Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88386 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 08:32:32 pm »

I should be to fit in with those times.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:22 pm »

Ok, so if we assume a start time of 20:00 GMT what days can people make? Saturday looks like the most likely candidate.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 10:34:17 pm »

Can't make it at that time this Saturday.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 10:51:17 pm »

How about other days?

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:55:08 pm »

Sunday is fine, not sure about next week, I'll have to check on Wednesday.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:58:07 pm »

So how does 20:00 GMT on Sunday work for everyone else?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 11:47:09 pm »

Depends, my weekend schedule fluctuates alot, but probrably. You cut me off (completely or add me in in some other session, whatever works best) if I don't get on in time.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 12:26:20 am »

Additionally, assuming the 20:00 GMT Sunday time works, what kind of gaem do you guys want to be a part of? Heavy RP, Lite RP, Heavy Combat, Lite Combat, Intrigue, Puzzle Solving, Beat-The-Pants-Off-The-Orc, Epic World-Changing Story, Help-I'm-Stuck-In-The-Basement?

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 12:47:03 am »

Heavy RP, Lite Combat, Intrigue, Puzzle Solving, Epic World-Changing Story, Help-I'm-Stuck-In-The-Basement?
These. As long as XP is awarded for non-combat situations (talking your way past some guards, etc.)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 01:00:29 am »

XP is awarded for overcoming challenges and completing goals. "Off with his head" is one way of overcoming a challenge, as is "I'm the king's brother now let me through."

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 01:14:19 am »

i have,to my knowledge,never played a tabletop roleplaying game before,although i understand the basic etiquette and whatnot. GMT -3 here,as i lack any knowledge in dnd rules i cannot participate this round,but depending on my offtime at work i would be interested if you decide to continue this again.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 02:09:48 am »

I think it should be not rp lite, but not hardcore. More of a mix. As for plot, its definately got to be epic. Everything's better when its world changingly so.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:22 am »

I am used to combat heavy RP lite and don't expect to be all that effective at RP but I am happy to give anything a try. What resources can we use? Just the SRD?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 03:38:01 am »

Anything officially published, and if you've got homebrew stuff you want to use shoot a copy my way, so long as it's not "This spell wins the game" i'll probably okay it. Just keep in mind that i'm all about the fun of the game and that i probably have more system-fu than you do, so anyone rocking up with any infinite loops is going to find that the NPC's can use infinite loops too, and they're better at it than you are :P

Otherwise, if you want to do something crazy and silly, go for it. I'll adjust the encounters (which include non-combat encounters) and NPC behaviour appropriately.

Nordic dorf i'm intending to run this for at least several months, possibly substantially longer. Odds are the group will break apart before i run out of things to throw you guys into.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:31:48 am »

Also looks like i'll be doing an even mix of fite\arpee, with epic world-sweeping storylines.

Just a note, how serious do you guys want the story to be? I've just found a story i wrote about two years back which i reckon would be goddamn brilliant to run as a DnD campaign, but it's not exactly what you'd call serious. Huge, epic and world-sweeping yes, but more Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy epic than Lord of the Rings epic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 177