Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21621 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Signups (0 spots remain?)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:38:24 pm »

Ah, missed that. Uhh, don't try to start games at night, you'll be inconsistent. Which means RandomNumberGenerator's in. Which means ... <unknown>?

Edit - 7 players out of 6 players then. I'll wait until two people die to spawn a new player.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:41:18 pm by Nirur Torir »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Signups (2 waiting list spots remain)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 09:32:17 pm »

Holy crap this game just took off...

I throw dice in random directions.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Turn 1
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »

Okay, looks like RandomNumberGenerator went offline. If you still want in, you alone get to join over the limit because I forgot that Nihilist was GMing a game I'm participating in, and it would have been cruel to just say "no."

Okay, turn!
Flintus10 - Ask around for information
{1} - The thief walks up to a peasant, and asks if there's any work for a master thief. The peasant looks panicked, and runs away. Something grabs his shoulder. Spinning around, he sees a guard.
"Work for a theif, eh? Yea, we've got just the place for you."
So saying, the guard drags Flint to a building, then pushes him inside.

It is dark. Flint hears two people talking quietly amongst themselves, but they grow silent as the guard approaches. "Still need an idiot thief to set any traps off in that ol' wizard's tower? He's all yours."
The guard leaves. Before he can escape, a muscular man forces Flint to take a seat.
"Ah 'ope you got what 'cha need. We leave, soon as Alissa ge's back from buyin' more arra's."

CJ1145 - Summon a zombie, ask it for information.
{5} - Richard finds the town's graveyard, and enters a crypt. He finds a body that must have been buried very recently, and mutters a few arcane words. A zombie that looks like a perfectly healthy human stands up, and waits for orders.
"Heard any good gossip, slave?"
"Yes, master,"
A minute passes.
"....Well?"
"This is the town Richport. It was founded four centuries ago, and, due to its central location, has become a thriving commercial town."

"What's been happening lately?"
"Aside from the usual business, I think one of the rich merchants is looking for somebody to deliver a letter. Look for Beth, on Fig Terrace."

"Anything else?"
"When I was a kid, I was into fake treasure maps. I think one of them was actually real, but my bother has it now, probably stuffed in a box on his desk."

+3 Necromancy! Novice necromancer skill gained!

Dragnar - Make grappeling hook with box
{1} - Dragnar pulls three fishing hooks out of his box. After wasting several minutes trying to bind them together with string, he sticks one into his left thumb. Ouch.
Fishing hook wound gained!

RealmFighter - Make anti magic field. Enter berserk rage and hunt Richard
{3} - RealmFighter succeeds in making an anti-magic field, but it drains his energy. In a fit of rage, he charges through the city looking for Richard. After fifteen minutes of fruitless searching, he finds a kid named Richard carrying a pizza, who he tackles. The kid, now lying on the ground, begins crying. A pepperoni pizza is ruined.
+1 Nercomancy! Dabbling necromancer skill gained!
Drained! -2 to magic next turn!
Feels bad about wasting a pizza! -1 to any action not involving crying next turn!

Apostolic Nihilist - Make a plan to kill politicians
{1} - Guy, lacking writing materials, or common sense, begins creating a master plan for assassinating every politician in the city by drawing it in the sand. He carefully labels each and every politician in his picture, and decides that throwing rocks at them will work. Guards begin eying him suspiciously.
Suspicious! Guards are watching your every move!

SHADOWdump - Throw dice
{4} - SHADOWdump throws his dice well. After much effort, he learns that one particular die seems to land on {4} half the time, and {1} the rest of the time. Strange.
+2 gambling skill! Dabbling Gambler skill gained!

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
Drained! -2 magic next turn
Feels bad about wasting a pizza! -1 to any roll not involving crying next turn

Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [0/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(carried), pointy stick(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Thrilled with his zombie thrall

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [0/4]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(wielded), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Perfect

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(carried)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Drafted

Skills:
Skilled at being unskilled

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs.

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Richport guards hate him

Skills:
Arousing hatred in guards

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), rusty nail(wielded), hammer(carried).

Quote from: Dragnar
Fishhook wound in finger

Skills:
Sticking fishhooks into himself

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Unfathomable potential

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:33 pm »

Apologize, persuade Richard to become my lackey, using my crying as an advantage.

Oh, and equip my axe.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:28:05 pm by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 10:19:19 pm »

Walk into the graveyard casually,then come running out yelling "Monsters in the graveyard!!!"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 10:31:47 pm »

ouch, I'll now attempt to build a small steampunk robot!
...that could go badly on an low roll
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »

Oh yeah, I will join in.
-------
Name:  Lithoniel
Race: Dark Elf

Lithoniel was unlike other kids her age. When most of her kin was running around lighting butterflies on fire or zapping them with electricity, she stayed in her room, usually reading. Most Dark Elves have a proficiency for magic, especially dark magic, but Lithoniel had no talent for magic at all. By the age of 8, it became apparent that her inability to cast any magic was made up for with another talent; she was psychic. Shuned by the clan elders and feared by her peers, she left the hidden village to peruse her own destiny.

Inventory:

Armaments:
Bronze Scimitar
Bronze Buckler
Traveler's Clothes

Books:
Harid's Analysis of Thought(Psychology)
A Beginner's Guide to Persuasion & Manipulation(Social Skills)
------
Begin reading A Beginner's Guide to Persuasion & Manipulation.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 11:26:24 pm »

Construct an intricate replica of the town out of sand, carefully plotting out the locations of several important politicians.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 12:01:08 am »

Look carefully for an easy way out of the building, if none are apparent shout something about not taking kindly to orders and then kick the man in the testicles and run for it.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 08:51:23 am »

Still have space? If so...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 10:48:22 am »

I ask the zombie his name. I then go about resurrecting the other corpses in the cemetary, and attempt to teach the zombie the spell for resurrecting.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 12:05:15 pm »

Random.org hates me today, you lucky peoples.

Realmfighter
{6} - His eyes filled with tears, Ragnar lets loose a steady stream of apologies for five minutes, never uttering the same one twice. The kid completely forgets his pain, and asks if he can tag along to learn how to spout such nonsense.
A muscular man approaches. Instinctively, Ragnar knows it to be the kids dad. The kid tells him off, letting out twelve years of pent-up annoyance and rage, then says he's going to live with his new mentor, who taught him an important lesson. The man turns to Ragnar, rage in his eyes.
+2 to meek conversation skills! Dabbling meek conversationalist gained!

SHAD0Wdump
{5} - Generic guy #1 enters the graveyard nonchalantly, and his gaze casually sweeps into an open crypt. Panic apparent on his face, he runs out, screaming about monsters.
The people near him begin to panic, and flee from the graveyard as quickly as possible.
Now alone, Generic guy #1 begins to laugh. He feels a chill, and looks around, but sees nothing. Then, a voice, resonating through his very bones.
"Fear. Delicious fear. You have pleased me, and it would amuse me to grant you a boon."
+3 Rabble Rousing! Novice Rabble Rouser gained! (Note: This skill is used for changing or using the emotions of large crowds with speeches, demonstrations, and the like.)

Dragnar
{5} - Dragnar begins looking through his box, and finds a few gears and rods. Thinking hard, he somehow manages to create a steam-powered doll action figure robot. It can fire a small pebble at dangerous speeds if a button is pressed, walk in one direction, and punch things it runs into. Perhaps it can be improved with more effort.
+3 mechanic! Novice Mechanic gained!

RandomNumberGenerator
{5} - Lithoniel sits down in on a rock beside a tree and begins studying. She understands the first two chapters perfectly, and manages to convince a passing guy to begin dancing.
+3 Manipulator! Novice Manipulator gained!

Apostolic Nihilist
{5} - Apostolic enters a dark alley, away from the prying eyes of the guards. He builds a sand castle city, marking several sites where important people are likely to work and/or live. Two men wearing commoner clothes walk by, and look at it with surprise. They examine it, and ask about it.
+3 Richport Lore! Novice Richport Loremaster gained!

Flintus10
{1} - Flintus lets his eyes adjust to the darkness. The muscular man looks to be a warrior, and his friend is a frail-looking man with glasses and a dress. The only way to escape seems to be through the door he came in. He yells that he hates orders, and kicks the overly-muscular man in the groin. An arrow enters his foot halfway to its destination, and he collapses to the ground in pain. The man is completely unfazed, and probably didn't even notice what Flintus was doing.
A stupidly pretty female elf approaches, and leans against the wall.
"I see we've finally got somebody to set off the traps for us. Let's go."
The warrior picks Flintus up, and they leave the building.
Arrow embedded in foot!
Pain! -1 to physical actions
Bleeding!

CJ1145
{3} - The zombie's name is Alfred. Richard begins muttering some mystic incantation, and another zombie rises up. It wobbles slightly, then its legs fall off. Oops.

Status
Quote from: Realmfighter(Ragnar)
Ecstatic about having a minion

Skills:
Dabbling Necromancer [0/2]
Dabbling Meek Conversationalist [1/2]

Inventory:
Bronze axe(carried), pointy stick(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Minions:
Pizza delivery boy

Quote from: CJ1145(Richard)
Thrilled with his zombie thrall

Skills:
Novice Necromancer [0/4]

Inventory:
Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(wielded), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

Minions:
Zombie that looks like a human

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Hearing voices again

Skills:
Dabbling Gambler [1/2]
Novice Rabble Rouser [0/4]

Inventory:
Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(carried)

Quote from: Flintus10(Flint)
Pain! (-1 to actions)
Arrow embedded in foot!

Skills:
Skilled at being unskilled

Inventory:
Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs, bloody arrow (worn).

Quote from: Apolistic Nihilist(Guy)
Healthy
Richport guards hate him

Skills:
Novice Richport Loremaster [0/4]

Inventory:
Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), rusty nail(wielded), hammer(carried).

Quote from: Dragnar
Fishhook wound in finger

Skills:
Novice Mechanic [0/4]

Inventory:
Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn)

Minions:
Steam powered doll action figure

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Lithoniel)
Normal

Skills:
Novice Manipulator [0/4]

Inventory:
Bronze scimitar(wielded), bronze buckler(worn), traveler's clothes(worn), psychology book(carried), social skills book(carried)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:32:05 pm by Nirur Torir »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 12:30:11 pm »

Equip my axe, give pizza guy the stick and strut away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:33:25 pm by realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 12:41:45 pm »

Use my mindcrafting powers to make the dancing guy very confused.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 12:42:04 pm »

Now combine the doll action figure with some magi-tech to make it smarter.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28