Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55313 times)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v0.7)
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2009, 09:09:40 am »

Darius, would it be possible to make 'terraforming' runes. A rune that would spawn soil or sprout trees and herbs?

Also, would it be possible to make a rune activated by a lever? Ie. periodic trigger, but only when a certain lever is activated.
Possible (both soil and tree/herb sprouting). Also for lever never tried it but did something similar for gears.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sure I can help you. You need that tin ammo (or only bullets?) would dragonfire explode and if bitten by zombie (zombified creature or zombie as a creature?) to go berserk? As for your help thank you, but i am still not sure what i want from this mod. I started it as a mod base for others to mod on :)
Yes this is in. Just in the spells.txt add a new line: M BLOODMETAL <SPELL_NAME>. Oh but probably you want it without the trigger :/. Because now you would still need to add trigger rune or metal. So thats adding M IRON OnAttack and than if you make a bloodmetal sword and encrust it with iron it will do just that.
<Loong text>
After quickly looking through that list i would say 50% is doable (that is know how to do it) 25% probably doable (know where to look) and the rest is unsure. So I am going to use that list to add lots'o stuff.  And unfortunately moats filled with other liquids (goo, ale, blood or similar) is just not possible yet (DF doesn't support other liquids).
Also your earlier post: midas -> ok (dont know to what to transform... maybe to triggering item mat?) paralyze-> ok poison-> don't think this is possible.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:15:43 am by darius »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2009, 12:23:21 pm »

Hey. Better than I hoped for. I'm just venting ideas that pop into my head. Shame about the blood moats though.
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2009, 01:11:51 pm »

yes! zombify zombie mod!
dreams do come true!

oh I wonder can one cave in a fort fill it with revives/zombie rune and abandon would the runes still work if one try to go back as a reclaim or( 5 hours of tweak tile modding) as a adventurer.  oh mostly I can't seem to get this to work I have the magma smelter yet no runes? do I have to stick the contents into the reaction text?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2009, 01:29:37 pm »

Probably you didn't regen. As for 1st question. It does work. (tried it in town: build a statue Periodic+Revive and fought there died and been revived. Also enemies got revived too so its endless battle. Also OnDeath+revive amulets quite effective (as is OnDefend+Regen :) ) Oh and contents don't go anywhere. The reaction file goes into df (more info in readme)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:50:18 pm by darius »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2009, 02:48:24 pm »

Probably you didn't regen. As for 1st question. It does work. (tried it in town: build a statue Periodic+Revive and fought there died and been revived. Also enemies got revived too so its endless battle.
Fill a town with these and you can create Valhalla! Very dwarven: they feast all day and they fight all night. or was it the other way around...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2009, 03:23:44 pm »

I was just thinking... It isn't exactly reliable to have all the spells bound to gems/rocks or metals if you want to actually have to hunt the spells down. Also, traditionally parts of various monsters and animals are used in magical objects, so it would make sense to have that here as well.

Would it be possible to bind spell effects to creatures' bones? I'm not sure exactly how it would work, since bones don't have matglosses as such, but it seems like it would be possible to reference them for the spells.

I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if fire imp bones were the component for heating tiles, dragon bones made flaming or dragonfire weapons, troll parts granted regeneration, dog bones for attack or attacked triggers (sentinal-type creatures), and the like?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »

I was just thinking... It isn't exactly reliable to have all the spells bound to gems/rocks or metals if you want to actually have to hunt the spells down. Also, traditionally parts of various monsters and animals are used in magical objects, so it would make sense to have that here as well.

Would it be possible to bind spell effects to creatures' bones? I'm not sure exactly how it would work, since bones don't have matglosses as such, but it seems like it would be possible to reference them for the spells.

I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if fire imp bones were the component for heating tiles, dragon bones made flaming or dragonfire weapons, troll parts granted regeneration, dog bones for attack or attacked triggers (sentinal-type creatures), and the like?

That isn't out of reach, just look up the tokens on the wiki, and change the required item from a rock to that.

Haha.. I was wrong. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:04:33 am by Wiseacre »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2009, 06:13:10 pm »

Not exactly. Current version only allows rocks or metals. You could add a reaction to turn bones into runes and get the same effect. However i just added ability to also use bones (because craftsshop has "decorate with bone"). Will upload soon. Done
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:24:30 pm by darius »

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

-snip-

That isn't out of reach, just look up the tokens on the wiki, and change the required item from a rock to that.
As I understand it, this utility requires an M before the material name to refer to a metal matgloss, or an R before the material name to refer to a stone matgloss, so I suspect that it isn't so simple. Particularly since this mod doesn't refer to the reactions or normal material format anyway.

Still, darius would be the one to know, so I'll wait on his reply for now  ;)And his reply came as I was typing, and it turns out that I was right about it not being so simple. It is/will be nice to have it as a feature, though  ;D
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

arkraven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2009, 06:30:38 pm »

Would it be possible to tweak this so a wizard sells this? (I mean add them to the game and have them travel with the traders and stuff.)
>Philosopher
>Dislikes intellectual discussion

Rename her profession to "Professional Troll"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »

Would it be possible to tweak this so a wizard sells this? (I mean add them to the game and have them travel with the traders and stuff.)
damn thats a good idea. Will look into it. Although it would probably be hard.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2009, 07:06:40 pm »

I plugged you on the community mods list, hope you don't mind.

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2009, 08:45:56 pm »

The water rune, with a periodic sentry seems to be crashing my game. Do I need to disturb water before I plant it, or should that make a difference? Scratch that, it didn't. Huh. I kust dug out a square pit, and planted the periodic statue, with hopes of making a well, but it kept crashing spellcraft, then DF.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:06:18 am by Wiseacre »

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2009, 08:19:20 am »

So I was originally going to question how to make the rune studs, but I puzzled at it, and I think I got it. Here's what I did (Minimal testing folks, very tired. Please test it out or pick over it.) Here's my work in my normal huge text fashion.

Oh, and I made runesteel up from steel combined with the currently broken rune of attraction.

reaction_runesteel

matgloss_runesteel

Modified spells.txt

Please tell me if it's wrong, or use it if you like it, folks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:42:41 am by Wiseacre »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2009, 08:30:34 am »

spells.txt should look like that:
oh and tried to reproduce the bug somehow at first it worked, now it doesn't. I am not sure if i fixed it. Uploaded the new version to dffd
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:53:39 am by darius »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18