EXCEPT NOW THEY'RE IN THE MAJORITY!!!!
OH NO! WHAT EVER DO WE DO KNOW!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noobs
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 12:23:04 am »

Or turn Friendly Fire on if your the game host and TK him a lot.

Uh, that's a perfect way to get noobs to TK you.

I find the worst noobs are the ones who call everyone else a noob. You never see a pro gamer blaming his loss on a noobish team member. Even if his team members are noobs, he'd rarely go out and say it. Heck, they'd go out of the way to write an article or something to accuse people they don't like of being noobs.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 01:03:36 am »

Read the bloody top sentence, i didn't write it. Copy and paste, buddy.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:21:53 am »

Ever since I got a PS3 I've been playing console games online from time to time... It's utterly amazing how primitive they are.  Most don't have any sort of voting features at all, and combined with the fact that they're console games it makes them a breeding ground for noobs.  Also, most of these games have no text chat and exclusively voice activated voice chat.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 02:37:56 am »

The ones which possess most wisdom is the ones who talk less, if you're reading, try to notice/understand/reflect before you say it's not.

I find the worst noobs are the ones who call everyone else a noob. You never see a pro gamer blaming his loss on a noobish team member. Even if his team members are noobs, he'd rarely go out and say it. Heck, they'd go out of the way to write an article or something to accuse people they don't like of being noobs.

We know noobs exist, and yes it's 'fun to make fun of them', but I'm gone from that 'phase' already.

Bringing this kind of topic here is just weird, as I admire most people here to have an 'advanced state of mind' not to lose their precious time with that kind of thing (yes, that's one point I meant in the beginning).
Gaming is not our real life, fortunately [?], so noobs are just some kids that need a permanent IP (or whatever else) ban to keep our mood and creativity at high levels even/at least on our free time.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42:25 am »

You know, it's kinda funny...  For all the changes this forum has gone through, and all the users of various backgrounds and personalities that make this their home for any length of time, and whatever weirdness or twisted outbreak crops up, there has always been one constant.

We always think that this community is more intelligent, more mature, and generally better than any other.  For a fogey like me, I find that rather interesting.  In a somewhat sad way.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 03:13:02 am »

Most communities do. Apart from I guess Alchoholics Anonymous or something.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 08:26:52 am »

Not all forums hold themselves to that standard:

Taleworlds -- "Like a room full of soaped-up homosexuals."
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 12:14:28 pm »

Or turn Friendly Fire on if your the game host and TK him a lot.

Uh, that's a perfect way to get noobs to TK you.
I said that was only for my pleasure! I just suggest to go mute them somehow or just get on with the objective.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 01:01:46 pm »

Not all forums hold themselves to that standard:

Taleworlds -- "Like a room full of soaped-up homosexuals."

I was just there!!!
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 02:19:41 pm »

You know, it's kinda funny...  For all the changes this forum has gone through, and all the users of various backgrounds and personalities that make this their home for any length of time, and whatever weirdness or twisted outbreak crops up, there has always been one constant.

We always think that this community is more intelligent, more mature, and generally better than any other.  For a fogey like me, I find that rather interesting.  In a somewhat sad way.

I respectfully disagree.   The Something Awful forums are, on the whole, more intelligent, mature, and of a higher content/garbage ratio than these forums by quite a noticeable degree.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 02:37:14 pm »

I didn't mean to say we're uber and that all is crap though.
But in my 'past experiences' (that sounds gay) in other forums, it was really different.

You'd never see someone "respectfully disagreeing" or just giving a suggestion.
You'd see people flaming each other or saying that everyone is wrong and that they should shut their mouths off etc.

That's why I really avoid forums since many others I've participated was something like that. I joined bay12 because I saw people saying stuff that I'd agree/believe in, or talking about games in the same way I do.
Most people you talk to, when you say things like "how is the gameplay?", "the camera hinders the experience?", "does it have a sandbox feel?" and even somethimes "is it macro or micro management?" you'd hear "Wtf is that? It's like gta lol"

idk. I'm not good in writing anyway.

-- oh yeah, I meant to say that many people doesn't know how to discuss something 'peacefully'.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 02:39:24 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 02:40:20 pm »

I respectfully disagree.   The Something Awful forums are, on the whole, more intelligent, mature, and of a higher content/garbage ratio than these forums by quite a noticeable degree.
Thats becuase its pay to play.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 02:47:11 pm »

All the horror stories I hear seem to suggest otherwise, but I'll take your word for it.

It's the ascii. It does strange things to you. I like to think the vanity is only skin deep. It's not like we actively chase people away and if we have, it's not exactly common.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 02:48:50 pm »

These are forums for those who play Dwarf Fortress for crying out loud. Its learning curve pretty much scares off ANY noob who tries to come here.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5