Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88582 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2070 on: March 23, 2010, 03:52:39 pm »

Here's my porported monk Neruz. I made him just pure monk at this point, dunno about all this gesalt business.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

though a animal companion bard might have been cool.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:20:53 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 23, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

So are we doing 28-point buy again, or switching to a roll-it-up?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:55 pm »

point buy would be my best guess. Let me work up a backstory for my monk here. Oh and hey, we get vow of poverty bonuses without having to actually do the vow of poverty! Hehe. Save monks still dont' wear armor so...

Backstory:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:05:06 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 23, 2010, 04:12:12 pm »

I'll fix the messed-up skills later
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 23, 2010, 04:27:03 pm »

If you want to take the vow of poverty feat and you have to deal with low food, invest in the survival skill. It's not in-class for monks, but the DC to feed yourself is only 15 and you should have decent wisdom...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 23, 2010, 04:33:07 pm »

16 for me. and I think in the thing it said we got vow of poverty for free, like all the stuff without actually having to have the vow of poverty.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 23, 2010, 04:39:22 pm »

Is there any way I can edit a race with +1 LA so that it'd be a valid race for a lvl 1 char?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 23, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »

Yeah, that too. We really need Neruz to show up and clrify how we're making our new characters.

Gestalt? Free vow of poverty? Starting monies? Enforced encumbrance, hunger, sleeping?
And it'd be really cool to have a more society-based plot, instead of 'here's 2 hours of exposition and shopping, now go back out into the wilderness and bumble around like idiots again'.

Also, we need a city-based mission somewhere around level 7 or so. My sneaking skills keep going unused.

@Jervous: try looking around for a racial class
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:14 pm »

Hrrm. I would like some more RP potential spots, as opposed to being "No, lets not just randomly go and slaughter things."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:44 pm »

Jervous: Try taking off any (sp) abilities, if they have any. That would be a start.

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 23, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Catfolk_(3.5e_Race)

They've really got only one ability, Cat Empathy. Am I allowed to take away racial stats?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 23, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

For them, halving the dex bonus to +2, and adding a -2 penalty to either str or wis should be enough. -2 Wis makes to most sense with the fluff on that page. But I'd await Neruzeseses verdict on it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 23, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »

Given the changes i'm planning on atm, i don't think we'll bother with the tier system or with Gestalt characters.

I will let you take Flaws though, if you want to.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 23, 2010, 09:20:51 pm »

An idea I had during Biology earlier - What if when casting spells, instead of failing and blowing your innards out, you just took (X)d8 damage, when X=Spell level.

Spell casting could still be dangerous, and magic could still exist. (albeit as a VERY dangerous course of action.)

Anyway, my character.

Spoiler: Rangaroc (click to show/hide)

I'm going to be a Warforged Barbarian, and hopefully one with feelings and stuff. I never liked magic, and I liked dexterity-based combat even less. Only a good round of fisticuffs suits me.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 23, 2010, 09:23:51 pm »

So no chance of my thri-kreen friend? Or we could just take out alot of the bonus's?
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 177