Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21663 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 8. I mourn our first death.
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 01:12:16 am »

Before i go, i would like to point one thing out.

Saying Arikos namore which is a magic spell that makes everyone hate me, and reveling that i'm a necromancer achieve the same affect, and both only involve talk. Were do you draw the line?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 02:14:33 am »

Multiple reasons, really.

1-Talking is a free action if it doesn't achieve much - In this case, the guards are equipped with magic crystals that absorb magic spells cast nearby. They are trained to detect magic and combat spell-casters. Three normal guards that have spent the last ten years fighting petty thieves do not an anti-necromancer party make.

2-In this world, magic spells take a bit more then just saying a magic word or phrase: really, really good visualization. The magic phrase is mostly just to "lock" the spell so wizard's don't go around accidentally lightly everything on fire when it's cold. Of course, they still tend to do that, but that's not the point.

There may be other reasons that I've forgotten.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:16:35 am by Nirur Torir »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2009, 03:36:12 am »

Dance with jubilation at the death of my captors and look through the keyhole of the door to my right. If there is not one then just open it and prepare to avoid anything that comes out of it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 9. Epic fights!
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2009, 04:15:38 am »

I miscounted, and will edit Dragnar in after he posts a turn.

SHAD0Wdump
{2} - Generic Guy #1 shoves an angry sailor with hulking muscles into another sailor. Precious rum is spilled; they turn towards him angrily.

Important: Switch to an epic music track!

CJ1145, Realmfighter
{2} (Realmfighter) - Ragnar, preparing for a battle with a necromancer, casts an anti-magic barrier. At least, he tries to. The guards' crystal broaches begin glowing with a strange light, and Ragnar feels drained.
{1} (CJ1145) - Richard senses that his zombies are under attack, and hurries back to the graveyard. He stumbles into the crypt, out of breath, and tries to cast a spell at Ragnar. The guards' crystals glow brighter.
{6} (Alfred) - Alfred gnaws Ragnar's left foot off while his back is turned. It gets stuck in his throat.
{1} (Zombie) - The remaining zombie gnaws on a guard's sword. It is struck down!
{6} (Richard) - The kid, sensing danger, runs off. The guards let him go, because that's just the sort of game this is.
{6} Rufas - The first guard backs cautiously away to the entrance of the crypt. He blocks the only exit completely, and uses the crystal's energy to cast a shield spell on himself.
{6} Lucas - The second guard follows Rufas' example, helping to block the exit. He casts a spell, and his halbard glows brightly.
{4} Atlas - He screams and continues chopping at the completely dead zombie that attacked his sword.
Realmfighter - Foot lost! Bleeding! -2 to rolls requiring anything beyond short distance walking or crawling!
Realmfighter - Minion lost: Richard!
Realmfighter - Minion turned hostile: Guard swarm!
NPC status lost: Guards: Swarm status.
Ragnar - Minion lost: Zombie!
Energies drained: -3 to spellcasting!

RandomNumberGenerator
{3} - The dark elf follows the merchant, trying to get the location of his house out of his mind. Her hold on his mind is starting to wane, however.
{5} (Minion) - The thrall obeys his master, and they reach his house.
+1 Mind Reading! Novice Mind Reader gained!
Mind-Control wearing off! Roll at the end of each turn to see if the minion turns hostile!

Apostolic Nihilist
{3} - While cursing loudly at divine beings, Guy jogs over to Gaius' house. Now what?
+1 cursing divine beings! Dabbling Divine Being curser gained!

Flintus10
{5} - Flint pushes on the door, and it opens. In each corner at the far end, he sees a pedestal with one object: A rope and grappeling hook that he instinctively knows to be magical, and a stick that's probably also magical. Somehow, he knows that he can only take one, while the other will be incinerated. Thinking carefully, he  ... <Data lost. Extrapolating likely conclusions ... finished. Recreating ending from data assessment.> He examines his new objects as he walks out of the room: The rope seems to be old, yet in excellent condition. It's probably unbreakable. The grappling hook seems to be able to hook onto nearly any non-flat surface with ease, and detatch itself at the user's mental command. The stick seems to be some sort of magic wand, but he thinks better of testing it just now.
Loot gained: Magic rope and grappling hook! +1 to using it for stuff!
Loot gained: Magic wand!

Dragnar
{6} - Dragnar, sure he knows the basics, takes a mid-level class on Magi-Tech weaponry. Some of the concepts are too advanced for him, but he learns how to make a cannon that will fit on the mini-mech. It will fire small fireballs, but need to be recharged after three shots.
+2 Magi-Tech Engineer! Novice Magi-Tech Engineer gained!
Knowledge of making mini-fireball cannons gained! +1 to mini-fireball cannons on the mini-mech!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
No left foot! -2 to rolls requiring long distance movement!
Bleeding! Roll each turn to see if it gets worse!
Energies drained! -3 to spellcasting!

Skills:
Novice Anti-Necromancer [1/4]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]
Dabbling Strutter [1/2]
Dabbling Persuader [1/2]
Dabbling OOC Knowledge User [0/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Energies drained! -3 to spellcasting!

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [3/4]
Dabbling Doctor [1/2]
Dabbling Richport Loremaster [1/2]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(wielded), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried), needle & thread(carried)

Minions:
Alfred - Intelligent(?) zombie that looks like a human. Foot stuck in throat.
Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [1/2]

Quote from: SHADOWdump(Generic guy #1)
Good

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]
Devastating Sneezer [3/6]
Dabbling Lander [0/2]

Abilities:
Can hover with devastating sneezes

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(worn)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Ecstatic

Skills:
Dabbling healer [0/2]
Dabbling Trap Lore [1/2]

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (carried), +1 rope and grappling hook, magic wand.

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Richport guards hate him

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [1/4]
Dabbling Persuader [0/2]
Dabbling Divine Being Curser [0/2]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), rusty nail covered in blood(worn), hammer(wielded), brass feather (carried).

Minions:
Jul - ?

Abilities:
+1 to finding Gaius

Quote from: Dragnar
Great
+1 to mini-fireball cannon mech upgrades

Skills:
Novice Steampunk Mechanic [3/4]
Novice Magi-Tech Engineer [0/4]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Intelligent steam powered mini-mech.
Upgrades: Spider legs - Mobility

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Broken right index finger! -1 to actions requiring both hand.
Wanted in Richport for murder, evading arrest, and using psychic powers.

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]
Dabbling Mind Controller [1/2]
Novice Mind Reader [0/4]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried)

Minions:
Weapons merchant. Mind-controlled, roll each turn to see he turns hostile.

Just so we're clear, any mistakes aren't my fault. Not at all. It's the all-night insomnia's fault.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:49:13 am by Nirur Torir »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 9. Epic fights!
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2009, 04:48:44 am »

SHAD0Wdump
{2} - Generic Guy #1 shoves an angry sailor with hulking muscles into another sailor. Precious rum is spilled; they turn towards him angrily.

Important: Switch to an epic music track!
Upon reading that,it just so happens Frank Klepaki's 'Damage King' from Universe at War was playing,quite appropriate if I do say so myself.

I position myself carefully between the closest sailor and another customer,I say... "Your gonna ask me to give you a reason not to beat me to a bloody pulp right about now aren't you?".

Then,the moment they they answer I blow a raspberry at them and dodge the certain punch about to be thrown,resulting in some other person getting thwacked.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 9. Epic Fights!
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2009, 04:57:54 am »

Use the grappling hook to climb out of the tower. And if time allows head back to town and find a bar or inn

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2009, 05:03:25 am »

head back to town and find a bar or inn
Yes.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2009, 07:24:04 am »

huh, I thought I already posted...

Oh well, I will take a class on magi-tech weaponry

I just realized fow strange a combination of skills I have, I am a steampunk magi-tech engineer.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2009, 08:26:45 am »

"You know, I think we've blown this entirely out of proportion here. You see, yes I am a necromancer. But is that really all so bad? The only zombie I've resurrected that might actually have a soul is poor Alfred here, and you spooked him so bad that he'd be choking to death if he was still alive.

And you know, I used to be a common citizen myself. I know all the laws, but I doubt any of you have ever been pointed at by a very spiky scepter by the Worm King, and threatened to be turned into a Thrall if you didn't do as he demanded. You see, I'd be happy to put a stop to this, and just start a normal life. The only thing stopping that is the Worm King and his little buddy here (realmfighter) who I can only assume he sent to test my budding horde. Sure, he cheated by bringing you guys, but I've learned enough of the Necromancer's code to know this:

*Puts on reading glasses, pulls out dusty, old tome.*

"Ahem. Article 7, Section A2, Paragraph 24-Any new recruit to the order is subject to the wims of the acting Worm King, and must survive a rite of passage to be admitted into the Order. The most common trial is for the young mage to be sent to a remote town, where he must use the few spells he has learned and overthrow the town. In a week's time, the Worm King will send a Necromancer Adept to attack the town, and attempt to kill the young mage and his followers. If the novice manages to fight off, or better yet, KILL AND ENTHRALL the Adept, he is admitted into the Order as a Necromancer Novice, or a Necromancer Adept if he managed to enthrall the afore-mentioned Adept."

"So you see, I'm bound by the code. If you guys can help me, I could leave all this behind, or if you wish--Remember, I'm just throwing out ideas here--I could give myself as a spy within the Order?"

While this all happens, I shield Alfred behind me, and slip him a note that says "If they kill me, I want you to allow them to "kill" you. After they are gone, resurrect me as a Lich. If the spell fails, kill me and try again. Don't stop until you succeed. Once the spell is complete, put yourself under my power and you shall be grandly rewarded."
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2009, 08:30:48 am »

Scream bloody murder, CHOP HIS HEAD OFF!

"You know, I think we've blown this entirely out of proportion here. You see, yes I am a necromancer. But is that really all so bad? The only zombie I've resurrected that might actually have a soul is poor Alfred here, and you spooked him so bad that he'd be choking to death if he was still alive.

And you know, I used to be a common citizen myself. I know all the laws, but I doubt any of you have ever been pointed at by a very spiky scepter by the Worm King, and threatened to be turned into a Thrall if you didn't do as he demanded. You see, I'd be happy to put a stop to this, and just start a normal life. The only thing stopping that is the Worm King and his little buddy here (realmfighter) who I can only assume he sent to test my budding horde. Sure, he cheated by bringing you guys, but I've learned enough of the Necromancer's code to know this:

*Puts on reading glasses, pulls out dusty, old tome.*

"Ahem. Article 7, Section A2, Paragraph 24-Any new recruit to the order is subject to the wims of the acting Worm King, and must survive a rite of passage to be admitted into the Order. The most common trial is for the young mage to be sent to a remote town, where he must use the few spells he has learned and overthrow the town. In a week's time, [HERE, RIGHT HERE] the Worm King will send a Necromancer Adept to attack the town, and attempt to kill the young mage and his followers. If the novice manages to fight off, or better yet, KILL AND ENTHRALL the Adept, he is admitted into the Order as a Necromancer Novice, or a Necromancer Adept if he managed to enthrall the afore-mentioned Adept."

"So you see, I'm bound by the code. If you guys can help me, I could leave all this behind, or if you wish--Remember, I'm just throwing out ideas here--I could give myself as a spy within the Order?"

While this all happens, I shield Alfred behind me, and slip him a note that says "If they kill me, I want you to allow them to "kill" you. After they are gone, resurrect me as a Lich. If the spell fails, kill me and try again. Don't stop until you succeed. Once the spell is complete, put yourself under my power and you shall be grandly rewarded."
:-\

Also, if the crystals suck All magic, and only necromancy is illegal, how do they know i'm a necromancer (not evil)?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:46:45 am by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2009, 09:51:43 am »

Stock up on supplies(food, water, misc.) then flee. Release the merchant from my control; he served his purpose.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:23 am »

The crystals glow different colors based on which type of magic they drain.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:01 pm »

Will they kill me on sight?

At least give me a chance of not getting my ass handed to me....

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2009, 12:15:07 pm »

A) You were warned against your character using OOC information.
B) You were warned that the guard's didn't like necromancy-like powers.
C) You were subtly warned that they weren't very loyal.
D) You cast a necromancy-like spell near them.
E) Only the die can save you evil necromancer-like people now.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26:48 pm »

CJ, if you help me kill the guards, i won't kill you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28