Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88411 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2490 on: April 25, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

Its up 61.68.171.43

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 25, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »

IP: 61.68.171.43

EDIT: wow, I was ninja'd so precisely, Bay12 didn't even say "there's a new reply". We must have hit the button at like the same time.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:40 pm »

Did anyone else's connection just die, or just me?

EDIT: apparently Nerzu hit ctrl+q
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 26, 2010, 12:30:22 am »

Okay, important stuff for next session.

We need both our clerics.
We need both our main tanks.
We need our Rogue.
More people would be useful. Bring ladders.

Our Psion is a hobgob for all intents an purposes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 26, 2010, 12:52:15 am »

Also our plan is to basically storm the castle, from the back this time. Have the big guy pick up the clerics, jump the gap, and push them over the wall, while chak and I jump like crazy. Then we rush the central staircase. Hopefully the rest of the enemies are susceptible to shneekattack, because the 3d6+4 per round is basically how I function in combat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: April 26, 2010, 01:41:04 am »

But team goblinoid is going to win, you guys just need to hide in a corner until the next round...

Although I must say that being attacked from both sides by giants isn't the way I had hoped this would start...

As for what happened this session, we were thrown into an arena, everyone gathered into their gangs, I was friendly with the goblinoids so I joined them, everyone else decided to storm the castle by themselves, eventually half the party got stuck behind a closed drawbridge with certain death, except that they jumped out of the castle. At that point everyone was standing around trying to figure out how to get into the castle so that they will have a defensible position, I suggest that they regroup on the abandoned boats for a better view...

P.S.
 We were meant to team up with the half-ogre, hopefully team gobbo will snuff them out in short order and get the plot off to a good hiding...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:16:33 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 26, 2010, 08:20:53 am »

Wait, so are we trying again on Friday? Or continuing where we left off?

As usual, I'll be at least a couple hours late to the Friday session.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:28 am »

Well I would suggest trying to hop the wall from the north side as thats closest to the stairs, those of us that can jump might go from the southern wall and jump onto the stairs themselves. Just tossing it out there.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 26, 2010, 09:47:03 am »

Jumping from the southern wall directly onto the stairs would be a 15 foot horizontal and 10 foot vertical jump. Even chak would have difficulty with that one. I was thinking chak could try jumping from the west wall, the part that's level with the stairs. I was also thinking, I could borrow the healer's (I forget WHICH healer, sorry) grapplegun, and scale the southwest tower, that should be more or less even with the corner of the stairs... Unless the staircases have walls and they're more inside the tower, then we need to all just rush the north wall.

And I loved RAM's line. "Someone tell me what happens on the forums." "Posting mostly..."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 26, 2010, 01:44:25 pm »

I think one decent option is for me to trip all of them when they provoke AoOs by moving or charging, and then me, CJ, and Shorke stomp each one in turn into oblivion.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: April 26, 2010, 03:20:40 pm »

So I was busy and muted, so I couldn't say I couldn't make it, obvious. Now then, what did I miss Sunday?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 26, 2010, 03:43:33 pm »

We're in jail. There's a gladiatorial arena match, so we all got to pick out some mundane pieces of shit to substitute for actual honest-to-god equipment. Now we're trying to storm a castle in the arena so that we can rig the entrance with traps and then we all get a full pardon from our "crimes" plus immunity from the law for a year.  By the way I made trap mechanisms, that work DF style but only take a single full-round action to set up or dismantle. We're going to rig the castle's entrance with spear traps.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 26, 2010, 03:59:08 pm »

Can't I just bash it down? I've got, like, 26 Strength, or something.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 26, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »

No. I was going to try, then realised that a long jump over the 15ft moat, landing on a 5ft ledge, and simply climbing over the wall would be easier, considering that large creatures are easily tall enough to reach 15 feet up. But we ran out of time, and then came up with a plan more refined than "have the Half-Minotaur smash things"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 26, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »

Besides which, if we keep the drawbridge intact, we can use it to keep other people out. We can even set up the traps in front of the bridge to keep the ogres from trying what you wanted to do; jump over the moat, land on a 5' strip of land, BAM spear through the nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 177