Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55350 times)

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.6)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 03:11:07 pm »

Added Water and Magma runes... Not sure how it works near walls. Use in open area ( i think it will spawn magma or water in the walls) also due to how water works you will need to dig or disturb water somehow to start it flowing.

Cool. Thanks a bunch, Darius!
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2009, 03:11:02 am »

I think I might need to make a buckler which is encrusted with a rune of magma, then leave it outside for those kobolds, monkeys, and raccoons to steal..

Would that even work?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:14 am »

I havn't quite been able to encrust gear. I tried finished goods, but they ignored the weapon in the room. Also, The rune makes magma, but how do I get it to enable magma forges? is it possible without another utility?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2009, 10:33:06 am »

I think I might need to make a buckler which is encrusted with a rune of magma, then leave it outside for those kobolds, monkeys, and raccoons to steal..

Would that even work?
... bucklers... somehow i forgot those. Need to find item offset. But yea it should work with all other types currently supported, namely: Ring,Crown,Earing,Bracelet,Amulet,Scepter,Hat(also helms),Shoe (also armour boots), UpperCloth, Trousers, Weapon.

I havn't quite been able to encrust gear. I tried finished goods, but they ignored the weapon in the room. Also, The rune makes magma, but how do I get it to enable magma forges? is it possible without another utility?

unfortunately yes: you will need another utility.

Thirster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:22 am »

can anyone give me any tips of getting this working with dig deeper?

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2009, 01:30:36 am »

I broke it up a little, if choosing which rune you get, and having it carved from a rock, instead of magic furnace strikes anyone's fancy. Also I was ending up with a gripload of spare runes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The final ones are just placeholders in case Darius adds something later.

Also, as a request, would it be possible to add Runes of Freeze, Dry (Like to evaporate water), Sanity, and/or, possibly polymorph (Really not sure if that's possible. Turning something into something else sounds rad.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2009, 05:36:37 am »

Should work ok. Just follow the instructions in the readme. Make sure you are using 40d16.

I broke it up a little, if choosing which rune you get, and having it carved from a rock, instead of magic furnace strikes anyone's fancy. Also I was ending up with a gripload of spare runes.

<reaction file>

Also, as a request, would it be possible to add Runes of Freeze, Dry (Like to evaporate water), Sanity, and/or, possibly polymorph (Really not sure if that's possible. Turning something into something else sounds rad.
I was thinking of creating that reaction file, but was too lazy. Main idea was to make reactions with realy expensive (rare) stuff.
E.g: blank rune: stone+gold. Rune of berserk: blank rune+flesh and so on.
 As for Freezing/Heating not sure what max temperature to set. (artifact statue :max, simple statue: min) (Maybe not set tile temperature but increase/decrease it by some amount?), Sanity -easy, polymorph also not sure... Changing race is very easy, but that does not change body structure(same problem with skeletons).
Oh and Dry - maybe Heat rune will go instead (Heat of some quality should boil water away).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:41:22 am by darius »

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2009, 05:42:16 am »

Do weapons cause effect on target when struck?

Ie. Sword with attack and bleed runes causing the victim to bleed?

Also... would it be possible to make fireball bolts? Explodes into a imp-like fireball when striking a target.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2009, 06:56:33 am »

Should work ok. Just follow the instructions in the readme. Make sure you are using 40d16.

<reaction file>

I was thinking of creating that reaction file, but was too lazy. Main idea was to make reactions with realy expensive (rare) stuff.
E.g: blank rune: stone+gold. Rune of berserk: blank rune+flesh and so on.
 As for Freezing/Heating not sure what max temperature to set. (artifact statue :max, simple statue: min) (Maybe not set tile temperature but increase/decrease it by some amount?), Sanity -easy, polymorph also not sure... Changing race is very easy, but that does not change body structure(same problem with skeletons).
Oh and Dry - maybe Heat rune will go instead (Heat of some quality should boil water away).

I kind of like the thought of the dwarf just chipping the proper rune out of stone, relying on the power of the rune, and the earth, instead of microcline and mountain gnome chunks. All though, a reaction like that would be interesting in it's own right. (A good source of Mountain gnome chunks? A statue encrusted with periodic rune of resurrections next to your refuse pile.)

If the polymorph can change race, but not body structure, would it limit the change to things of the same structure? or crash the game?

How cold enough would it take to freeze water, but not ice-ify a dwarf? And then of course the ones cold enough to smite your enemy. Such as Rune of Frost, and rune of Freezing Blood, or whatever.

What I'm really waiting to hear is a story about some dwarf in a strange mood that grabs a good combination of these runes, and makes the encrusted door of multidimensional terror.

Hey.. Can runes influence strange moods?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:08:19 am by Wiseacre »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2009, 02:26:40 pm »

Update: Arrows now are also usefull (projectile sentry), and other stuff (heat, cold, sanity, !!dragonfire!!)

Also... would it be possible to make fireball bolts? Explodes into a imp-like fireball when striking a target.
Yes it does work like that (though you would prob not notice attack and bleed, better would be attack and zombie :) )
Yes it is kinda possible with Dragonfire rune and projectile sentry.
Wiseacre: I hope you don't mind that i included your reaction file. And currently no, although i have few ideas, but i am not sure how to influence strange moods.

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.7)
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2009, 03:14:56 pm »

Darius, would it be possible to make 'terraforming' runes. A rune that would spawn soil or sprout trees and herbs?

Also, would it be possible to make a rune activated by a lever? Ie. periodic trigger, but only when a certain lever is activated.

Neoadept

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you look at that hat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2009, 04:03:43 pm »

I really need to look at other people's mods more often.

Darius, would you be willing to lend your skills to my Zombie Mod?  This sort of thing is well beyond me, but the Berserk and Fire runes alone would make real things that until now I have been forced to emulate.  The fire rune specialized to a projectile or material type would make incendiary bullets do what it says on the tin.  And something that makes anyone bitten by a zombie go berserk, while different from what I've seen you do here, would be monumentally useful.

In exchange I can create the reaction file you seem to need, with as much detail or variation as you need.  Reusable reagents, production chains, rare results, explosive results for failed attempts, you name it I can probably wrangle it into the reaction raws.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 04:48:07 pm »

Update: Arrows now are also usefull (projectile sentry), and other stuff (heat, cold, sanity, !!dragonfire!!)

Yes it does work like that (though you would prob not notice attack and bleed, better would be attack and zombie :) )
Yes it is kinda possible with Dragonfire rune and projectile sentry.
Wiseacre: I hope you don't mind that i included your reaction file. And currently no, although i have few ideas, but i am not sure how to influence strange moods.

I'm perfectly fine with it, I'm glad you weren't mad that I fiddled with your mod. As for any ideas my addled mind can throw out.. Are runes that effect stats like Strength Toughness, and Agility possible? How about Paralyze and poison? And for the far out one, Could there be a Midas rune that turned materials to gold, or wood, or
? I know you can just make the smelter spit it out, but hey this would be more fun.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: DF mod/utility/hack WIP
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2009, 10:51:37 pm »

If I were to add M BLOODMETAL to the 3rd line (R SPELL_3) would it use both materials for the same thing, or only the first one?
Or would it just completely banjax the whole thing?
Banjax the whole thing... New version will have multiple material bindings.
Is this in yet? It was posted before a major release, is why I'm asking. If so, how do you put more than one material in there?
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2009, 04:25:10 am »

Allright, so I went to work, and I had some free time. So I put down a bunch of ideas that I thought could be possible, if you are limited to what is possible in the game. I'm gonna break them into four spoilers, Possible Rune/rune trigger, and Fanciful rune/rune trigger. Feel free to just quote it, and put if it's possible next to it. Sorry if this ends up being a long post. (Also, sorry if these suggestions bother you, Hah.)  Oh, I know that most of these will probably be impossible, but hey.. It could be fun.

Possible Rune

Fanciful Rune

Ok, now on to rune triggers. There are less of these.

Realistic trigger

Fanciful Triggers

Once again, sorry if I repeated someone else's ideas, but I would like to know how much of this is possible. Also the Strength, Toughness, and Agility from my earlier post. Thanks for your time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18