Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21646 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 6. A turn of bad luck.
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 05:22:42 pm »

I'll take some engineering classes before I try any more upgrades.

Also, I thought I removed the fishhook a few turns back?
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Dragnar proceeds to move to the engineering university, removing the fishhook from his finger on the way.
Yes. Yes you did. I'll remove it from the status, and reword that slightly.

Explain that i saw a necromancer necroamncing it up in the cemetery.
That will be interesting if you succeed, since you didn't see a necromancer in the cemetery.
Why would it matter? if someone said to you (your a police office) would you say "wheres the proof"? You would check it out, and there are definite signs of a necromancer in that cemetery. (Zombies, open graves, more zombies, zombie soldiers, a freaking necromancer)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2009, 08:50:48 pm »

I'll take some engineering classes before I try any more upgrades.

Also, I thought I removed the fishhook a few turns back?
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Dragnar proceeds to move to the engineering university, removing the fishhook from his finger on the way.
Yes. Yes you did. I'll remove it from the status, and reword that slightly.

Explain that i saw a necromancer necroamncing it up in the cemetery.
That will be interesting if you succeed, since you didn't see a necromancer in the cemetery.
Why would it matter? if someone said to you (your a police office) would you say "wheres the proof"? You would check it out, and there are definite signs of a necromancer in that cemetery. (Zombies, open graves, more zombies, zombie soldiers, a freaking necromancer)
And perhaps our little anti-necromancer is using his deduction skills. Turn two and my rabble rousing for instance?

And really I have no idea why I'm defending him,but whatever with that...

I put on my cleats and Goomba-Stomp the nearest traveler.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2009, 08:58:45 pm »

Pleased that this page will finally load and Alfred has SHUT UP, I continue to teach him the spell. While he practices, I give him orders for him and the other zombies to protect the cemetery while I run some errands.

I head out into town and attempt to find an alchemist's shop.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2009, 09:28:59 pm »

I'm not actually stopping your character from lying (character's perspective) to the guard. I'll just take OOC knowledge into account should you roll a {1}.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2009, 05:11:57 am »

"Eh that would be my bad team... I guess I had better continue into the tower." (And look for any more traps along the way)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 7. A criminal is made.
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2009, 10:58:50 am »

Dragnar
{3} - Dragnar takes the class "Automaton locomotion and you." He learns the benefits of various leg designs, and what they're supposed to look like, but he doesn't actually learn much about building them.
{6} - The mini-mec waits for orders. Or maybe it's meditating. Possibly dreaming. Do mini-mecs dream?
+1 Steampunk Mechanic!

Realmfighter
{6} - "While I was walking through town earlier, I saw a necromancer necromancing it up in the cemetery!"
The guard looks at him with alarm. "Are you sure? This is a serious offense indeed." The guard turns towards the dooryway he's guarding, opens the door, and shouts. "RUFAS! LUCAS! ATLAS! Get over here, we have a situation!" Then, turning back towards Ragnar, "I'll never know why all four cemeteries in the city are named the First Cemetery of Richport. Makes it very difficult to say which one the necromancers are at. Anyway, Rufas, Lucas, and Atlas will follow you if you take them to where the necromancer is." Almost as an afterthought, "I hope you're not another prankster. Last one's still up there." So saying, the guard points towards the roof across the street, where a skeleton is tied to a four pointed star. (Not crucified. That requires a cross. Similar concept though.)
{2} (Richard) - The kid nods his head stupidly, in a way that he hopes makes him look wise.
+2 Persuader! Dabbling Persuader gained!
Minions gained: Guardswarm!

RandomNumberGenerator
{6} - Lithoniel focuses, and psychically searches for nearby guards, but the only person she finds in range is the executioner, and he's coming for her. Unfortunately, he is heavily resistant to mind control. He unlocks her cell door, shackles her hands, and leads her elsewhere in the building. Desperately searching for somebody else, anyone else, she finally finds one: A weapon merchant who setup his shop outside. She barely manages to mind control him, and get him to enter the building. Despite the maze-like corridors of the building, he manages to find her, and he shoots the executioner with a crossbow. They now stand in a four-way intersection with a dead executioner.
Minion gained! Full loyalty for three turns, roll every turn after that to see if he remains mind controlled!
+2 to Mind Control! Dabbling Mind Control gained!
Don't get caught by Richport Guards! I mean it!

Apostolic Nihilist
{1} - Let's see ... If that building is there, then Gaius is ... Wait, which way's north? "Hey, this bleeding's getting worse, can't you do anything?"
{4} - Looking annoyed at having to break his cover so soon, Jul reluctantly bandages the wound. He returns to the crowd just before some more guards appear. They look at Apostolic Nihilist suspiciously.
"Loitering, I see."
When the first one crumples to the ground after a blur from the sky attacks him, the second one runs off, probably looking for help.
Bleeding Stopped!

SHAD0Wdump
{4+1=5} - While still hovering, Generic guy #1 manages to don his shoes. Aiming himself, he shoots downwards and lands on a random person's head, then bounces back upwards and continues sneezing to keep himself aloft. The companion of the guy he lands on runs off.
+1 Landings! Dabbling Lander gained!
+2 Devastating Sneezer!
Cleats equipped!

CJ1145
{6} - CJ teaches Alfred how to raise a zombie from a corpse. He does an overly good job of it, and feels hoarse after a long lecture.
{4} (Alfred) - Alfred tries to cast his spell, but it's really hard to utter magic words while A) Choking on a bone and B) Choking on a guard. Alfred dislodges himself from the guard, and manages to pry the bone out of his throat.
{1} (Zombie horde) - They stand around waiting for orders. Creepily.
Hoarse! -1 to speaking for two turns!
Alfred cured!
Alfred gains +2 Necromancy! Dabbling Necromancer gained!

Flintus10
{4} - Flint continues into the tower, finding an arrow trap. He thinks he can figure out how it works, if he studies it further.[/b]
+1 Trap Lore! Dabbling Trap Lore gained!
Learned about a specific arrow trap! +1 to actions with it!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
Good

Skills:
Novice Anti-Necromancer [1/4]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]
Dabbling Strutter [1/2]
Dabbling Persuader [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Minions:
Three guards - healthy
Pizza delivery boy - armed with pointy stick
Skills:
Dabbling Anti-Necromancer [0/2]

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Hoarse. -1 to speaking for two turns.

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [3/4]
Dabbling Doctor [1/2]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(wielded), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried), needle & thread(carried)

Minions:
Alfred - Intelligent(?) zombie that looks like a human.
Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [1/2]
4 zombies - good condition

Quote from: SHADOWdump(Generic guy #1)
Good

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]
Devastating Sneezer [3/6]
Dabbling Lander [0/2]

Abilities:
Can hover with devastating sneezes

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(worn)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Good

Skills:
Dabbling healer [0/2]
Dabbling Trap Lore [0/2]

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (carried).

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Richport guards hate him

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [0/4]
Dabbling Persuader [0/2]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), rusty nail covered in blood(worn), hammer(wielded), brass feather (carried).

Minions:
Jul - ?

Quote from: Dragnar
Discouraged (-1 to mini-mech upgades next turn)

Skills:
Novice Steampunk Mechanic [1/4]
Dabbling Magi-Tech Engineer [0/2]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Intelligent steam powered doll action figure.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Broken right index finger! -1 to actions requiring both hand.
Wanted in Richport for murder, evading arrest, and using psychic powers.

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]
Dabbling Mind Controller [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried)

Minions:
Weapons merchant. Mind-controlled, effect begins to fade after two more turns.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2009, 12:07:18 pm »

*Mumble under breath about the damn twist streets* Say that you were coming into town, was lost when you saw the necromancer. The streets messed you up even more, and you don't which cemetery it is. Tell each guard to go to a different cemetery, and meet back here.If they don't want to leave me, then we search each cemetery together.

(keeping track of were each guard goes so if one doesn't come back we go there)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:28:58 pm by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2009, 12:26:55 pm »

I will take a more advanced course, and use my mini-mech for practice.

While I'm doing that, the mini-mech will check my math to make sure I don't mess up.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

Order Alfred to raise the two corpses, and that they must follow the orders I tell him to give them.

Meanwhile, I head out to the town, and try to find an alchemist's shop.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2009, 12:41:07 pm »

Remember: Minion swarms always act together!

Also, the guards aren't very loyal to you, and and are under orders not to leave you. You'll have to make a somewhat hard roll to get them to go off alone.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »

...Do I have ninjas watching over me, or is Jul extremely awesome?
Either way, I'm going to head back to the model city.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »

...Do I have ninjas watching over me, or is Jul extremely awesome?
Either way, I'm going to head back to the model city.
If there were ninjas secretly stalking you, it would be unwise of my to tell you, and as awesome as Jul is, he did not attack last turn.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2009, 05:33:17 pm »

I land in a bar and order a drink.

Trust me,I've got a plan.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 06:25:46 pm »

Make the merchant go out the way he came in. Carry some weapons to make it look like I'm delivering a shipment.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 06:29:27 pm »

i've modified my action
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28