Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88423 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2475 on: April 25, 2010, 02:01:01 pm »

-just in case we're doing the "average rounded up" for hp as a running total instead of a per-level basis like CJ was trying to do, I would list your "hp" as 15.5 and your "current hp" as 16, since you're going to be keeping track of damage in GameTable and not so much on your sheet (I would guess)

HP is always gained per level. Where did you lot get the idea that it wasn't?

Neruz said that if your average hp roll would be 5.5 (as with a d10), then after 2 level ups you get 11 hp. This implies that we're supposed to keep track of the decimals, instead of rounding up at each and every level.

Also I switched my second Swashbuckler/Fighter level for a Swashbuckler/Monk level, I don't get a whole heckuva lot from the monk stuff, but it has some nice saves and Unarmed Strike... oh wait, am I allowed to do that? Monks are supposed to be lawful.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 25, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »

Just make Lawful --- your alignment, then.

On HP: He also said, later, that we were doing it average per level, rounded up.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 25, 2010, 02:10:27 pm »

Oh. RAM and I need summoar hps then. And I think I might just sub out that Monk level for spellthief, it'd be a little more thematic and wouldn't have the alignment restriction... Oh sure, more sneak attack damage is always nice, and I'm not likely to do much unarmed fighting past the first dungeon anyway.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 25, 2010, 02:16:31 pm »

Unless we get thrown into a 'You lose your weapons and equipment, now, fight in the arena and later escape and retrieve your stuff' section later on. :/

Not that me and CJ will care if that happens, as Large sized unarmed damage dice are as effective as longswords, and we both have massive str.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 25, 2010, 02:28:47 pm »

Wait, we all start at level one, right? Anyway, as you can probably tell by the traits, Eafoth won't be doing much in the way of melee damage. Probably not much for ranged damage, either, considering that his only weapon is essentially a manually-cranked batcable. Luckily he has quite a few spells and abilities to use, so that he won't have to try and slap people to death.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: April 25, 2010, 02:32:14 pm »

No. We start at level 4. But you'll need to speak to Neruz about your fancy race/template/whatever it is, to find out how many of those levels are class levels.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: April 25, 2010, 02:32:39 pm »

Wait, I want to clarify this, since I only have a plus 2 template, and we get 4, I remember I get two HD from class. Does that effectively make me level 2? cause if so I have some more skill points to allot.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: April 25, 2010, 02:34:20 pm »

If you got two class hit dice, then yes you're level two.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: April 25, 2010, 02:34:34 pm »

You are effectively level 2. You get 2d8 hp, plus the hit dice from your 2 class levels. You get skill points from 2 class levels. You are considered a level 4 character (for the purposes of gaining exp) with 2 class levels and 2 HD (the d8's ONLY provide hp).

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:41 pm »

Yeah. I figured. Can't wait to get second tier spells then. Next level!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: April 25, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »

Oh! that's how it works! Adding some HP, now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: April 25, 2010, 03:15:42 pm »

Wasn't there a game going on today? No IP has been changed in Nerzu's signature and it's 16 minutes late, here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:52 pm »

I think we may be starting an hour later for some reason now, keep watching.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 25, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »

Barbarossa cancels play DnD: No IP at the appointed hour.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: April 25, 2010, 04:01:11 pm »

I'd hit refresh every couple minutes... Neruz tends to be less than strictly punctual before he has coffee. And he gets his coffee after he launches the server. So... yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 177