Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55372 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.7)
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:08 pm »

I wonder, if you could get this to work in the next version, would doctors be able to be assigned regenerative-rune equipment.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 06:07:40 pm »

:'( probably not going to port to next version. About 7k lines of code and alot of it depends on version. I tried to make it as smart as i could (well some parts were written in the beginning when i just wanted to play around...). Also there is "nothing to do till next version". On the other hand if this version has this lot hacking possibilities next would have at least twice as much :D   

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2009, 05:13:49 am »

Darius, a couple pages ago you said some of the things on the list were possible, and I was wondering if the baby making, and the aging one were included in that. Sometimes I don't want migrants, I want Shock troopers. Also, anything else from the list possible and fun? I don't need them all, I was looking for some interesting bits.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 07:10:23 am »

When I read about the stat boost suggestion I would say that if this is possible, then a legends rune capable of improving any skill that a dwarf possesses at least dabbling in can become legendary, reduces the effort of having many runes, each for a skill, but still rewards the dwarf for having at least some experience in the skill they are enhanced in.

I can imagine overuse would occur if encrusted onto wearable items, but for statues and such it would be quite epic, especially if set up like a last stand where your military stand against thee wrath of a siege as they crumble, mere newbie recruits rise up in wrath and wipe out the enemy. Admittedly undoing the change after they leave or drop the item might be an issue =/

Edit: On looking at the readme as I update my copy (haven't been around in a while XP) the projectile trigger almost sounds like that it would have a side effect when used to encrust weapons, was just curious if this would apply, such as using dragonfire with it on an axe, as axe hits unfortunate foe are they also vaporised with dragonfire? don't know but maybe ill find out =P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:15:07 am by BlazingDav »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 07:33:44 am »

When I read about the stat boost suggestion I would say that if this is possible, then a legends rune capable of improving any skill that a dwarf possesses at least dabbling in can become legendary, reduces the effort of having many runes, each for a skill, but still rewards the dwarf for having at least some experience in the skill they are enhanced in.

I can imagine overuse would occur if encrusted onto wearable items, but for statues and such it would be quite epic, especially if set up like a last stand where your military stand against thee wrath of a siege as they crumble, mere newbie recruits rise up in wrath and wipe out the enemy. Admittedly undoing the change after they leave or drop the item might be an issue =/

Edit: On looking at the readme as I update my copy (haven't been around in a while XP) the projectile trigger almost sounds like that it would have a side effect when used to encrust weapons, was just curious if this would apply, such as using dragonfire with it on an axe, as axe hits unfortunate foe are they also vaporised with dragonfire? don't know but maybe ill find out =P
For that it would be better to use OnAttack (attack sentry). If projectile trigger is used (don't remember how i set it up) it supposed to work only if you throw that axe at enemy.
And yeah removing an effect when removing item would be hard...
As for Wiseacre I could do age rune(there are 2 types of ages in dwarfs: current age, death age) so there could be rune of young(cur age -1) (don't remember the spelling...) rune of longevity, rune of aging (+1 year to current), rune of stagnation (set age to some number). Unfortunely you cannot go  back to child stage (tried it on animals).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:41:52 am by darius »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2009, 12:57:10 pm »

i found out that one could just use dtil and dig up the spells with vein helper.
saving the pain of getting a smelter working.
bad news is that some how I forgot I had 40d and not the graphic enhanced version.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »

I used the dragonfire rune on a sword last night, and one swordsdwarf took out a siege, and then he exploded. No corpse, I couldn't bring him back, all I could recover was a blackened skull.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2009, 02:20:21 pm »

::) fire burns corpses.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 02:56:27 pm »

well i told my soldiers(zombie mod) to encrust a zombie rune on a bone idol.
what they did was encrust a health ,defend, dragonfire, proj, and attack.
oh and i embarked in the middle of a infected area so if they want to defend them selves they have to either toss the idol at rotten corpse and hope it doesn't heal the bugger being attack won't help either. wait could you make a 40d version of your new one?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:30 pm »

:'( probably not going to port to next version. About 7k lines of code and alot of it depends on version. I tried to make it as smart as i could (well some parts were written in the beginning when i just wanted to play around...). Also there is "nothing to do till next version". On the other hand if this version has this lot hacking possibilities next would have at least twice as much :D   
*hopes theres a lot of hacking possibilities because he loves where this utility is going*
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

And we have V0.8:
-3 new triggers: OnDrink, OnEat (should be on chew :) ), OnClose
-9 new spells: Unzombie, Pain, Food, Drink, Babbling, Happy, Sad, Sleep (makes dwarves sleep), Rest (removes drowsiness).
-New thingy: default triggers, if spells.txt has line "!DEFAULTS 1" you can use some items without triggers(sentry runes) for example: Statue defaults to OnPeriodic, Door -> OnClose, Barrel -> OnDrink, Weps-> onattack and so on.

Unfortunately we are above our 31 rune limit, this means that 0.7* to 0.8 version transition needs a regen.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1480

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.8)
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2009, 06:06:59 pm »

So how do eat runes work?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2009, 06:18:07 pm »

If anyone in area eats it triggers (for buildings) or if dwarf with armor encrusted with eat rune eats.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2009, 06:31:58 pm »

This is awesome. Pure awesome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:15 pm »

Would the rune trigger "On move" be possible? Also, is the martial trance ability hidden from you?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18