Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21683 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 16. This army isn't your friend.
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2009, 09:25:47 am »

It's been two-ish days. Turn is now.

{1} - In response to complaints, the War King has given the army full authority to kill anyone they want on sight.

New rule: Two {1}s in a row should be enough to leave any character dead or mortally wounded. It's not that I hate you, I just want to kill stuff.

RandomNumberGenerator
{4} - Lithoniel finds a serene grove next to a gently trikling stream, and begins to meditate. Her mind is fully focused.
+2 Meditation! Dabbling Meditation gained!
Mental concentration! +1 to next action if it is mental!

Realmfighter
{3} - Ragnar rips his shirt off and manages to tie a rough tourniquet around his leg. It doesn't completely stop the bleeding, but at least blood is no longer gushing out.
+1 Healer! Dabbling Healer gained!
Blood flow reduced to Bleeding!

Apostolic Nihilist
{2} - The anarchists laugh heartily as Guy proclaims himself their leader.

Dragnar
{1} - Dragnar walks towards the mansion at the center of town. Before he gets very far, he is accosted by a group of four soldiers. "He looks like a malcontent. Search him!"
Upon searching Dragnar, they find the letter, open it, and begin to read it.
"To my dearest princess:
You are the fair light that gives my life worth.
To live at your side, I would do any
task you desired. I love you more then ...

Hey, this is a love note." The soldiers sneer. "Let's see what the War-King has to say about this."
They take Dragnar into custody. Time passes. They now stand before the War-King.

CJ1145
{2} - Richard thinks about sewing the berserker's wound shut, but he hesitates. That berserker is scary.
{3} (Alfred) - The zombie utters some arcane sounding words, but the crystals glow brighter.

Flintus10
{5} - The thief leaves the bar and heads for Gaius' house. It doesn't seem to be that heavily guarded, and he thinks he can use his rope to get into a second-story window from the roof of an adjacent house.
+3 Scouting! Novice Scout gained!

SHAD0Wdump
{6} - Generic guy #1 thinks carefully about how to distract the guards. He takes out two dice and mutters some exotic sounding words in earshot of the guards. Strangely, he suddenly feels tired. He walks up to one set of guards, and shows them the dice, now glowing faintly purple.
"I trapped your souls in these dice, to protect you from foreign evils. Do not lose or let them be damaged, or it will go very badly for you. Here, you ... oops!" He "trips" over a loose board, and the dice fall into the water. The guards dive in after them.
{5} - Generic guy #1 stands perfectly still, a stern look on his face. The cultists watch him reverently, in awe of his decision making abilities. He will certainly make a great decision here. They decide that distracting him with their excellent emo haiku would be a poor choice.
+2 Evil Magic! Dabbling Evil Magic user gained!
Mentally drained! -2 to mental actions next turn!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
No left foot! -2 to rolls requiring long distance movement!
Bleeding!
Energies drained! -3 to spellcasting!
Prone! Harder to attack and defend!

Skills:
Novice Anti-Necromancer [1/4]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]
Dabbling Strutter [1/2]
Dabbling Persuader [1/2]
Dabbling OOC Knowledge User [0/2]
Competent Axeman [0/8]
Dabbling Healer [0/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Bleeding!

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [3/4]
Dabbling Doctor [1/2]
Dabbling Richport Loremaster [1/2]
Dabbling Staff Fighter [1/4]
Dabbling Natural Weapons [1/2]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(dropped), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried), needle & thread(carried)

Minions:
Alfred - Intelligent(?) zombie that looks like a human. Foot stuck in throat. Inconvenienced by a sword.
Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [1/2]

Quote from: SHADOWdump(Generic guy #1)
Slightly confused by a group of probably-cultists.

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]
Competent Devastating Sneezer [2/8]
Dabbling Lander [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]
Novice Diplomat [0/4]
Dabbling Evil Magic [1/2]

Abilities:
Can hover with devastating sneezes

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag of fifteen wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(worn)

Minions:
5 cultists

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Ecstatic

Skills:
Dabbling healer [0/2]
Dabbling Trap Lore [1/2]
Novice Rope User [0/4]
Dabbling Pugilist [0/2]
Dabbling Duel Wielder [1/2]
Dabbling Liar [0/2]
Novice Listener [0/4]
Novice Scout [0/4]

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (carried), +1 rope and grappling hook, magic wand, thieves' guild license.

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Wanted in richport for murder, breaking-and-entering, loitering, and suspicious activities!
Righteous Fury! +1 to combat rolls against those in charge.

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [1/4]
Dabbling Persuader [0/2]
Dabbling Divine Being Curser [0/2]
Novice Hammerman [0/4]
Novice Impossible Kung-Fu arist [0/4]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), hammer(wielded), brass feather (carried), claymore(hidden and wielded).

Abilities:
Able to quickly and stealthily draw a claymore from his sleeve.

Minions:
Jul - ?

Quote from: Dragnar
Great

Skills:
Steampunk Mechanic [1/6]
Magi-Tech Engineer [1/6]
Dabbling Robot Commander [1/2]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Intelligent steam powered mini-mech.
Upgrades: Spider legs - Mobility, mini flame cannon [2/5], greater efficiency

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Right index finger in a stick splint! -1 to actions requiring both hand. Such actions may make break the splint.
Wanted in Richport for murder, evading arrest, and using psychic powers.
Concentration! +1 next turn if action is mental!

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]
Dabbling Mind Controller [1/2]
Novice Mind Reader [0/4]
Novice Looter [0/4]
Dabbling Stealth [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]
Dabbling Alchemy [1/2]
Dabbling Meditation [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried), several days worth of rations(carried), purse with 76 gold(carried).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:48:51 am by Nirur Torir »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:50 am »

Wait... I didn't make my turn? Two days?

Weird...

I convince the guards I trapped their souls in two dice,and that their eternal survival rests on maintaining the dice,then I drop the two dice into the water.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2009, 09:43:15 am »

I probably shouldn't make a habit of retconning turns for people who miss them, but that's a creative action, and everyone makes mistakes.

Your stated action has been added to the turn, please choose another, and pick which of the two boats you've left unguarded.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:49:53 am by Nirur Torir »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2009, 10:05:47 am »

Ok,thanks.

"Alright my followers,we are taking this ship(points to the medium two mast ship),I urge you to teach yourselves how to man such a vessel,once we have broken away from the docks I'll proceed to evaluate your earlier work"

I then make my way onto the ship,making a survey of the ship's provisions.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2009, 10:24:12 am »

Unleash a telekenetic blast through the forest.
Just to clearup any confusion, there are two types of psychic attacks; mental which directly attack someone's mind, and telekenetic which unleashes a physical force. Mental attacks are usually stronger, but obviously inneffective against things that lack a brain...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:35:18 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2009, 12:11:02 pm »

I order my robot to recharge his cannon while I assemble a weapon of some sort out of stuff from my box. I do all this in the most nonthreatening way possible.
The next few turns could go very badly for me...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2009, 01:32:10 pm »

Throw the crystals as far from me and civilization i can
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »

Now that the batshit crazy necrobarbarian is stabilized to some degree, I focus on healing my own wounds. I tell Alfred to keep trying to raise corpses, even if he has to expend so much energy the crystals shatter from the magnitude of his magic.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2009, 01:52:42 pm »

You do realize that i'm getting rid of the crystals?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2009, 01:54:53 pm »

I do, but Richard doesn't. I'm not a fan of using OOC-knowledge in the game.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2009, 02:28:50 pm »

Immediately begin an elaborate speech explaining the fallacies of someone being in charge of the Anarchists. Suggest attacking the War King head-on.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2009, 09:28:06 pm »

Twirl the rope above my head a few times before throwing it onto the roof of the adjacent house and climb up it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 17. What a large status section.
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2009, 09:30:24 pm »

{6} - In response to the increased army belligerence due to complaints about increased army presence, the citizens have started openly rioting! Soldiers may be seen fighting rebel militia in the streets! No-one is safe!

SHAD0Wdump
{4} - Generic guy # 1 and his cult walk onto the warship. What luck! Despite the minimal rum, there is enough food and water to last six people for at least three months. Six people would probably be enough to sail the ship with a skeleton crew, but they won't win any fights against armed opponents. There are three ballista on each side, and a catapult on the back on a swivel mount. It probably could not fire over the masts. There are sixty ballista bolts and ten rocks the size of a standard human head.
{2} - The cultists exchange looks. "Master, please have mercy. None of us knows anything about seafaring." Two of them look a bit queasy.
Warship gained! Knowing very little about ship types, I declare it to be an Age of Sail style Corvette. Now I go to Wikipedia to brush up on Corvette lore and fore/aft/port/starboard.
{3} - Wikipedia does not state if Corvettes were 2-masted or 3-masted.
GM knowledge not gained: Dabbling Corvette Loremaster! Ship may be demoted to Sloop-of-War class if Corvettes had 3 masts!

RandomNumberGenerator
{5+1=6} - Lithoniel, still in her trance, concentrates every bit of her will on a single thought: Destruction. Pure destruction. She feels a great energy building up. It continues to build up, but she finds it growing harder to control. It builds up more. She feels it draining her, but is unable to stop, and then, just as she feels she cannot take any more, it escapes, and she loses consciousness. When she awakens. she finds that her surroundings have changed. She is still in the same place, but where a serene grove once stood, there is now only a circle of dirt, 11 meters across. She also has a headache. She notices that the splint is gone, but her finger works again.
+2 Telekinesis! Dabbling Telekinetic Artist gained!
Headache! -1 to any action requiring concentration!
Finger regenerated!

Dragnar
{5+1=6} - While the king is busy looking intimidating, Dragnar creates a one-shot smoke machine from random things in his box. It should stun anyone who breathes the smoke with fear. Dragnar might be able to resist, knowing what's coming. The guards notice, and prepare to confiscate it, when ...
{1} - "Unable to recharge weaponry. Ambient Magical Leyline: not installed. Magical Absorption device: not installed."
The king looks at the mini-mech with alarm. "An assassin-bot! Why didn't you disable it before bringing it before me? Kill them! NOW!" The War-King rapidly leaves through a door behind his throne. Four soldiers and two guards get ready to attack. Oops.
+2 Magi-Tech Engineer!

Realmfighter
{2} - Ragnar picks a crystal up and throws it into a wall. It bounces off, hitting him in his good foot. Good thing lightweight crystals don't hurt.

CJ1145
{3} - The necromancer applies stitches to his arm. Painful, but he bears it.
{4-3=1} (Alfred) - The zombie pours the rest of whatever magical energies he had into trying to raise the dead. The crystals glow slightly more brightly, and he falls over unconscious. He does not appear to have any magic potential anymore. (Well, what did you really expect to happen?)
Bleeding reduced to mild bleeding!
+1 Doctor. Novice Doctor gained!
Alfred unconscious; no magical potential.

Apostolic Nihilist
{6} - Guy begins speaking. He speaks of a great past, long forgotten. A past with no corrupt leaders. A past where all worked together for the common good. He speaks of a great future, not too far away. A future with no corrupt leaders. A future where all work together for the common good. He speaks of a present, long suffered. A present with many corrupt leaders. A present where the leaders take all that the citizens take. A present where all suffer, save very few. He speaks of rebellion.
None remember exactly what he says. He doesn't remember what happened next. He now stands in front of the palace. Behind him, 17 anarchist revolutionaries with varying weapons and light armor. Ahead of him, 26 soldiers with well-maintained weapons and armor have 8 poorly-armed citizens surrounded. 5 look badly wounded.
+2 Persuasion! Novice Persuader gained!

Flintus10
{2+1+1=4} - Flint skillfully gets onto the roof of an adjacent house.
+2 Rope User!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
No left foot! -2 to rolls requiring long distance movement!
Bleeding!
Prone! Harder to attack and defend!

Skills:
Novice Anti-Necromancer [1/4]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]
Dabbling Strutter [1/2]
Dabbling Persuader [1/2]
Dabbling OOC Knowledge User [0/2]
Competent Axeman [0/8]
Dabbling Healer [0/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Mild Bleeding!

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [3/4]
Novice Doctor [0/4]
Dabbling Richport Loremaster [1/2]
Dabbling Staff Fighter [1/4]
Dabbling Natural Weapons [1/2]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(dropped), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried), needle & thread(carried)

Minions:
Alfred - Intelligent(?) zombie that looks like a human. Foot stuck in throat. Inconvenienced by a sword. Unable to cast spells.

Quote from: SHADOWdump(Generic guy #1)
Slightly confused by a group of probably-cultists.

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]
Competent Devastating Sneezer [2/8]
Dabbling Lander [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]
Novice Diplomat [0/4]
Dabbling Evil Magic [1/2]

Abilities:
Can hover with devastating sneezes

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag of fifteen wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(worn)

Minions:
5 cultists

Corvette:
Great.
Docked.

Weapons:
3x port ballista
3x starboard ballista
1x rear catapult, able to fire in a 270 degree arc

Supplies:
60 ballista bolts
10 rocks
Plentiful food and water

Crew:
Landlubbers (-1)
Skeleton crew (-1 combat)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Ecstatic

Skills:
Dabbling healer [0/2]
Dabbling Trap Lore [1/2]
Novice Rope User [2/4]
Dabbling Pugilist [0/2]
Dabbling Duel Wielder [1/2]
Dabbling Liar [0/2]
Novice Listener [0/4]
Novice Scout [0/4]

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (carried), +1 rope and grappling hook, magic wand, thieves' guild license.

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Wanted in richport for murder, breaking-and-entering, loitering, and suspicious activities!
Righteous Fury! +1 to combat rolls against those in charge.

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [1/4]
Novice Persuader [0/4]
Dabbling Divine Being Curser [0/2]
Novice Hammerman [0/4]
Novice Impossible Kung-Fu arist [0/4]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), hammer(wielded), brass feather (carried), claymore(hidden and wielded).

Abilities:
Able to quickly and stealthily draw a claymore from his sleeve.

Minions:
Jul - ?

Quote from: Dragnar
Great

Skills:
Steampunk Mechanic [1/6]
Magi-Tech Engineer [3/6]
Dabbling Robot Commander [1/2]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Intelligent steam powered mini-mech.
Upgrades: Spider legs - Mobility, mini flame cannon [2/5], greater efficiency

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Wanted in Richport for murder, evading arrest, and using psychic powers.
Headache! -1 concentration based actions!

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]
Dabbling Mind Controller [1/2]
Novice Mind Reader [0/4]
Novice Looter [0/4]
Dabbling Stealth [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]
Dabbling Alchemy [1/2]
Dabbling Meditation [1/2]
Dabbling Telekinetic Artist [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried), several days worth of rations(carried), purse with 76 gold(carried).

Quote from: NPCs fighting Apostolic Nihilist
17 Anarchist revolutionaries
26 Soldiers
5 Mostly-healthy peasants
3 Badly-wounded peasants

Quote from: NPCs fighting Dragnar
4 soldiers
2 guards

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2009, 09:40:56 pm »

Aww, I was hoping to kill the war-king.
I activate the smoke machine, hold my breath, and get out of here!

with any luck they didn't pay much attention to my face...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »

With a yell, draw the attention of the guards. Impress them with my ability to draw forth a claymore from my sleeve.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28