Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88657 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2055 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:56 pm »

actually If I get a plus 3 intelligence, that gets me 36 skillpoints

20 in spellcraft lets me cast level 2 spells, then 5 more each level, out of 9, gets me to 60 DC, by level 9. And since I can only cast level 6 spells, we'd still be able to have a healer!

I also thought about druid, but... no magic kind of kills it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 23, 2010, 01:41:16 pm »

I think spellcraft is getting nerfed (i.e. pretty much veto'd) along with all the other magic. Also, apparently a druid with no magic is still tier 3, because Wild Shape just kicks that much ass.

Maybe someone should be a bow-ranger with one level of druid, be a human for the spare feat, and then morph yourself into a monkey and do some ludicrous bow damage.

And why do rogues only get one in-class Knowledge skill? Seems odd to me that a class focused around sneaking into castles would know a thing or two about, say, how to build a castle, where windows are likely to be located, what kind of terrain a castle should be placed on and how it would affect one's escape... they might even know a thing or two about the nobility, to figure out who can be bribed to affect a clean escape, and who would rat you out...

Please please please to bear these arguments in mind when deciding whether to partial gestalt us or not...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:00:24 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 23, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

Oh, we're going with low magic? Awwww..

Low magic is no magic for me so I guess I'll be a...guy. Or something. I don't know yet.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 23, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »

Hmm. If we're going with low-magic, I think I'd go with a young Elf Druid who is actually a fighter because Druids are shit who gathers his fellow elves to find a new home or something?

Or I'll be the love-child of Gimli and Oghren. The dwarfiest dwarf since Ironblood first took a bite of crumpet.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 23, 2010, 02:43:18 pm »

Well, I'd have to talk to neruz, but I don't think a Bard gets very many "oh crap I just broke everything" kind of spells, in fact, they really don't, so I think he'd be amendable to it. Otherwise we have no healer...and that'll take a whole long time to heal our wounds.

And what's vow of poverty? never heard of it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:47:55 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 23, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

It's from the exalted book, it basically gives you a set of handy-dandy features at level ups, lemme go look it up... (also your wussy-pussy healing spells, I feel, should be just as outlawed as the wussy-pussy burning hands and magic missile stuff)

It's stuff like... at level 1, you get +4 AC, at level 2 you get a spare exalted feat, at level 3 your AC bonus is 5 and you get Endure Elements, at level 4 you get a +1 unarmed strike (considered magic for DR) and another spare exalted feat, and by level 19/20 you have bonuses to four ability scores (+8, +6, +4, +2) and true seeing and a 5 natural armor and 15 energy resistance against all elements and you heal by the hour instead of the day and your inherent armor bonus is +10 even if you're naked and you've got a total of 10 bonus exalted feats, plus a few other things.

Normally the Vow of Poverty is hard to deal with because you aren't allowed to own anything besides a plain robe, a waterskin, and one day worth of rations, and you have to actually be exalted.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:14:22 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:48 pm »

Can I somehow fit in with my catfolk character T_T

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:27 pm »

If you make a catfolk and I make a dwarf, this will only end in tears...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »

Exhaulted is hard, but vow of poverty seems less trouble when your a monk and your hands are your deadly weapon. Though with only one days ration, that might be hard.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:18 pm »

You could have a mule owned by another character carry food specifically for you, and only have a day's ration on you at any given time.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 23, 2010, 03:27:56 pm »

hrrm. Perhaps. That could work.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:31:27 pm by tehstefan »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 23, 2010, 03:33:59 pm »

Gah... this shouldn't be here.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

No it would not work!
Vow of Poverty prevents you from even taking stuff from someone.
You have to beg random people for scraps.
Even if you get your hands on gold you have to give to the poor!
There are NO workarounds exalted feats.
If you break your vow, it's GONE, and you can't get it back.
BUT exalted don't need to drink and eat (level 5)
And breathe (level 10)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 23, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »

Oh wow. So, I just have to get to level five real quick!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 23, 2010, 03:47:14 pm »

Oh wait, Catfolk have level adjustment..damn it :(
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 177