Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88569 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2115 on: March 24, 2010, 03:03:34 pm »

Would it be okay to take a regional feat? I have the appropriate race for it, but since we're in a new world... yeah.

(oh right, need to make up my new background too... maybe I'll put a bit of settlement-building in there too, but I'll leave everything but the immediate surroundings up to Neruz to create)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 24, 2010, 03:09:47 pm »

Well, I don't think Ancient Greece would be as much fun as a random world. Though...now that I think about it, casters, if they worked with everyone, could be somewhat useful.  Still think an animal companion bard might have been fun. hehe.

Oh, and what uh classes do the new skills like perception use?

As well, what are traits and flaws?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:23:48 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 24, 2010, 04:10:56 pm »

Spoiler: Settlement's Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loenae's backstory (click to show/hide)

Whew! Man, was that writing-intensive or what. Anyway, that's my proposed starting location for our little group. Any chance we could use the proximity to the forest as "came from the region of the high forest", for purposes of qualifying for regional feats?

@Jervous: read here. Traits are small bonus/penalty combos, and flaws are drawbacks that you can take to get a free feat.

My sheet is in the same place, but with some adjustments... I'll change Combat Expertise out for Fleet of Foot if I can qualify for the region.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:55:53 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 24, 2010, 04:44:32 pm »

No, I won't read there. Muahahaha!

Spoiler: Aline's Backstory (click to show/hide)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 24, 2010, 05:44:00 pm »

Screw it. New guy. The old elf thing can burn.

Spoiler: Aramis (click to show/hide)

Shall put up bio when I think of one. Also, since my wisdom is too low to do the Paladin magic that doesn't exist perhaps I could exchange it for a feat?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:39:11 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 24, 2010, 07:18:45 pm »

I was thinking of starting in a smallish settlement, of various races, with mountains to the north, maybe water to the east, and the rest is flaaaaaaat.

Neruz, is it possible to use the Weapon Finesse feat (and 15 int of course) as the prerequisite for tactical combat? Since it is so similar...

Weapon Finesse is for Dexterity, not Imtelligence.

Considering that AC now represents how hard you are to physically make contact with though, i'll let Weapon Finesse apply to all melee weapons. For balance purposes though i can't make Dex apply to damage rolls as well; as that puts too many things on Dex.

I'm still waiting on a yea nay on thri-kreen or if we'll have to make changes to it so I can play him at first level, otherwise I'll be going dwarf.

It'll be a Nay user, due to the starting level.

(oh right, need to make up my new background too... maybe I'll put a bit of settlement-building in there too, but I'll leave everything but the immediate surroundings up to Neruz to create)

You guys get to pick the immediate 'feel' of your surroundings, desert, forest etc, as well as a sort of general summary of the world itself. I'll fill in the details.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 24, 2010, 07:23:22 pm »

Remember gies, your starting HP is Con Score + Max HD

So Bob, the Fighter with 14 Con, starts with 14 + 10 (cause fighters have a D10 Hit Dice) HP, or 24 HP.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 24, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »

You guys get to pick the immediate 'feel' of your surroundings, desert, forest etc, as well as a sort of general summary of the world itself. I'll fill in the details.

So... is that a 'yes' on the regional feats thing?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:18 pm »

So... is that a 'yes' on the regional feats thing?

I've never had any reason to assume that regional feats are unbalanced, so if you have justification for your regional feats, sure.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 24, 2010, 07:54:37 pm »

Hmm... Not sure how well it fits in with the world, but here's Aramis' backstory.

Spoiler: Aramis (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

I'm not sure if CJ got the first post of the homebrew for his character.

Decided to go with that variant ranger, simply because it fits the char better.

Spoiler: Joh (click to show/hide)

DM, You mentioned free items. Can I claim either the longsword or the hammer as belonging to a parent, and taken from their body?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:46:41 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:31 pm »

My background still works. Short, simple, and gives plenty of reason as to why he's exploring.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 24, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

DM, You mentioned free items. Can I claim either the longsword or the hammer as belonging to a parent, and taken from their body?

If you can write a nice backstory that explains why you have that particular item.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:46 pm »

man its so lame I'm going to miss friday's game. Hopefully i will be able to make it to sundays, even if that one is shorter now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:53 pm »

Here is Rangaroc's sheet, complete with flaw and trait descriptions.

Spoiler: Improved Backstory! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:33:26 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 177