Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88558 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2009, 04:24:49 pm »

Perhaps there's some other level of the minaret you can warp to, and get me revived? Those dudes on the top floor probably know wish.

And there's a symbol around where we are that indicates the rune to get back to where we are? Right?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 22, 2009, 04:53:58 pm »

I think we know the rune to our current place, but I don't know much about the top floor guys anyway.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »

we get experience for puzzle solving, and hopefully we'll get lucky and revive Shneeka when I get to cast level four spells. I believe  the renewal domain gets resurrection as a fourth level spell.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »

Many of the puzzles in the next section will not require Rogues; they're more player based puzzles, as in you, the player, will have to work out the solution, rather than running around rolling dice at things.

That's why i need the week or so to set everything up; shit gets complicated.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 22, 2009, 07:50:51 pm »

So I can be helpful from beyond the grave? Awesome!

...Will my ashes get experience for that?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2009, 07:56:28 pm »

I can see i'm going to need to put some sort of limited resurrection in the temple.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »

Yes, and it must not include any of the words "random", "evil", "chaotic", "bad", "unhealthy", "decay", or "tentacle". Or any of their various word-forms.

As cool as being a gold wyrmling would have been, I would have had to have ditched my dreams of Arcane Trickstersy.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 22, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »

Well Dragons tend to get innate shapeshifting abilities, i know all the Metallics do, i think some of the Chromatics don't.

We'll see.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 22, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »

I recall it being a temple of decay, so you might have trouble getting everything on your list...

There are other options too, you could sign up with the guy who smashed the city and become immortal...

Or the party could split up, one group could go get Shneeka's body ressed while his soul helps everyone else with the traps. Presumably the encounters on the path we took to get in here will not be as bad as they were before...

Oh, and I changed gender, and have an apparently permanent enchantment that renders my clothes invisible, but I have managed to grow some concealing leaves, on account of being half plant...

Strangely enough, none of the weirdness I have picked up is the result of my habit of drinking things without reading the labels...

If Shneeka re-incarnates, will he be a half-plant version of his new form, or will the blessing depart on death, or as a result of the influene of another deity or something?

What are the odds that the grove of plant people would use clerical spells, like raise dead, rather than druidic spells, like re-incarnation?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39:22 pm »

So, Neruz just wondering, is ressurrection a level four spell for the renewal domain? jw.

Oh, and we totally forgot about my domain power. just so you know. XD.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 22, 2009, 10:08:13 pm »

According to my google search, lvl 4 in Renewal lets you use the Reincarnate spell... which basically does what the Godess of Luck might have done to me.

At least, that's my interpretation, but it wouldn't be the first or probably even the hundred-and-first time I've been mistaken about the rules for D&D...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 22, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »

Well based off of the table in the players handbook it would be a humanoid race but I think our DM is using a different table that includes all a manner of creatures.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36:40 pm »

According to my google search, lvl 4 in Renewal lets you use the Reincarnate spell... which basically does what the Godess of Luck might have done to me.

At least, that's my interpretation, but it wouldn't be the first or probably even the hundred-and-first time I've been mistaken about the rules for D&D...

Correct, except that the Ressurection spell specifies humanoids. I've got an expanded table of humanoids i'll use, but you are guaranteed to get an intelligent humanoid with that spell, as opposed to the Second Chance the Goddess of Luck offers, which is 100% random.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 23, 2009, 07:06:25 am »

So there will most definitely be no more text-logs in any form? Even indirect and warned?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:07 am »

Have we even gotten a response from Toady about that?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 177