Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88415 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2505 on: April 26, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »

I kind of feel as though an arena is supposed to roughly half the number of competitors, I am expecting more rounds after this, unless we break out...

Those brutes don't look too fast, if the kreen can get a couple of quick heals it may well be able to beat the brutes to the top of the tower and hold the drawbridge controls long enough for the rest of the team to get into the courtyard. Of course, you will need something pretty dramatic to make up for fighting the orcish elite in the courtyard, maybe emerging holding their severed heads up for the crowd to enjoy or something. Honestly, who thought that an enclosed courtyard was a good idea...

Or you could just take the boats...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:51 pm »

There are no boats. The first reference to boats was Vomu (or maybe Eafoth) saying his swim check sucked, his tower shield alone imposes a whopping -20 on his swim checks unless he uses it as a boat or something. Then some fool went "boat? where?" without reading back, and suddenly people think there are actual boats someplace. THE BOATS ARE A LIE. THERE ARE NO BOATS. SHUT UP ABOUT BOATS AND MAKE YOUR DAMN JUMP CHECK.

</rant>
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 26, 2010, 08:18:42 pm »

Actually, there are a pair of boat-like structures in the northeast corner of the arena, the second group of orcs tried to take the ogres' ship, but, in spite of some inspirational rope-swinging and sword-in-mouth action, were resoundingly repulsed, and fled, the ogres gave chase and now the ships are unoccupied. They are not nearly as easily defended as the castle, but currently they are only defended by the dead(or unconscious...)((I doubt that these orcs would play possum, but you never know...)) Long story short, fire up Gametable and look for orc warriors, they occupy a raised structure with limited access.

Of course, team goblinoid will systematically exterminate the entire city if given enough time, so it really doesn't matter where you try to hide...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 26, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

I don't think those are boats, just raised platforms with pointed ends...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 26, 2010, 11:50:31 pm »

Neruz himself described them as boatlike.

@shoruke - Yes, you can borrow Eafoth's grapplebow, but it can only support 150 pounds, so watch out for that.

I might miss the Friday session completely, so in the event that I miss the session, Othrek (If Nerzu approves) can use mah healins. (listed below)

Heal Light Wounds x2 - 1d8+4
Heal Minor Wounds x2 - 1+4

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 27, 2010, 08:09:56 am »

Heyyy, i'm back and stuff.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 27, 2010, 08:31:51 am »

NERZU!
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 27, 2010, 08:34:09 am »

By the way; i apologise for the Arena being kind of bland and stuff; i literally had to make it on the fly since i wasn't expecting to actually get anywhere on Sunday, you guys resolved issues faster than i anticipated.

I'll spend some time Wednesday and Friday making the Arena more elaborate, so don't be too surprised if it changes size, dimensions and content dramatically, fortunately there's a good in-universe reason for this: being the fact that the Arena is packed full of elaborate electromagical mechanisms, making it effectively mutable in size and shape, and possibly bigger on the inside.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:03 am »

I still say that the spectators cannot see what is happening in that courtyard inside the castle-thing. The brutes(or party) could make their last stand down there and nobody would see a thing...

I am kind of worried about energy stun, the damage is 2d6 behind but it gains +1 DC for every single power point spent on it. The damage IS low, and the area IS small, but I am just worried that it is overpowered. I mean, what happens when the giants rock up to our mound and I keep them permanently stunned? Meh, may as well wait to see it in action first and swap it out later...
Read the First Post!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 27, 2010, 10:07:48 am »

Don't forget Shourkes paralyzing bite ability. Though I'd save that for the Swordsage. Who I'm going to do my damndest to disarm if we have to fight him.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:48 am »

Pffft, stunning causes you to drop whatever you are holding, they are probably immune to stunning for some reason or other...
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 27, 2010, 11:46:47 am »

Who gave you the idea that I have a paralyzing bite? I'm a fire elf trickster. My redeeming qualities are trap disabling, skill tricking, stealing level 0 or 1 spells, and 3d6+4 sneak attack.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:49:04 am by shoruke »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:22 am »

Oh sorry. I need a table or some shit to keep track of our characters.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:28 pm »

I'm the one with the paralyzing bite and thats only once a day, unfortunately its a low DC so unless Neruz wants to make it scale (seeing as how in later levels it will be all but useless due to low DC) its a long shot. And I'm pretty sure the spectators can see, their all on raised stands compared to us I'm lead to believe.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:06 pm »

Not to mention the outer walls are only 10 feet high. The spectators would be able to see just find if the seats start just beyond the bounds of the arena and they start, say, 30 feet up. Heaven knows the seats for that great roman arena started higher than that.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 177