Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55371 times)

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.8)
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2009, 03:52:50 am »

All right. I updated my Runesteel reactions for making the rune metals for studding. Feel free to use them if you don't want to make your own. Oh, and to break it down:

RUNESTEEL - It's made by combining a five steel bars with one (Still broken) rune of attraction.

RUNETYPE RUNESTEELS Made by combining your rune of choice with a bar of runesteel at the smelter.

If anyone even uses this, feel free to tell me if I messed something up. (There was a typo in my last raws, that I just went back and fixxed, even as I was about to post this.)

Modified Spells.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Matgloss Runesteel

Reaction Runesteel

Oh, and since some of the metal names would look weird if I used the exact name, I got creative. Easy enough to figure out with a peek at the Spells.txt. (Oh, and if anyone used my last one, I changed Melancholy to Hopeless, and sad to Depressing.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:07:13 am by Wiseacre »
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2009, 01:25:17 am »

Anyone know if putting two of the same rune on something would make it twice as effective?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2009, 03:56:42 am »

Can you do that? Never tried. Spells should work (would trigger twice) triggers would only be useful for setups like this: Dig somespell death someotherspell Dig somespell (continuing trigger). As for trances (martial, rage, tantrum) they can be accessed and there is interesting side effect of permanent trance (maybe will make this happen only when artifact base item triggers)

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2009, 04:46:03 am »

Can you do that? Never tried. Spells should work (would trigger twice) triggers would only be useful for setups like this: Dig somespell death someotherspell Dig somespell (continuing trigger). As for trances (martial, rage, tantrum) they can be accessed and there is interesting side effect of permanent trance (maybe will make this happen only when artifact base item triggers)

I would have to make two different types of the same rune with the same effect. I have not tried it, just wondering if two regenerations would heal more in the time it's activated.

Also, If there was a permanent trance, that soldier would be uncontrollable. Just having the dwarf enter trance as soon as they attack, no matter what, would be great.

Hmm. Would an "OnSwim" Trigger be possible as well? The heat rune would be cool for that. Just have your dwarves evaporate any water they come across. The Cold one would be neat if the dwarves would freeze the water when they walk over it. But it would probably just freeze them to death. Also incorporating the WEBBER token into a rune would be neat for the projectile trigger.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:52:44 am by Wiseacre »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2009, 05:10:49 am »

Actually there are two possibilities: a) webbing as status (creature gets webbed) b) webbing as GCS spit (with ability to set web to any creature, and then collect "<creature> silk" :D )

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2009, 05:37:22 am »

Actually there are two possibilities: a) webbing as status (creature gets webbed) b) webbing as GCS spit (with ability to set web to any creature, and then collect "<creature> silk" :D )

Either would be cool, but I think the webbed status would be better. I have changed my dwarf raws for dwarf silk when a strange mood demanded it, a time or two. Ahh Dwarf silk.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2009, 06:27:47 am »

Oh, and while you're here, I wanted to know a little more about the teleport rune. How far is the range, and how do you determine where it will send a dwarf/enemy if you have multiple runes? Two runes come out with the reaction, are those runes bound together in some way?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2009, 09:32:22 am »

Range is about... <quick look at source> up to 8 tiles(including z levels)... And no, it works very simply. Just finds nearest hatch also with teleport rune.
Btw great news. Looks like i fixed my "function calling mechanism". That means more possibilities (namely will try to add spawning, maybe polymorph, summon caravan, maybe wandering wizard salesman) currently only greeting message will be displayed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:43:11 am by darius »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2009, 06:06:09 am »

Range is about... <quick look at source> up to 8 tiles(including z levels)... And no, it works very simply. Just finds nearest hatch also with teleport rune.
Btw great news. Looks like i fixed my "function calling mechanism". That means more possibilities (namely will try to add spawning, maybe polymorph, summon caravan, maybe wandering wizard salesman) currently only greeting message will be displayed.

Could this possibly be the megabeast caller? I'm totally picturing a method of summoning Godzilla.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2009, 07:23:05 am »

A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2009, 07:50:43 am »

Heck yes. Then my Runewarriors get to kill it!

With the power of Fire and, Uhh.. Dragon fire, Water, Zombies and Heart!

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2009, 11:05:12 am »

How does it work ? It would be interesting to have source code or the details of the reversing you did :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2009, 01:26:51 pm »

what about a mind control device that would as a adventure turns your foes into followers?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »

what about a mind control device that would as a adventure turns your foes into followers?
should already be possible, by engraving your bolts with the domination rune, or whatever it was called :)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2009, 07:49:32 am »

Conversion?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18