Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55379 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.8)
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:44 pm »

I cant seem to get the close sentries to work.. I've put them in doors along with water runes, then hooked the doors up to levers, and I cannot use that lever as a water maker.. and I know its the correct order because I've tried both ways.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22:19 pm »

Having some fun with trying to get magma rune and periodic rune to work (used runes from a loadup a while ago which i suspect to be the problem) when i saw my pressure plates trigger then go up mysteriously, realising them to be thiefs, hopefully, a sentry rune that triggers to the triggering of traps and pressure plates should be possible like the door opening and closing right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2009, 06:42:59 pm »

All right. I updated my Runesteel reactions for making the rune metals for studding. Feel free to use them if you don't want to make your own. Oh, and to break it down:

RUNESTEEL - It's made by combining a five steel bars with one (Still broken) rune of attraction.

RUNETYPE RUNESTEELS Made by combining your rune of choice with a bar of runesteel at the smelter.

If anyone even uses this, feel free to tell me if I messed something up. (There was a typo in my last raws, that I just went back and fixxed, even as I was about to post this.)

Modified Spells.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

Oh, and since some of the metal names would look weird if I used the exact name, I got creative. Easy enough to figure out with a peek at the Spells.txt. (Oh, and if anyone used my last one, I changed Melancholy to Hopeless, and sad to Depressing.)

Great to see you doing it! Currently I have exams but soon I plan to start a world with as many enemies as possible and to try to maximize the use of your runes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2009, 02:32:02 am »

All right. I updated my Runesteel reactions for making the rune metals for studding. Feel free to use them if you don't want to make your own. Oh, and to break it down:

RUNESTEEL - It's made by combining a five steel bars with one (Still broken) rune of attraction.

RUNETYPE RUNESTEELS Made by combining your rune of choice with a bar of runesteel at the smelter.

If anyone even uses this, feel free to tell me if I messed something up. (There was a typo in my last raws, that I just went back and fixxed, even as I was about to post this.)

Modified Spells.txt

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

Oh, and since some of the metal names would look weird if I used the exact name, I got creative. Easy enough to figure out with a peek at the Spells.txt. (Oh, and if anyone used my last one, I changed Melancholy to Hopeless, and sad to Depressing.)

Great to see you doing it! Currently I have exams but soon I plan to start a world with as many enemies as possible and to try to maximize the use of your runes.

Absolution! I wasn't sure if my efforts would be used by anyone. Hooray! Ok.. Now lets see what fun Darius has for us next.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2009, 06:24:57 am »

Modified Spells.txt

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

Absolution! I wasn't sure if my efforts would be used by anyone. Hooray! Ok.. Now lets see what fun Darius has for us next.
I'm hoping for more triggers, but I have a few ideas for spells too.

pregnancy- Makes animals or dwarfs pregnant (only if male of course)

Vermin Generators- makes vermin of random types

a harvest blessing-fertalizes fields

some way of freezing water ( I having tried the cold runes yet so I dont know if they work for it)

Job active trigger- Acts as the periodic trigger does, but with the condition of a dwarf doing labour there.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2009, 06:45:01 am »

Modified Spells.txt

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

I'm hoping for more triggers, but I have a few ideas for spells too.

pregnancy- Makes animals or dwarfs pregnant (only if male of course)

Vermin Generators- makes vermin of random types

a harvest blessing-fertalizes fields

some way of freezing water ( I having tried the cold runes yet so I dont know if they work for it)

Job active trigger- Acts as the periodic trigger does, but with the condition of a dwarf doing labour there.

Cold rune should work inside. And.. Well.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2009, 06:49:53 am »

Woops Aha, I meant to put FE-male.  ;D
It's been a long night. :)

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »

Hey.. Have you whipped up anything that can control weather? A heat wave might be the thing to melt my rivers on the glacier I play on. Or a blizzard would liven up someone's temperate map.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2009, 05:55:16 pm »

Any chance of adding plant and wood materials to the various effects? Also amber/pearl/other stuff you can't get except through trade/adventure. Also, a setting to make a base material create effects. I don't know if that would slow things down or not, but it'd be pretty cool to have the statues that bronze colossi, modded golems/other creatures etc. drop be made of a material that did something interesting.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

[NO_THOUGHT]

• Bay Watcher
  • *cricket*
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2010, 01:10:12 am »

Woot! First post of the new year! I just wanted to say that this absolutely blew my mind out of it's juices. I had absolutely no idea such things were possible with DF. I haven't actually set up DF for my windows machine yet but as soon as I do this is most definitely going to be given a try.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:49 am »

You alive Darius? Made any progress? You Toady in disguise, and came down with H1M1? Or did you just burn yourself out by rising far and fast?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2010, 07:36:07 am »

*with ninja suit* hiding in the shadows :)
Made some progress and now am stuck. :/ :/ Kinda tried to make it smart and now it looks like that just made things worse. Also a lot has happened (including me currently being sick but not H1M1 something easier) and wanted to work on my own game a bit... But it looks like there is going to be a major rewrite there soon so :/
Oh and about weather control: closest i've been was getting rain drop trigger (but it happens so often doing rain that it lags)
amber/pearl/other stuff could be added. Will look into it. (after i battle polymorph :/ )

Oh and i'll add source (hideous monster called source code :o ) for other to play around (including digger's dream and... some other stuff).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:42:26 am by darius »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2010, 07:58:54 am »

*with ninja suit* hiding in the shadows :)
Made some progress and now am stuck. :/ :/ Kinda tried to make it smart and now it looks like that just made things worse. Also a lot has happened (including me currently being sick but not H1M1 something easier) and wanted to work on my own game a bit... But it looks like there is going to be a major rewrite there soon so :/
Oh and about weather control: closest i've been was getting rain drop trigger (but it happens so often doing rain that it lags)
amber/pearl/other stuff could be added. Will look into it. (after i battle polymorph :/ )

Oh and i'll add source (hideous monster called source code :o ) for other to play around (including digger's dream and... some other stuff).

Good to hear from you, and good luck with the battle and recovery. If only I wasn't so unskilled with programming I would be delighted to be able to play around with the sources.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2010, 08:48:04 am »

Now i'm thinking this also needs a rewrite  :-[

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2010, 09:33:51 am »

Maybe some of us could help out? What are some of the problems you've been having with it? Is it a logic problem? Hierarchy? I guess a lot of the times bugs are perfectly solvable but they need an extra perspective to push through them.

Hope you get better soon. Been fighting a cold for a week now myself. Seems like someone up there does not like programmers :D
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18