Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88670 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1995 on: March 21, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »

Just restart the server neruz...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 21, 2010, 04:42:52 pm »

There's something weird going on with my router, actually. Apparently my dad's cellphone screwed it up, so he's gonna restart it in 2 mins.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 21, 2010, 04:52:49 pm »

My shopping list:

Broadblade shortsword: +1 wounding
ring of freedom of movement
ring of protection +1
+2 amulet health
cloak resist +2
handy haversack
headband intellect +2
Ioun stone: dusty rose prism
gloves dex +2
3 lvl 1 pearls of power
identify monocle
10 cure light wounds potions
mage armour + shield bracers

40000 58375
2000 60375
4000 64"
4000 68"
2" 70"
4" 74"
5" 79"
4" 83"
3"   86"
4320 90695
500 91195
8500 99695
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:12 pm »

I'm going to have to manually make my Gestalt Fighter/Monk, as Pathguy doesn't let you level up twice at once.

Still, Rangaroc will have twice the stopping power Sinistar ever had.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 21, 2010, 11:39:22 pm »

Hopefully he'll be available for healing, too. The only craft check I've got is bookbinding... and that's not going to be any help if you, say, blindly teleport into an elevator shaft and get the bridge dropped on you.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:58 am »

I'm hoping someone will be rolling a rogue.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:03 am »

I could post Eosri's sheet, if it'd help... oh hell, here's the important stuff.

-be a fire elf... +2 int, +2 dex, 0 LA, it screams rogue... and you can use the free stats to buy back your con, since you won't have to spend full points on any stat (unless you REALLY like your dex score or something)
-3 level dip in swashbuckler, to get free weapon finesse and Insightful Strike (add int bonus to damage), balance this out with Daring Outlaw for max sneak attack dice.
-Deft Strike. It has some feat prerequisite (combat expertise), but it basically nullifies armor (natural and equipped)
-Acrobatic Backstab skill trick. Make a DC 25 tumble check, and the enemy is flat footed.
-1 level dip in Thief Acrobat to stand as a free action that doesn't provoke, and also to tumble at full speed without penalty (mix this with acrobatic backstab, obviously)
-Buy a mithral shirt. Not a mithral chain shirt, a mithral shirt. It has a high max dex bonus and 0 AC penalty. Also it costs a paltry 1100 gp.
-remember that SNEAK ATTACK DICE ARE YOUR FRIEEEEEND
-Extreme Leap, Walk the Walls, and Wall Jumper are useful skill tricks for getting around, and they only cost 2 skill points each

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 22, 2010, 01:20:07 am »

I have news!

My extensive DMing experience is throwing off warning bells left right and center; this game is reaching the turning point (at level 12, which is about expected) where the amount of work required from me outweighs the enjoyment i actually get from running it. This is a bad sign as it means that it's time to wrap this game up.

Now, i like the story i have going here and with a bit of repurposing there's plenty we can do with it, ideas range from the simple "again from level 1" to the complex "again from level 1 with low-magic modifications" to the controversial "4e!".

Discuss.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 22, 2010, 02:05:33 am »

I put a vote in for 4e, since it isn't as retardedly broken as 3.5, and also make a suggestion.

Start again from level one, with our old characters. Remember them?
Nernas was there, as was the first incarnation of Galali. Daedris was also there, as was a pre-op Calladskor and some cleric called Vomu Ad.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:56 am »

Hehe Vomu. He was fun. I was learning the ropes with that guy, and bad fort saves killed him. DX.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 22, 2010, 03:25:27 am »

In the interests of promoting 4e, I re-made Galali as a Greatweapon Fighter. It took less then 45 minutes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 22, 2010, 05:55:58 am »

I would probably rather play some sort of spellcaster, but I am happy to continue the role of damage absorber...

I do, however, not possess the books. so someone else would need to make my character for me...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:41 am »

C'mon RAM. It's the internet. Everything can happen here.

I'm not a player, but I would love to spectate in a game of 4e.
Or, play. If someone quits. But I doubt that.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:47 am »

Bleh...I'd rather not play 4e...I know nothing about it and I don't feel like...'getting' the rulebooks. But if you guys wanna play it, it's fine.

As for starting over, I'd rather play a different character. Maybe we could have epilogues for our characters for now, and then start on whatever your new campaign was.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 22, 2010, 08:19:19 am »

I'd rather not do 4e (yet), but I'd be fine with a restart. This campaign is just getting ridiculously overpowered and (apparently) difficult to set up.

Also, adventures are more fun when you have to struggle for life WITHOUT 100000gp of equipment.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 177