Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting champions to eat their claimed meals.  (Read 520 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Getting champions to eat their claimed meals.
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:31:55 pm »

A champion of mine is holding his hammer and shield in one hand, and a boot in the other. How do I get him to drop it?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Ordered it dumped, and it fetched up there.

My champions have a LOT of single meals claimed and left in stockpiles. They're cluttering the place up. Any way to be rid of them, without just removing the stockpiles and leaving them to rot?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:19:52 pm by Skorpion »
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting champions to drop things.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:43:02 pm »

Cut off his arms?  *shrug*

I dunno... do dwarves drop items when propelled by a bridgeapult?  Sounds like something that needs experimented thoroughly and repeatedly.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting champions to eat their claimed meals.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »

have you set them to carry food because i think that if they carry food they wont eat normally, try fiddling with the squad settings and getting them to stand down and back on duty

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:07:24 am »

I set them to carry food with them in order to stop them leaving their posts, but I rotate them on and off duty over the year so they see the dining room and museum and don't get depressed.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:01 am »

Military dwarves never eat in dining rooms no matter what, so there's no need to have them stop carrying rations. If they're off duty, they'll get tons of happy thoughts from sparring, and if your meeting areas have nice furniture in them, they'll admire it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 12:34:44 am »

I'm sure the booze and prepared meal stockpile under a small meeting area full of artifacts gives them plenty of happy thoughts.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:35:18 am »

Try making them some backups so they can actually carry the claimed meals around.