Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88781 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1665 on: March 06, 2010, 12:43:30 am »

This was after... ah, two hours, give or take 13 minutes, of being pulled along by my nose hairs about levelling up before next session, so I wouldn't have to game while editing my character.

You'll excuse me for murdering your cat's CR 0.01 avatar, I'm sure, especially in the name of saving my own hide (which would be justification enough), those of my teammates, not to mention Kar and Taela who is the Last of Her Kind.

Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing here?

Anyway, I'll have my sheet updated sometime tomorrow probably.

EDIT: Actually, quick and easy level. Good thing I didn't have to do it while gaming though, or I might have lost track of my massive number of skill points partway through. My sheet's in the same place as always.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:06:11 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 06, 2010, 01:11:58 am »

Floofies? Are we on the same planet?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 06, 2010, 01:32:07 am »

Nope, we've got Smeerps
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:12 pm »

Can I get some feedback on that feat I posted?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 06, 2010, 01:55:51 pm »

10% of your daily spellcasting potential... for access to a whole flippin bunch of spells (and make a bunch of skills in-class for you)? Seems a little unbalanced to me... if you really, REALLY need a spell or two from another discipline, there's an app a feat for that.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 06, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »

Would change it to "manifesting stat 17" - all feats have odd prereqs. It's wht makes 'em nonuseless.
shoruke: As written, it just lets him access the list for when he le'els up, not adding them immediately to "powers known". and that skill thing I suppose.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 06, 2010, 08:56:27 pm »

There is no way in hell a feat to get a second discipline is ever going to be balanced.

iirc, there was a prestige class released in one of the Dragon magazines that granted a second discipline to Psions, it required you to jump through a bunch of hoops, and was otherwise pretty meh, but that single class feature made it the keystone for some of the few truely broken Psionic builds. (Most 'broken' Psionic builds are actually results of misinterpreting the rules.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 06, 2010, 08:56:50 pm »

But really, what did I miss? Did we take out the Isle of Impasse?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 06, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »

So, what's the average level?

All you missed was a random dungeon, where EVERY SINGLE DOOR was stuck.
Things that happened:
Galali, Nernas and Kerrel entered some twisty passages.
Nernas summoned the worlds most useless giant centipede to deal with CR2 bugs.
After it failed, they got owned by my tentacles.
Kerrel left.
Enson arrived.
After trying every door, and finding that they were all stuck, we smashed one down and fell into a pit.
We wondered around, Oedith turned up, and we found a room with a shallow pit.
Eorsi showed up, and almost got set on fire three times before trying to make a Disable Device check.
Galali accidentally went into the pit, because every door was stuck, almost died.
LATER
Kerrel came back.
Kerrel fell down a 100 foot pit with spikes, but the spikes failed to hurt him, and he survived the fall.
People killed ants, I summoned a Troll, Kerrel complianed, then went eathreal and started to walk up.
I tried to hop over the pit, rolled a 5, fell 100 feet onto two spikes, instantly hit -16 hp. For some reason, Kerrel hadn't healed me, despite me asking a couple of times.
The ants were finished off, my corpse was looted by Kerrel, then DM suggested going back to the PLOT.
A couple of people left.
Remaining three wondered around, killed some bugs, found a giant chasm. Killed a cat.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:38:54 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:00 pm »

Well, I think that I'll be the only one at level 8 soon.

I might be late tomorrow, but I'll certainly be there at some point.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »

Hmm... if we dunked Sinistar in magma to melt away all the fleshy-like bits, then waited a while for him to cool, could he be worn as armor?

We'll wait for him to hit level 20 and max out Warforged Juggernaut, then we'll let Oedith wear him (since he's the only meleer who's big enough... then again, he's probably magic enough to shrink down to Enson-size)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 06, 2010, 11:40:38 pm »

Okay, now what's the gold I get for this char?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 06, 2010, 11:59:39 pm »

I don't plan on becoming a set of enchanted armor. Although the idea of a solid adamantine set of imbued plate with six foot spikes is hilarious.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 07, 2010, 01:53:41 am »

I wasn't being serious, Barb, it's just a hypothetical what-if scenario. You would make the world's most bitchinest suit of armor ever.

In other news, I just read a short list of fantasy pranks and now I want to find a city with an intrigue-based sideplot  so that I can mislead and humiliate peoples. Eosri enjoys himself a good laugh  8)
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 177