Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Spellcraft Is <undefined> (v1.08) for 40d16  (Read 55312 times)

ray10k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Is Reborn! (v1.06)
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2010, 03:44:31 pm »

sorry to ask this, but I can't find the data/raws folder (as in, I couldn't find a folder following the path c:/[folder with df]/data/raws). where do I have to put the files to make this work?
sorry for my newbishness.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:43 pm »

ray10k: c:\[folder with df]\raw\objects
Dimmi: Sure you are using 40d16? If so try periodic sentry+mist. Should be easily visible.

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »

@darius

Yes, the version is 40d16 and the orc mod. No spells work at all.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:29 am »

Gears stopped working halfway through the first year. Does the lever to operate said gears need to be on the same z-level?

I tested it at the start and managed to spawn a few tiles of magma with a gear assembly, however now nothing works. It also halves the FPS for some reason if set to pull activation lever on repeat.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »

Halving of fps is natural because pull on repeat happens VERY fast. As for gears i suspect that magma melted them. Tho not sure could be something else...

@Dimmi
 ??? have no more ideas...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2010, 08:52:23 pm »

@Dimmi
do you have the Spellscraft utility with the rest of the files? (Ie you copied the entire folder into the raws) because when I first started using this untiliy I had the EXE with DF EXE and spells and whatnot in the raws...

I think you can have spells.txt in the same folder as Spellcraft.exe, because I believe Darius has it look in that .txt file to determine what materials are used for what spell.

like he says you can have Steel or some custom material use the same spells as his standard runes

but I personally just dumped everything into the Object/Raws folder and was done with it, it works just I think caravan or mist is buggy, as I've used both on a statue along with santiy and it froze my game, spellscraft gave me some odd error, Should reproduce and post for Darius's knowladge

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2010, 10:04:16 pm »

Y'know what'd be really awesome?

Armor of size. Any dwarf that puts it on instantly has their SIZE value increased by one. of course, that might cause problems, because Then the poor dwarf couldn't wear anything.

Even more fun would be an amulet that periodically increases size, since size of acessories doesn't matter.

Of course, a fun prank to pull on the elves would be to give them a amulet of shrinking to give to their nobles.

Not sure if this is possible, but it'd be fun.
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2010, 10:19:45 pm »

@Dimmi
do you have the Spellscraft utility with the rest of the files? (Ie you copied the entire folder into the raws) because when I first started using this untiliy I had the EXE with DF EXE and spells and whatnot in the raws...

I think you can have spells.txt in the same folder as Spellcraft.exe, because I believe Darius has it look in that .txt file to determine what materials are used for what spell.

The EXE is in the same folder as DF.exe. I give it a try later again.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2010, 11:47:47 pm »

when I run spellcraft and I have alot of animals the FPS take a dive at intervals like someone stabbing it over and over again. But I also used "Friendship" before running Spellcraft.. but this was the first time its done it (I didn't even have any active spells)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2010, 01:15:05 am »

Yeah my spellcraft doesnt seem to be working at all now.
I had it working a version or two before though, back before dragonfire was introduced.. so pretty far back now I guess.

Also how do the gears work? do you need to put them into something specific like a flood gate? or do the gear boxes work fine?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2010, 06:23:29 am »

when I run spellcraft and I have alot of animals the FPS take a dive at intervals like someone stabbing it over and over again. But I also used "Friendship" before running Spellcraft.. but this was the first time its done it (I didn't even have any active spells)
let me guess: the fort is old and there are a lot of items? If so i can understand. There is a procedure that scans all the items for those with runes... This could take a hit on FPS. Also there are a lot breakpoints. Although they are quite fast, collective minilags could sum up to a real lag. For example with debuging printing takes too much time so FPS is about 2.

NRN_R_Sumo1: did you regen world? Because i think about that time introduced big changes to raws and that needed regen. Although i don't think that could cause it but just maaaybe.
Oh and gears work as a "gear assembly" for gear rune. For other (not tested but should) works as a statue or coffer type.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:27:22 am by darius »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2010, 08:51:05 pm »

let me guess: the fort is old and there are a lot of items? If so i can understand. There is a procedure that scans all the items for those with runes... This could take a hit on FPS. Also there are a lot breakpoints. Although they are quite fast, collective minilags could sum up to a real lag. For example with debuging printing takes too much time so FPS is about 2.
There was alot of items... lots... Hmm if the problem is that its checking every item over and over again, could you have it check them all once on startup, then have the user input a command to check all items again? Say I just made a fort nothing was encrusted with runes Spellcraft checks finds none and is done, then I make a "magic" statue, ask Spellcraft to check again, it finds the statue (saves it in a array) then run the required spells that have been encrusted. And since it checks on startup my old forts with "magic" items get checked and im good to go, unless I make another magic item, then I have to re-check. would this work? because I had to do some crazy things with my programs in this fasion ((well one of the crazy ways))

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2010, 09:15:17 pm »

As for gears i suspect that magma melted them. Tho not sure could be something else...

No, you misunderstood me.

The gear sentry worked at first, I tested it and spawned a small pool of lava.
Then I set up a large-scale pattern of gear assemblies, designed to fill the moat with lava.
After everything was put in place, linked up, and sealed off, the lever was set on repeat to quickly fill the moat.
A dwarf came and pulled the lever, and the FPS halved, yet no lava was produced.

I'll try and get a video up or something.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »

yea I noticed that things slow down and fast with the more spells I use, there was no underwater sources and I needed to farm on the mountian so I made 4 statues with the water rune and FPS had a heart attack, now they worked but my sickbay healing statues stopped working, or just decided to work whenever they felt like it between lags, crazy stuff... But then again we are the unoffical beta testers lol

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2010, 04:29:58 am »

So it needs to be statues now? Thats odd, because before I could use doors. ???
Oh well, easy come easy go.  ::)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18