves, if you are willing to take the leadership feat at level 6 then you can have a cohort(leadership may require specific DM permission), but buying and keep a slave is completely opposed to the alignment.
3a."Good" implies a concern for the dignity of sentient beings.
3b."Evil" implies oppressing others.
3c.Lawful characters respect authority, and judge those who fall short of their duties.
3d."Chaos" implies freedom.
3e.A chaotic good character makes his own way and hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do.
3f. Lawful Evil, "Dominator"
4. Worn clothes do not count against weight, and we already have enough nudity. Whilst kobold nudity may not bother your character, it most probably bothers the kobold, which would be fitting, seeing as it is an abused slave.
5.If you really really want it you can just reroll a new character...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 06, 2009, 05:04:52 am »

THE WORLD HATES ME

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 06, 2009, 06:28:49 am »

Anything specific?
Will there be another session in about 8 hours time?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 06, 2009, 06:54:35 am »

No, more stuff keeps coming up.

I think we're going to have to go back to Friday\Sunday, i keep running into scheduling issues with the two days in a row thing.

So yeah, Sunday's game is off guys, family affairs cropped up. We'll shoot for friday next week as the next session, hopefully nothing will interrupt it this time, these things popping up are starting to get on my nerves.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Stupid Time! Rarargh!)
« Reply #669 on: December 06, 2009, 07:17:12 am »

Here is hoping it all goes off without a hitch

Oh, did someone ask about domain spells?

Renewal
3:Remove disease
4:Reincarnate
Courage
3:Cloak of bravery
4:Heroism
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 06, 2009, 09:18:13 am »

0. The DM does not need to give you anything, if the DM says "I can't be bothered with that now", then you don't really have any avenue to protest...
1. It is an uncharted advantage, you can request an NPC but they will not be yours. To just give you a free character is unbalanced, especially a wizard who might be able to contribute without automatically dying.
2. Kobold mages are always sorcerers, not wizards.
3. Chaotic Good characters do not keep slaves, if you are willing to take the leadership feat at level 6 then you can have a cohort(leadership may require specific DM permission), but buying and keep a slave is completely opposed to the alignment.
3a."Good" implies a concern for the dignity of sentient beings.
3b."Evil" implies oppressing others.
3c.Lawful characters respect authority, and judge those who fall short of their duties.
3d."Chaos" implies freedom.
3e.A chaotic good character makes his own way and hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do.
3f. Lawful Evil, "Dominator"
4. Worn clothes do not count against weight, and we already have enough nudity. Whilst kobold nudity may not bother your character, it most probably bothers the kobold, which would be fitting, seeing as it is an abused slave.
5.If you really really want it you can just reroll a new character...

0. Sorry if that's the case. I've never once heard him say "no", just a bunch of questions as to where the kobold would come from, which I feel have been properly explained.
1. Well, I wouldn't directly control him. That'd be silly. But an NPC who is obligated to some degree to follow my orders would be nice.
2. Now that's a decent argument. I was not aware of that, and it could be fixed if this was even allowed, which it apparently will not be *see argument 0*.
3. I must once again bring up the comparison to Batman and Alfred. Batman could be a total jerk to Alfred, since he is his butler and a servant of sorts. But he does not. He is close friends with him. That's what I am going for.
3a. Yes. Yes it does. That is indeed a quality that Ezio has.
3b. Indeed it does. I don't see what that has to do with this situation, as I don't see any oppression going on.
3c. That is also true. However, Chaotic Good characters don't necessary ignore the law, but they can if it gets in the way of helping the cause of Good as a whole.
3d. *Sigh* You keep determining it will be some sort of oppressive, spiteful relationship just because of the modern-day definition of the word "slave". There was a time when slaves were considered an important and loved part of the family, you know. If it will make you feel better, I'll call him a companion.
3e. I thought we'd gone over this already. Really, he's not some cruel taskmaster, he's a leader because the kobold needs to follow. Even Chaotic Good factions must have someone in charge and telling them what to do. That does not change just because the kobold is legally required to do so. Remember, Chaotic Good characters can ignore the law. Maybe Jeevus could leave whenever he felt like it, but he just prefers to stay with Aveldineir *See bottom of post for name explanation*
3f. We've covered this one already.
4. God, you're relying on the abused slave idea for your entire argument. Thus, your entire argument is invalid, for he is not abused. I figured it was pushing it enough that Jeevus has a Light Crossbow and a spellbook, so I figured "What money would he use to buy clothes?" I figured I'd find something for him to wear during the campaign. The nudity is by no means a permanent thing.
5. No, I will not. However, I don't feel like being constrained to the personality of an existing character, so Ezio will henceforth be known as Aveldineir.

Sorry to hear about all that, DM. Looking forward to Friday, then.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 06, 2009, 10:43:31 am »

Hmm darn I was looking forward to the game, this also means I'll have to miss this friday due to classes so I hope we arn't fighting the wyrm riding skeleton yet.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 06, 2009, 04:46:13 pm »

Well actually, calling someone a slave means that they HAVE to do what you tell them, which is oppression. Companion means they'll follow you around... probably.

Also, Alfred gets paid, does he not? Quite handsomely? He isn't a slave by anyone's definition.

If you can haggle the DM for a companion sorcerer, it'd probably be an NPC, to represent your inability to completely dominate your friend's will.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 06, 2009, 06:24:52 pm »

Mostly it would require the Leadership Feat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:53 pm »

Level 6 isn't that far away, and Ezio Aveldineir seems to have plenty of feats.

Bruce Wayne is chaotic Neutral, and keeps Alfred for the fun of it. He spends all his time at parties and occasionally dresses up to fight crime. Batman is very lawful, he devotes his entire life to a single mission, he pursues it methodically and exclusively, he doesn't allow himself time off or fun while working. He keeps Alfred because Alfred is a part of his mission. D&D is much more black and white than Batman's world. Alignments are not just motivations, they are fundamental physical properties.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 177