Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88654 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #2040 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:16 am »

Spoiler: Backstoreh! (click to show/hide)

I'm going to try aiming for a more cohesive party this time around. You guys need to get together and decide why you're all together, what kind of world are you on? Where did you come from? You guys get to decide the overarching concepts (We are a band of Dwarves from a newly established Dwarven Kingdom seeking to expand it's borders and strike the earth! The world we found ourselves upon is large, with heavy gravity and lots of hot deserts interspaced by thick jungle where the rains fall!) and i'll flesh out the details.

This campaign will be run West Marches style, with numerous other rules that are still up in the air. Note that while i'm tentatively willing to accept wierd races like Thri-kreen and whatnot, i'd much prefer if you guys kept it to at least vaguely human-like characters.

Discuss.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 23, 2010, 06:14:25 am »

Hmmm, I do love kreen...

Lawful good would be simple, do what your told, always help the plot hook...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 23, 2010, 06:18:55 am »

Alignment is probably not going to be a huge issue, so long as everyone is at least of relatively similar alignments.

I intend to adapt the 'upgrade' system i had for the Dawn into a 'Castle' system for you guys to eventually clear our and claim an appropriate bit of turf, perhaps even eventually carving out a small realm of your own. But mostly you're going to be out in the wilds away from civilization, expanding the frontier, so specific alignment isn't too much of an issue.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:22 am »

Alternately, another thought just occured to me; if everyone plays monsterous races that's fine too. I'm just asking for some sort of sense of cohesion in the party.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 23, 2010, 07:03:31 am »

Because I'm not a player (yet?)
I'll post ideas to grab for somebody else:
A group of elves lived in their homelands. Far from the continent, a huge island filled with trees was a great place for elves to inhabit. But ages passed. Gods died. And so did the land. The elves couldn't do anything to prevent the death of the planet, let alone their beautifull island. Now it's a barren desert. Huge scorpions and maddened cultists roam the land. Elves. Once forest beings, now creatures of sand. The wood is so scare, that bows were forgotten, and nets and bolases are far more common. Sand elves are nomads, living from oazis to oazis. But water is running short. If they don't find their promised land, they will all die.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 23, 2010, 08:10:38 am »

Desert elves sound cool, but they're elves.

@Shoruke- You realize that the change to half-casters would make paladins into fighters with less feats and a pretty mount, right?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13:54 am »

Where possible, i'll swap half-casters into martial forms. Complete Warrior has fully martial Rangers and Pallies iirc.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 23, 2010, 09:42:42 am »

(I hadn't meant that list of changes to be exhaustive, or for all of them to be implemented, or even for the list to use the numbers I posted; that was an exercise in "I'm going to throw some ideas at Neruz and see if they bounce off him or stick")

I think I'll play a chaotic good fire elf rogue.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:38:04 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47:37 am »

A remote colony of formians find the world outside their nest has changed without warning. From precise mechanical perfection into an endless marsh littered with the corpses of innumerable armies from ages past. Somehow even those who were outside of the nes also came to this place, but their slaves had all vanished. And worst of all, the queen's mind was somehow struck by the change, and seems to no longer be sentient. Scouts returned with news of two groups nearby. A large tribe of thri-kreen and a horde of slaadi and undead. Out of desperation, the formians have made an alliance with the thri-kreen and have been defending against constant attacks ever since. The only hope is that one of the teams sent out might uncover the source of the endless supply of enemies or find some powerful entity to help them. Or that the strange magical residue that seems to be randomly restoring life might somehow be controlled...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 23, 2010, 09:49:51 am »

(personally I think you should post your character's attitude, too, but that's just me... do you know what class you're using yet?)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:49 am »

Well if I can still do my kreen... we still doing that tier thing? Any chance that we could mayhaps alter some of the stuff for kreen (like drop deflect arrows to drop the int penalty?). I'd like to do fighter and ninja so I can take advantage of his jumping ability but having to spread stats out over 4 primary stats kinda sucks.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 23, 2010, 12:33:29 pm »

I suppose our motivation could be to carve out a decent-sized chunks of land of our own.

Going for a pretty straight forward Human ranger.

Spoiler: Bakstoree (click to show/hide)

Yes, I'm having him start the game in the same village as shorukes char, I think it could make a decent place to start from for us.

How the heck are we actually going to build characters?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 23, 2010, 12:43:20 pm »

Are we doing the gestalt tiers thing, to make our characters suitably heroic?

-If not, here's Loenae.
-if so, I'll just mod him

(also, I made some subtle changes to my backstory, go re-read it if you think my character is named <insert name here> or that he's an architect)

Also, how much money do we start with?
Are we still un-enforcing encumbrance/ sleeping arrangements?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:21:46 pm by shoruke »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 23, 2010, 12:47:02 pm »

Cool. I think I know who that "group of adventurers" are. Heh.

But this means no clerics for meee! Maybe I'll go bard...Or Monk!

Which you guys think? Bard can heal people, when he gets enough Spellcraft, but a Monk would be a fun twist.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:18:56 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 23, 2010, 01:23:01 pm »

Bards use arcane magic... so, same as for wizards, you'd probably kill yourself trying to warm up your coffee. As for monk, if we get the "everyone can haz free benefits of Vow of Poverty", you're basically set.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 177