Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21675 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 11. Jul is awesome.
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2009, 10:50:20 am »

Random global effects on turns? This game is going to get fun...

I inform the nearest guards, "The bar has broken out into a fight!"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2009, 10:53:52 am »

I confirm the order again!
I berate myself for my stupidity, and look for an archery range(preferably with stone targets).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2009, 12:28:33 pm »

Muahahaha, I already know what heartlessly evil thing I'm going to do to a random player next turn. There is no escaping it. There is no way to dodge it, there is only <spoiler removed for spoileryness>.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2009, 01:22:56 pm »

With a bow, I'll drop the feather next to Gaius' corpse and ask Jul what to do next.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2009, 01:25:34 pm »

Where the hell did the -1 come from?

Pick up my staff, beat the guard I'm fighting to a bloody pulp. Practice my whistling all the while.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2009, 01:39:57 pm »

You were off balance from your previous attack.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »

To be honest i have no idea what just happened.

What do you think? KEEP KILL'N
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2009, 06:37:08 pm »

Use the wand on the big group to see it's effects.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2009, 07:05:08 pm »

Use the wand on the big group to see it's effects.
I like the way you think.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

Fix my finger. Again.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 12. Evil arrives.
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2009, 08:05:15 pm »

Odd thing for the turn pre-determined. Rolling to see who gets the effect: {1}. It goes to the first person to post an action for the turn, which was SHAD0Wdump.

SHAD0Wdump
{5} - Generic guy #1, having escaped the bar, runs across the street towards three guards. "The bar has broken out into a fight!" The guards run into the bar. Their exact objectives are unknown.
+3 Diplomacy! Novice Diplomat gained!

Generic guy #1 feels a shiver down his spine, as though a great evil was approaching. He hears a voice behind him. "Hey, man. Got a light?" Turning around, he shoos the homeless person off, then sees it. There, approaching fast. He sees ... A group of five people in black robes. They approach and bow down before him. The leader speaks.  "Greetings, my dark lord. Long have we awaited your arrival. We are unworthy, but I beg of you, find a use for us. Send us off to destroy something you hate, have his kill each other to entertain you as you devour our souls ... Anything. We could hope for no greater joy then in doing whatever task pleases you most, maleficent one."
Generic guy #1 looks at them blankly as they grovel before him. They seem to be waiting for something.

Dragnar
{6} - Dragnar runs off, and finds an empty guard barracks. He walks through it, and finds a courtyard with three archery targets set up on the far wall. He tells the mini-mech to fire at them.
{6+1=6} - "Command acknowledged." "Firing." In under a second, the turret pops out and fires off a quick burst of mini fireballs, then recedes. Each target is hit dead in the center by a blast, and glows briefly. Objective achieved. Status report: mana storage chamber empty; primary weapons system offline.
+2 Robot Commander: Dabbling Robot Commander achieved!
Mini-mech status changed: Ammo levels at [0/3].

Apostolic Nihilist
{6} - Guy drops the feather on the ground. It looks slightly bent now. He asks Jul what's next.
{1} (Jul) - "Report your success and go back for another mission, or figure something out for yourself. I don't care; I'm going off to grab food." So saying, he leaves. Guy leaves after Jul does, and now stands on the road in front of the mansion. Strangely, he doesn't remember noticing Jul leaving, even though he must have been looking right at him. He looks around, but doesn't see Jul. He thinks for a moment, and probably remembers the way back to the hideout.
+1 to finding the anarchist hideout!

CJ1145, Realmfighter
CJ1145, Alfred, Realmfighter, Rufas, Lucas, Atlas
Being on the side of Justice, Rufas allows Richard to reclaim his weapon. He stands as the necromancer does, getting into a better position. Halberd meets staff. Halberd wins, and the impact sends the staff back, bruising Richard's left arm.
Lucas continues his attacks on the downed necromancer, but is hit in the back of the head with a rock and falls over. Both fighters are now prone.
Atlas drops his weapon, sending a rock flying. When he bends over to pick it up again, Alfred latches onto his neck tightly and doesn't let go.
CJ1145: +2 Staff Fighting! Novice Staff Fighter gained!
Realmfighter: +2 Axeman!
Lucas: Prone!
Atlas: Short of breath! -1 to next action, gets worse unless Alfred is dislodged!

Flintus10
{2} - Flint reaches for his wand, but thinks better of it when he sees three guards enter the bar and start trying to break the fight up.

RandomNumberGenerator
{5-1=4} - Lithoniel takes two sticks and ties them together around her finger. It doesn't hurt as much, but it's still going to be hard to use the finger for much.
+2 Healing! Dabbling Healer gained!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
No left foot! -2 to rolls requiring long distance movement!
Heavy Bleeding! Roll each turn to see if it gets worse!
Energies drained! -3 to spellcasting!
Prone! Harder to attack and defend!

Skills:
Novice Anti-Necromancer [1/4]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]
Dabbling Strutter [1/2]
Dabbling Persuader [1/2]
Dabbling OOC Knowledge User [0/2]
Novice Axeman [2/4]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Energies drained! -3 to spellcasting!
Left arm bruised!

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [3/4]
Dabbling Doctor [1/2]
Dabbling Richport Loremaster [1/2]
Dabbling Staff Fighter [1/4]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(dropped), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried), needle & thread(carried)

Minions:
Alfred - Intelligent(?) zombie that looks like a human. Foot stuck in throat. Inconvenienced by a sword.
Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [1/2]

Quote from: SHADOWdump(Generic guy #1)
Slightly confused by a group of probably-cultists.

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]
Devastating Sneezer [3/6]
Dabbling Lander [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]
Novice Diplomat [0/4]

Abilities:
Can hover with devastating sneezes

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(worn)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Ecstatic

Skills:
Dabbling healer [0/2]
Dabbling Trap Lore [1/2]
Novice Rope User [0/4]
Dabbling Pugilist [0/2]

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (carried), +1 rope and grappling hook, magic wand.

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Wanted in richport for murder, breaking-and-entering, loitering, and suspicious activities!
+1 to finding the anarchist hideout

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [1/4]
Dabbling Persuader [0/2]
Dabbling Divine Being Curser [0/2]
Novice Hammerman [0/4]
Novice Impossible Kung-Fu arist [0/4]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), hammer(wielded), brass feather (carried).

Minions:
Jul - ?

Quote from: Dragnar
Great

Skills:
Novice Steampunk Mechanic [3/4]
Novice Magi-Tech Engineer [3/4]
Dabbling Robot Commander [1/2]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Intelligent steam powered mini-mech.
Upgrades: Spider legs - Mobility, mini flame cannon [0/3]

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Right index finger in a stick splint! -1 to actions requiring both hand. Such actions may make break the splint.
Wanted in Richport for murder, evading arrest, and using psychic powers.

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]
Dabbling Mind Controller [1/2]
Novice Mind Reader [0/4]
Dabbling Looter [1/2]
Dabbling Stealth [0/2]
Dabbling Healer [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried), several days worth of rations(carried), purse with 76 gold(carried).

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2009, 08:10:04 pm »

Hmm. I try to hit my enemy's weapon in a way to send it flying away out of the lair, and then knock him unconscious.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2009, 08:24:31 pm »

KILL!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2009, 08:31:10 pm »

Sneak out of the bar and head and look for any criminal organisations that I could do some work for.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:11 pm »

I will try to increase the mini-mech's mana storage capability. If possible I will also set it up to recharge automatically(but slowly)

I think the correct speed is as fast as he'll let it go and still not kill you in a random accident.
Yes, but better safe than sorry, so I think I'll stick with slowly. Anything else and I might end up having to roll to see if it blows up every turn...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:12:07 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28