Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88483 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2310 on: April 05, 2010, 10:55:28 pm »

Ah, cheer up, Pelor says hi.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, yeah. He's dead, isn't he?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:54 pm »

Oh hey, i forgot to add the trap XP to that encounter.

It was actually 175 XP, not 125.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 06, 2010, 09:19:55 pm »

So how is everyone enjoying 4e? I'm curious, in part because i feel bad about the whole transition. I'll be honest; i really don't hate 3.5 that much, i was just feeling really sick and generally sad at that point and i targeted my upsetness at 3.5.

I know there was alot of resistance to the edition change, so i want to know how you all think it's going; ovbiously you're still working on the rules, so a 'need more time' answer is fine, but i feel it's only fair to tell you that i did overreact a bit to 3.5 there, i also handled the Kobold area very poorly, and for that i apologise too; i fell into the vengeful DM mindset, i really should know better.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 06, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »

I like 4e.

Also, the Monk may like to know that there is a way for him to travel insane distances at level 3.
All he needs are some peasants.
See, 4e is broken slightly too.

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 06, 2010, 09:40:05 pm »

No system is perfect Akig :P

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 06, 2010, 09:49:13 pm »

I know, I prefer 4e because It's mostly broken in brilliant ways, like the monk-cannons that thread starts suggesting.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 06, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »

Eh, I like 4e, but I figure that 3.5 and 4 are both fun. If I had to choose, as a player, I'd go 3.5, but I can understand how it gets frustrating as a DM.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 06, 2010, 10:26:44 pm »

I like 4e for the fighters, 3.5 for the familiarity.

It'd have been nice to learn 4e first.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 06, 2010, 11:30:14 pm »

Like i said; i approached the situation the wrong way, it was my fault and i accept responsibility.

But if everyone is enjoying 4e, thas cool.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:49 pm »

Nah neruz, its cool. I mean, I can't really be picky with the DM who's put up with me so far, and taught me everything I know about DnD.

I say we play as far as we can, and if people feel disgruntled, we move from there.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:17 am »

Eh its okay, if it means progressing forward rather than idling while creatures are being made I guess it was a good switch.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 07, 2010, 12:29:28 pm »

Personally I liked 3.5 WAY better; 4e feels more like "move, roll attack, roll damage DONE" compared to 3.5's endless books and customization (which I like).

However, it might just be that I'm only level one in 4e, so I will do my best to reserve judgement on 4e for a couple more weeks or so. But if it came to a vote I'd go back to 4e and do the western marches from Monsbaiya.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 07, 2010, 02:53:31 pm »

I prefer 3.5e more for its obscenely high amounts of classes, abilities, equipment, and things of that nature. 4e has always felt a bit too watered down for me, but as long as it doesn't get ridiculous I'm fine with the way things are.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:22 pm »

Wait. Fewer, more condensed, classes, all of which have something useful to offer at all stages of play, feels watered down compared to 3.5's stupidly huge percentage of classes that are absolutely worthless after level 6?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:37 pm »

Wait. Fewer, more condensed, classes, all of which have something useful to offer at all stages of play, feels watered down compared to 3.5's stupidly huge percentage of classes that are absolutely worthless after level 6?

That's MOSTLY because in the sea of shit you'll find some gems. Here it's like going to a really small store. Sure all their games are awesome, but they only have like ten, so it's a bit underwhelming.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 177