Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88655 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #570 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

I am going to try to make the session in about 7 and a half hours, if nobody is there then, meh, such is life. It has been a while since my connection last completely died for no reason, so it may be over, but it was always intermittent so...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #571 on: December 04, 2009, 08:23:57 am »

I thought we were swapping the friday session to sundey?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next SATDEI\SONDEY 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2009, 10:13:27 am »

Me thinks he didn't read back.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:43 am »

As far as I can tell from reading back (to be fair I only read back 10 posts or so before this reply), the only one who can't make it to today's game is Userpay... and we've played with 1 d00d missing before, even before the new cleric and fighter showed up.

Plus I wanna get done with this damn shroom temple already, and AT THE VERY LEAST fight something sneak-attack-able.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 04, 2009, 12:26:09 pm »

So when is the next session? I'm GMT+4, and it's Friday, 20:25 here. So it's next midnight for me, right? Not that I play DnD a lot (or even at all, for the last eight years), but seeing a game unfold might get me interested enough to participate... somehow. I take it all I need is the Gametable client?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:27:41 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 04, 2009, 12:51:08 pm »

Yeah, all you need is GameTable and a character sheet. At least, that's all you need in terms of posession; you also need to not care about playing a game from Midnight until, like, six in the morning.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »

I only intend to watch so far. Staying up until six isn't entirely feasible unless I somehow trick my mother into thinking I was asleep the whole time when she finds me at the PC in the morning. But totally doable. Bonus points for my ISP providing free internet traffic from midnight to 8AM.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 04, 2009, 03:00:25 pm »

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that it was decided yet.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 04, 2009, 03:08:37 pm »

I didn't think it was decided at all yet. Then again, it's eight minutes past go-time... but Neruz HAZ been this late before... hrmm... well I'll just start on my Comp Sci homework (due in 3 hours  :P) and check back every couple minutes.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 04, 2009, 03:18:24 pm »

Will be at guitar practice for the next 40-50 minutes. Hope we get to play today.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 04, 2009, 03:23:32 pm »

we're not playing today. UGHHHH

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2009, 03:28:45 pm »

Damn. And I had all my new macros plugged into GameTable, too.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 04, 2009, 03:50:13 pm »

Amazingly I just noticed this thread.

How big is the party?

If there is room(Not like 8 people or something) I'd like to get in on this, though being
GMT-8, I'll probably only be able to make it on saturdays and sundays.
That char generator is amazing.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 04, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »

I expect Neruz will let you join if you cobble together a character. The most recent new arrival was jumped to level 4 but if you made it level 5 that might work too. All the character generation stuff is up except gp, if I recall correctly it is 28 point buy, any official source is acceptable (spells from the spell compendium for example) And your character has a background but is almost certainly separated from it. The DMG states that a 4th level character should have 5400 gp worth of gear and a 5th level character should be at 9000.
Uh, you can start with, i think for this campaign and power level i'll give you, oh 20,000 starting GP atm. Starting level will be the lowest common level, which i think is 5 atm.

If you get Shneeka's old items though, then you don't get any starting GP; the starting GP is to equip you with the appropriate magic items.

If you want to roll up a new char, i'll just retcon the raise dead thing and Jervous will have himself a standard undead Shneeka Slave.
You could, alternatively, try a 5th level character with 20000gp...
A +1 Holy Rapier should cost 18320gp by my count. Some campaigns impose a limit on what percentage of your starting cash you can spend on any one item. But I haven't heard anything like that here... As a rule weapons seem to be total combined bonus squared times two thousand plus base weapon costs. So Holy+1=3 x3=9 x2000=18000 +320=18320.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:38:57 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 04, 2009, 04:49:36 pm »

Yeah, I recalc'd the cost for my stuff after I made that post. My remaining coinage should be right. But by god is it COSTLY to buy a decent weapon.

Also, I think for consistency, the GM would have you make a lvl 5 character with 20000 gold of lewt.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 177