Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55336 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v1.05)
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2010, 10:14:17 pm »

I've been thinking and how the Shiny spell is broken, randam guy comes to pick it up then drops it, would it be possible to make it pretend its a Artifact? (encrusted item); when someone picks up a Artifact they never drop it unless they are forced to (ie breaks his arm drop Artifact mace). So would making a Shiny Rune add a fake Artifact token and the random pickup?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2010, 03:55:10 am »

I meant a 40d spell craft since it's was the only version that work with other older utilities.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:01 pm »

Just had a dissapointing problem with spellscraft just randomly ended my for, just had it good waiting for the season to turn so autosave kicks in the this:

Exit process code:c0000417 - Which closed DwarfFortress.exe or aka its process

I don't like this spell not a at all, and why did it do this?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2010, 02:33:17 am »

can you tell me what were you doing then this happened? Coz this happened for me once, but that was when i was using all other utils so i thought something other could be responsible. This is not intended, and that message means that it crashed. Just because it sort'a works like a debugger i made it print a bit debugging info.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:21 pm »

can you tell me what were you doing then this happened?

I had Spellcraft running, (turned it on right after I embarked got the greetings) then I was just minding my own business tunneling out a mounton for my fort, I believe I was building floor by useing the build then "C" and engraving and mining all at the same time, I still had the wagon, and about 36 animals. No smelter was built

I've been thinking and how the Shiny spell is broken, randam guy comes to pick it up then drops it, would it be possible to make it pretend its a Artifact? (encrusted item); when someone picks up a Artifact they never drop it unless they are forced to (ie breaks his arm drop Artifact mace). So would making a Shiny Rune add a fake Artifact token and the random pickup?
just being redundant  ;D

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2010, 05:01:49 pm »

It might not handle the game saving while it's open very well.
It also doesn't handle the game's memory changing while it's starting very well.
For example, start a fortress, pause, start Spellcraft, and unpause before you get the Spellcraft message.
Surefire way to get it to crash, at least for me.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2010, 07:27:23 pm »

How much of this goes to hell with d.17?
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2010, 11:54:19 pm »

How much of this goes to hell with d.17?

If I remember correctly
the majority
its really a pity, as spellcraft is just so unique and awesome.. and a lot more spell opportunities are going to be around as well with the new version too.  :o
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2010, 06:37:49 am »

d17 not so much opportunities (coz it's only graphics upgrade). As for new "big" release i will do something. Maybe not this (or this from ground up) but time will tell. Oh and found what makes crashing: It's periodic trigger :/ my mortal enemy.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2010, 06:40:34 am »

Oh and found what makes crashing: It's periodic trigger :/ my mortal enemy.

Slay the beast, Darius! Also, if you could get some very stable runes, I would love to be allowed to package spellcraft with my Mod after the big release.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v1.06)
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2010, 07:22:21 am »

There fixed it. Tried counting ticks but it looked like too much triggering (might slow the game down) so now it activates every 2 secs but triggers on tick. Would be nice to find where current game date is saved. Then periodic trigger would be daily trigger or something similar.
Oh and found and fixed mist/vapor/dragonfire bug.

Edit: just crashed game... :/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:19:35 pm by darius »

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2010, 09:09:25 am »

I dont understand how this works...I build a statue using stone. Afterwards I build a sentry and a rune. Then i go to the jeweler and add the sentry to the statue and afterwards add the rune. I build the statue somewhere and nothing happens. Digging does not trigger, periodic does not trigger too...I dont know why. Any idea?

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2010, 03:31:18 pm »

I dont understand how this works...I build a statue using stone. Afterwards I build a sentry and a rune. Then i go to the jeweler and add the sentry to the statue and afterwards add the rune. I build the statue somewhere and nothing happens. Digging does not trigger, periodic does not trigger too...I dont know why. Any idea?
Was spellcraft.exe running at the time? And I assume the appropriate rune for the actions was being used.
I find that the death sentry combined with a quick tower, and a spike at the bottom + Prisoners of war works wonderfully.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2010, 10:08:56 pm »

There fixed it. Tried counting ticks but it looked like too much triggering (might slow the game down) so now it activates every 2 secs but triggers on tick. Would be nice to find where current game date is saved. Then periodic trigger would be daily trigger or something similar.
Oh and found and fixed mist/vapor/dragonfire bug.

Edit: just crashed game... :/
I wouldn't think it'd be too much much unless you're doing something crazy with it, like multiplying matrices or something. If it's just looking at a few chunks of memory and altering adjacent tiles, I'd think that'd be about the equivalent to moving your mouse around, if not less. If something does end up slowing things down you could always put in a condition that makes that particular rune use a different timing interval, using a separate iterator variable to count up to.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »

Was spellcraft.exe running at the time?

I think so yes. It is started and says everything is "loaded". Any more ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18