Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88391 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (SUNDAY 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 09:28:46 pm »

Not so. A dull short sword in real life will not do nearly as well as a sharp greatsword in killing you. Yeah.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »

Not so. A dull short sword in real life will not do nearly as well as a sharp greatsword in killing you. Yeah.
i meant it metaphorically/symbolically  ::)   or symbolically/metaphorically. or symbolically but not metaphorically.or metaphorically without symbolization. take your pick. and try not to take me so seriously.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 09:39:01 pm »

Who said I did?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2009, 10:34:37 pm »

The basic sword is only 15gp, the two-handed sword and falchion are expensive but they do have a high threat-range combined with high damage. The base prices aren't significant once you start adding magical bonuses and at level 1 a crit from either one will probably take out an enemy. I suspect that starting weapon prices have a bit more flavour and a bit less balance, but it seems to work well enough...

It's specifically for low-level balance; once you start getting magic items and class skills involved 'crappy' weapons can often become really good (Quarterstaffs are an example). But at level 1 when your equipment has come from your starting golds the price matters, since if you spend more on the oh-so-awesome Greatsord, you get less monies for armor.

As for Wizards, they're not hugely difficult to play, but they do require alot of paperwork.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2009, 10:36:57 pm »

Who said I did?
oh take no offense good sir,i did not mean to come off as abrasive. i realize,that,like neruz said,it is for balancing purposes,i was simply trying to poke fun at it and failing :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:39:57 pm by Nordic dorf »
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 04:17:36 am »

If you want simple you would probably be better off with a sorcerer. Wizards are great but their versatility is somewhat wasted if you don't put in some thought and effort into picking the right spells for the next day and making the right scrolls for emergencies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 06:03:38 am »

Ya, Sorcerors are basically Wizard-Lite, they're not as flexible and thus lack many of the rediculously OP tricks that Wizards can pull, but they're much easier to learn and thus are a good starting point. Wizards require a fair amount of paperwork and a bit of system-fu to play well, it's easy to get lost in the details or prepare the wrong spells.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2009, 02:28:16 pm »

Well, I'm boned. Except I really do want to play just a wizard..

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2009, 02:37:46 pm »

Well, I'm boned. Except I really do want to play just a wizard..
the sky's the limit. maybe your a wizard with amnesia, who forgets how to do things sometimes,thus justifying your lack of system-fu. maybe he just smokes too much. it's your character,play what you would enjoy most. just please don't make urist mcwizard, godking of mankind who killls everything by looking at it :P

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2009, 02:52:01 pm »

Nah. I wouldn't know how to exactly become that strong.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2009, 05:54:46 pm »

Sadly, I'm probably actually going for cleric. Every group needs a healbot it seems.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2009, 05:57:15 pm »

No, all we need is a packmule to carry the wands of "Cure Light Wounds"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2009, 08:02:30 pm »

Paladin druid ranger and bard are all capable of some level of healing, but clerics are crazy powerful and versatile so playing one shouldn't be that much of a chore... If you give us an idea of what sort of character you want we could probably give you some pointers on how to do that with a cleric...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2009, 09:07:27 pm »

Sadly, I'm probably actually going for cleric. Every group needs a healbot it seems.

Rogue with high UMD skill + Wand of Cure Light Wounds = Healbot.

Wands of CLW are basically HP batteries.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:56 pm »

I've hosted a Gametable game to test connectionses.

IP: 60.242.40.34
Port: 1802
Pass: dnd
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 177