Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88680 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1965 on: March 20, 2010, 10:47:22 am »

We went to a seaside town for a bit, and now it's a free world and we can upgrade our ship and all that

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 20, 2010, 01:24:42 pm »

I think that it's a pretty damn fine ring... but on the other hand we are
a) no longer at a shop, and
b) skint broke

Anyone else got a usable craft skill?
We are still at the lake and thus at the shop, I probably will get the ring though I'll look at other items first just in case.
edit: also question, with multiwield can I use two bows at once?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:14:05 pm by userpay »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 20, 2010, 04:25:34 pm »

Ya there already spells that function like that, they arn't very good till high levels but they seem balanced to me.
Wall of Iron is one most don't think about much for "wealth from thin-air".

Also Fabricate when you realize the oddness with Eschew Materials.
hmm gaining psychic warrior stuff with the fighter fix's abilities? I think I might just start a new character afterall, the dwarfs earned his rest. Would the fighter fix's two weapon stuff get changed to multi weapon perchance?

Nope, sorry, Multiweapon fighting is a different tree, i believe you can find it in Savage Species. There are limits.
as a point of order "Multiweapon Fighting" feats are functionally identical to the similar "two-weapon fighting" feats in e'ery way except that the MWF line states you get one offhand per extra hand, and requires more than three arms (which is odd, because it is possible to reach 3+ weapons without this)

Otherwise the rules under MWF actually state
Quote from: Special
This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.
as do the latter two feats, which, note, are under "nonepic general feats" with same effecti'e prerequisites as their "two-weapon" brethren and add iterati'e attacks like them.
How do you feel about people using bracers of continuous use mage armour?
...those're called "bracers of armor"  ::) they're in the SRD.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 20, 2010, 09:13:56 pm »

You can, yes. Although again you suffer all the usual penalties for fighting with two weapons, and as bows are not light weapons that means you cop the -4.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 20, 2010, 10:44:10 pm »

Here's hoping we find an abandoned temple filled with gold coins and stuff on our first raid.

Time to practice my mapmaking and navigational skills...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:56 pm »

You can, yes. Although again you suffer all the usual penalties for fighting with two weapons, and as bows are not light weapons that means you cop the -4.
I guess the oversized weapons feat technecally wouldn't let it count for light? Consider hand crossbows? Or would light crossbows count as a light weapon? Anyway just gotta settle on items and maybe some skill stuff.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 20, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

I guess the oversized weapons feat technecally wouldn't let it count for light? Consider hand crossbows? Or would light crossbows count as a light weapon? Anyway just gotta settle on items and maybe some skill stuff.

Bows are not one-handed, so no.

Heavy\Light crossbows have special notes in their description that say that you can shoot (but not load) them one-handed, and you can dual wield them one handed, Heavy xbows are one-handed weapons, light xbows are light weapons. So oversized TWF will let you fire a pair of Heavy Xbows with only a -2 penalty.

You could also fire (but not load) 4 Heavy Xbows at once, but that would be a total -6 penalty, as firing a heavy xbow with 1 hand nets a -4 penalty all on it's own.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 20, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »

easy solution: hand crossbows!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 21, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

Still run into the reload problem I think. Regardless wielding two crossbows and being able to load at the same time would be great, light crossbows + rapid reload anyone? I might just put my plan for shield feats off... very tempting.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 21, 2010, 01:21:10 am »

We need to find you 4 of those crossbow's that Nernas got back at level 2 or 3... the one that shoots lightning and doesn't need to reload.

And in Stars of Arvandor, and maybe a shot of Cat's Grace, and you'll basically turn into Wind God Gau.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 21, 2010, 01:24:10 am »

The DM might want you to take quickdraw to justify changing main hand weapon, but if you had 4 repeating crossbows then you could keep switching which one was in your main hand so that they all run out of ammo at the same time, it should be good for 3 solid rounds worth of bolt spam...

Or you could try rapid reload with light crossbows, depending upon the interpretation you could probably use 2 or three crossbows and keep a hand free for reloading...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 21, 2010, 01:24:26 am »

Still run into the reload problem I think.

Yep. You need 2 hands to reload a crossbow, no exceptions.

iirc, there's a feat or paragon path somewhere that lets you reload a hand crossbow with 1 hand, but that's about it.

You need 2 hands to operate a repeating crossbow too RAM.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 21, 2010, 02:26:03 am »

Oh, yes, my mistake, you get rapid reload and use 3 hand crossbows then...

Small question, I was being silly previously suggesting that divine crusaders would craft items at obscenely low caster levels, but it occurs to me that Ur priests would actually be kind of appropriate in a setting in which the humans had gone to war with gods. So can we get out gear crafted by Ur-priests?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 21, 2010, 03:55:15 am »

Are there any problems with any of the following items?

Arms of mage's protection.
Arm slot
Right bracer: Armour symbool
Left Bracer: Shield symbol
Permanently grants the effects of mage armour and shield spells while both are worn.
8500gp, casterlevel 1.(assuming we multiply hour/level spells here...)

Mask of visions
Face slot
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance 3/day CL5
$16200

Assessors Monocle
face slot
Identify 2/day CL3

Sword Filled with Spiders
Slotless
continuous spiritual weapon
48000 CL3

Expeditious boots
foot slot
+30 enhancement bonus to land speed
4000 CL1

Mouse Band
Belt slot
continuous reduce person
4000 CL1

Broadblade shortsword: +1 wounding
Complete Adventurer
1d4, 19+, 3lb, Piercing, Light exotic melee weapon. +2 dodge AC when fighting defensively, using 2+ combat expertise, or when using total defense action.

Or vests with bonuses to multiple rogue or athletic skills...
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 21, 2010, 04:21:28 am »

Oh, yes, my mistake, you get rapid reload and use 3 hand crossbows then...

Small question, I was being silly previously suggesting that divine crusaders would craft items at obscenely low caster levels, but it occurs to me that Ur priests would actually be kind of appropriate in a setting in which the humans had gone to war with gods. So can we get out gear crafted by Ur-priests?

If you can find one.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 177