Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would this work  (Read 399 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Would this work
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:01 pm »

Okay, lets say I fill a hallway with cage traps and station a squad there. Let's also assume whatever big bad is coming through knocks a few of my dwarves out without activating the traps (somehow). Would the dwarves then be sealed inside the cage traps, and totally safe from harm?

AKA: Could I use cage traps as an emergency PROTECT THE KNOCKED OUT GUY FROM FURTHER HARM method of protection?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would this work
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:42:05 pm »

Yeah. You'll have to build the cage, link it up to a lever and release it though, and before they die of hunger/thirst...

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:50 pm »

Yeah. You'll have to build the cage, link it up to a lever and release it though, and before they die of hunger/thirst...

better than them being finished off by goblins ehn? Won't they keep beating up on downed dwarves until they're dead? I've never really paid attention to that myself, I just know that usually once a dwarf is knocked out, he's a dead dwarf unless I have marksdwarves arriving RIGHT THEN.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:13:47 pm »

Actually, this is thankfully untrue. I recently played a turn in a succession fort, and near the beginning noticed that I had a Dwarf cage in my stocks.
It contained one of my dwarves, who'd sustained major injuries in a siege sometime before my turn.
People brought him food and water anyway, though, just like if he'd been in jail.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0