Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 89061 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #1020 on: January 04, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »

If i see people trying to cheat the system by taking advantage of those runes (which had the intended function of allowing you to enchant your favorite weapon) then i'll start enforcing carrying capacity (and since all the runes were in Nermus's backpack, they're all gone.)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 04, 2010, 09:09:57 pm »

Yeah, lets not do that. Okay? Besides, I luckily brought five of the runes each in Vomu's backpack, and they were given back to me. So I have like 4, due to enchanting my stuff.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 04, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »

And besides, selling the runes directly should be worth more...

Any chance I could find out what the future did to my weapons and armour? I kind of want to know before I do anything silly like reforging them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 04, 2010, 09:59:21 pm »

I've got some of those runes still to, nermus wasn't the only one who grabbed some.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:01 pm »

I have tons of runes aswell.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 04, 2010, 10:56:58 pm »

Are my item choices (wings of flying and shard of the sun) okay? I'll trade in my holy/holy twinsword +2/+2 for the talisman of pure good.

Actually, that still looks too expensive. Instead, I'd like the shard of the sun and trade my holy twinsword in for the wings of flying.

Hopefully this makes me a bit more effective  ::)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:10:55 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 04, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »

Hence my carrying capacity comment; the runes are about 4 inches long and 3 wide, and half an inch thick, near solid stone.

So you're looking at about 15 lbs per rune. And where exactly have you been keeping them all? They're not small.

Like i said, i'm fine with Hammerspace Inventories and ignoring Carrying Capacity, but if i see you lot taking advantage of that to carry around loads of runes so you can sell them, i'll have to enforce it. Either that, or i'll have to make Bones take magic items at 1/10th value as well as the Diamonds.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 04, 2010, 11:47:10 pm »

I've got a haversack, magic storage. Could we sell the runes directly to bones?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 04, 2010, 11:52:20 pm »

Oh. Then he'd carry only 2 of each, and 1 of the fire resist and spell resist are gone. lol.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 05, 2010, 12:02:09 am »

Unfortunately I haven't been keeping track of anyone's magic items. If I had a list of discovered items I could try to remember who ended up with them...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 05, 2010, 12:16:10 am »

I also have five astral diamonds on my person, with the holy morningstar. That might be enough for a string of prayer beads. Those are rather powerful, as if I remember correctly, only the summoning one loses power, the rest can be used multiple times.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 05, 2010, 03:59:54 am »

Yes, the standard strand of prayer beads is an interesting item. The healing bead grants 1 spell per day, which is probably best kept as a reserve in case you get deafened or an unexpected mummy makes an appearance, but extra healing never goes astray if you decide to use it that way. As a magic item the bead of smiting will probably have a low save DC, but it is still a nice little are effect with a side effect, probably best saved for rogues... The bead of karma can potentially be one of the most powerful items in the game. If it gets into the wrong hands it has been known to almost singlehandedly defeat exceedingly dangerous encounters.

Remember that psionic and epic items also exist in the SRD, but may be of less use given our wealth and abilities...
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:06 am »

If we get that Stone Courser I mentioned on my list, he has 1000 lbs. carrying capacity. He could carry whatever we wanted it to.

The Golden Lions are interesting too. Little figurines that fit in the palm of my hand, when I throw them to the ground they turn into full sized lions for a set amount of time, a certain amount of times per day. They can't be destroyed either, if one dies it turns back into a figurine.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 05, 2010, 05:58:03 pm »

If someone dislikes them enough they might just smash the figurine. I would worry that summons wouldn't scale well and that particular item is moderately expensive. Besides, I pictured you more as the type to get a griffon or fly and ride them, speaking of which, does our palafdin know how to ride?
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 05, 2010, 10:11:13 pm »

If our paladin had a flying mount, I'd try to scrounge up a thin sheet of lead for CJ...

On a related note, I can't make it to games on Friday anymores, since on Friday I get home from University at, like, 7PM. (games start at 2PM local time, and five hours is a lot to lose)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 177