Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.  (Read 21615 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hope to Dodge - Turn 43. END.
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:00:57 pm »

It's time for a random, nonsensical RTD. Except it's not an RTD. In an RTD, you get a free roll to dodge. In Hope to Dodge, you only get a roll for your action - All other events, including dodging and damage, are arbitrarily determined by me. Poor spelling? The sword hits you. Trying to make an action too long? The sword hits you. Too much GM flattery in an attempt to be invincible? A sword appears and hits you. Good RP? The sword only cuts you. 500 word turns? Your sword catches fire, incinerating your hand.

Any action is possible on a {5}, but nigh-impossible actions like trying to become the god of time will drastically lower my desire to let you live. Simpler actions are less likely to hurt you.

Sign-up rules: 6 players, 2 spot waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. Anyone dying may immediately reapply for the waiting list, if they are fast enough. WARNING: Don't join if you'll get offended from an early death. Most actions will not be instantly fatal for a healthy character, but I might randomly decide to try to kill somebody. No signing up if you're GMing a game I'm in, please. That's not fair for everybody else, because I'd have a conflict of interests with killing you.

Players (7/6):
Realmfighter as:
Ragnar - Awesome magic berserker necromancer on a quest to learn his last name. If he succeeds, he will wish he hadn't.
Owns: Bronze axe(carried), pointy stick(wielded), commoner clothes stained black with ash(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

CJ1145 as:
Richard - Ultimate necromancer, on a quest to make Ragnar fail his quest.
Owns: Stick with a cheap gem embedded on top(wielded), commoner clothes stained reddish with berry juice(worn), unidentified parchment(carried)

SHADOWdump as:
Generic guy #1
Indescribably average facial features.
Owns Standard clothing(worn), a bag full of wooden dice(tied to belt), and a pair of cleats(carried)

Flintus10 as:
Flint - A male freelance thief. Wants to become famous. Neutral, but accepts bribes. Has facial scars.
Owns: Iron dagger(carried), bronze short sword(wielded), a black silk cloak (worn), 3 smoke bombs.

Apostolic Nihilist as:
Guy - Peasant who dislikes authority.
Owns: Leather gloves(worn), black cloak(worn), rusty nail(wielded), hammer(carried).

Dragnar as:
Dragnar - A male who enjoys tinkering to make cool things. Like explosions.
Owns: Schrodinger's box of stuff(carried), simple clothing(worn).

RandomNumberGenerator as:
Lithoniel - The only declared female, and only declared dark elf. Psychic and non-magical.
Owns: Bronze Scimitar(wielded), bronze Buckler(worn), Traveler's Clothes(worn), book of psychology and social skills.

Waiting list:
Qwertyuiopas as:
Litast Atölthîkut -On a quest to either find or found the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy.
Empty

Please post a turn with your sign-up, along with whatever background or character information you want. Pick a reasonable starting inventory, which will be subject to change when I put the turn up. No starting skills, but past occupations may change your fate.

Scenario:
Everybody is in the coastal town of Richport. There is no goal. Magic level, technology, era, geography, proliferation of divine forces, and races are undefined at this point.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:15:09 am by Nirur Torir »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Signups
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:07:13 pm »

Ragnar

He is a awesome magic berserker necromancer, and is on a quest to find his last name.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:38 pm »

Richard.

He is the ultimate necromancer, and is on a quest to make sure Ragnar does not find his last name.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:50 pm »

Count me in! Although I have had a game or two you were in,they are long dead so who cares!

Name:Generic guy #1
Inventory:average joe clothing,a bag full of dice,a pair of cleats(spike shoes for the rest of ya)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 08:12:08 pm »

I'll join
Name:Flint
Character Information:A thief who operates heavily around the docks of Richport, works mostly freelance. Not particularly well renowned and is hoping to change that and eventually become a well known face in the criminal underworld. Is morally pretty neutral leaning towards good but can be swayed with the right amount of money.

Flint is a small and slight man with a lightly scarred face.
Inventory:
1 Dagger
1 Short sword
1 Black cloak
3 smoke bombs (?)

Action: Ask around for information
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:27:27 pm by Flintus10 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hope to Dodge - Signups (2 spots remain)
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 08:20:01 pm »

Quote from: me
Please post a turn with your sign-up

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:20:56 pm »

Oh, sorry.

Summon a Zombie Thrall and get him to tell me where I am and what's going on.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 08:25:09 pm »

EDIT: Woops, I missed the part about signups not being allowed since I'm GMing Arcanum Octet...

I give my spot to someone else, then.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:30:09 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »

I claim the last spot! I'll post my character in a second.
Name: dragnar
Description: Loves to tinker. Magic, technology, magic-technology, who cares as long as it can be used to make cool stuff!
Inventory: A box full of various pieces of machinery, spell components, and who knows what else.

Action: Use materials from my box to build a grappling hook.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:34:26 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:51 pm »

Use Necromancer powers to make a anti-magical field, Get berserker on richards ass.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 08:28:46 pm »

Name: Guy
Character Information: Guy is a peasant. He also does not care for authority.
Inventory: Leather gloves, black cloak, rusty nail, hammer.

Action: Formulate a plan to assassinate the leaders of Richport.

...if the spots are all taken, throw me onto the waiting list. (Triple ninja'd while writing my post!)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 08:29:01 pm »

HEY! You don't even know me. Your character has no knowledge of my evil endeavors! Maybe he just thinks I'm a pizza guy that got lost on his way to deliver some stuff... and his manager is a zombie.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »

I don't want somebody who's GMing a game I'm in as one of the players, because I'd probably subconsciously be overly generous with them, which is less fun. Or is it? I guess I'll leave it up to the players to decide.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:32:13 pm »

HEY! You don't even know me. Your character has no knowledge of my evil endeavors! Maybe he just thinks I'm a pizza guy that got lost on his way to deliver some stuff... and his manager is a zombie.

Sorry, but i have game-breaking berserker instincts.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »

Every time you think you've accidentally been too nice to me, erase whatever you had and replace it with something ridiculously cruel.

Problem solved!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28