Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88497 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next SUNDEI 20:00 GMT+0) (Suggest other days!)
« Reply #315 on: November 01, 2009, 11:37:02 pm »

You just found about 21 grand worth of coins and gems, you don't need to rack up money.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 02, 2009, 06:56:00 am »

Now, as for Deadris's deadness, it's time to bring out the big book of afterlife options.

Your traditional option is of course to roll up a new character.

Failing that; other options exist. Powerful beings and deities will often restore life (temporary or otherwise) to souls in return for a period of service. Another option is, of course, spells, although it's a way to getting someone who can cast Raise Dead yet.

You may also be forcefully ressurected, possibly as an Undead, either to serve someone not very nice, or to repay a debt or wrong you have committed.

Hmm. Normally I'd roll up a paladin, but I'm intrigued by the option of serving the dark gods. Who among the pantheon would be willing to remake me as their servant, and what would this entail?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 02, 2009, 07:22:33 am »

Now, as for Deadris's deadness, it's time to bring out the big book of afterlife options.

Your traditional option is of course to roll up a new character.

Failing that; other options exist. Powerful beings and deities will often restore life (temporary or otherwise) to souls in return for a period of service. Another option is, of course, spells, although it's a way to getting someone who can cast Raise Dead yet.

You may also be forcefully ressurected, possibly as an Undead, either to serve someone not very nice, or to repay a debt or wrong you have committed.

Hmm. Normally I'd roll up a paladin, but I'm intrigued by the option of serving the dark gods. Who among the pantheon would be willing to remake me as their servant, and what would this entail?

There's a couple, the big gold statue you guys found for example is actually a Demon Lord who upgraded himself to Godhood by defeating the old God of War in personal combat and devouring his heart; as a power hungry Demon God of War he's quite collectory when it comes to useful souls. There's a couple of other dark gods (and even a light one) who'd be willing to make a deal for a living worshipper, since they're kind of scarce at the moment.

What it would entail is basically being Ressurected as a Level 2 appropriate being and class, you'd have all your normal memories and languages, but you might not neccessarily come back Human; Dark Gods in particular are rather fond of granting 'boons'.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 02, 2009, 02:12:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LEVEL THREEEEEEE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:13:12 pm by Jervous »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 02, 2009, 02:46:55 pm »

Hmm. The God of War is the God of War because he killed the old one? Sounds like my kind of guy. Is it just kind of lottery or can I get a preview of what would become of me?

Also, if I could get a line-up of the other dark gods that'd be nice too.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 02, 2009, 06:48:31 pm »

I'll finish consolidating the pantheon and throw up a list of gods with a brief overview and what character options they'll provide, probably sometime this arvo.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2009, 08:06:20 am »

And here's the list of gods, a full day later than i promised, i'm so reliable.

Those are the four most likely Gods to deal in reviving the dead, although if you're smart you might also be able to make a deal with one of the two Death Gods, maybe, maybe not.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:38:38 pm by Neruz »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2009, 03:08:02 pm »

Hmm.

I think I'd enjoy life as a servant of Kakaran, specifically as an Unholy Warrior. I think being Chaotic Evil would also allow me more freedom in the wholesale slaughter of my comrades over bags of loot when I do not know what is inside.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2009, 04:15:03 am »

Pretty much.

Also, i just remembered; i have this awesome tool that lets me create new classes (both full and prestige) for 3.5 that are actually pretty well balanced when combined with my system-fu.

So if anyone wants to get themselves a specially tailored prestige class, that is doable. Just throwing that onto the table there.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2009, 06:59:57 am »

Interesting idea, but I like the idea of serving the God of War. I think I'd get along with him pretty well; he seems like the kind of guy who would support young, up-and-coming evil masterminds and ruthless killers.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:12 am »

He doesn't sound so big on the masterminds, but you never know...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:26 am »

I'd like to have a look at that 'new improv classes' tool, if you don't mind...

Also, when I was a level1 rogue, I put 2 points (1 rank) in knowledge: Architecture & engineering, at the time it was a cross-class skill. Now I'm a wizard too, and now it's a class skill... I don't suppose my points from previous cross-class skills get bumped from half-rank to full-rank points in that skill? (I'm guessing probably not, but I don't know so I thought I'd ask)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:32 pm »

No, sorry, skill points completely refuse to co-operate. Previous classes don't contribute to what is a class skill. You cannot save skill points for use at later levels. You don't get more skill points from previous levels if you raise your intelligence. You don't get more skill points from temporary or magical bonuses to intelligence. Basically, if you can think of a way to get more or better skill points, then the answer will always be no...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 05, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »

So, when can we expect the next session to be?

Also, you guys didn't sell my stuff yet, right? RIGHT?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 05, 2009, 08:40:27 pm »

We couldn't find a merchant so we used your corpse to pay for identify spells.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 177